Breaking News: Penn State Will Remove Joe Paterno Statue

LCN

FB | REC Moderator
Sep 29, 2005
And once it comes down it will never be seen again . Probably a pretty wise move .

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
It had to happen. It was the right thing to do. The statue would have been a constant reminder of the scandal.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I know they don't want to over-react, but this is a good first move by State Penn - the throngs of Paterno supporters who simple refuse to accept his culpability in this situation is sad, but hopefully this move by the University will open a few eyes.

Ldlane

Hall of Fame
Nov 26, 2002
BTW - Did Reggie Bush go to USC? I'll bet the only thing that remains are transcripts! All he did was take money.

BamaMTA06

All-SEC
Sep 9, 2007
I think it's stupid and it's only a show for the media. There is no defense for what he did, but if you are going to cut ties with him then cut the ties. Records need to go. I've been to the PSU football museum. That is 90% Paterno. It has to go. The Paterno library and his various endowments also need to go. The school accepted a $100,000 donation from him after her was fired. Erase all indications of him and dontate every dime he has ever given to charity.

IMO, the only reminder of Paterno that should remain is the Peachy Paterno ice cream at the Creamery. That's only because the creamery is privately owned. Not that my opinion matter, but until they prove to me this is more than posturing I don't like it.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
I think it's stupid and it's only a show for the media. There is no defense for what he did, but if you are going to cut ties with him then cut the ties. Records need to go. I've been to the PSU football museum. That is 90% Paterno. It has to go. The Paterno library and his various endowments also need to go. The school accepted a $100,000 donation from him after her was fired. Erase all indications of him and dontate every dime he has ever given to charity.

IMO, the only reminder of Paterno that should remain is the Peachy Paterno ice cream at the Creamery. That's only because the creamery is privately owned. Not that my opinion matter, but until they prove to me this is more than posturing I don't like it.
I posted this on LBN:
PATERNO FAMILY RELEASES STATEMENT ON STATUE’S REMOVAL

They make some valid points. In todays 24/7 news cycle and PC ever lurking, it just might be a rush to judgemnt..I don't know.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I posted this on LBN:
PATERNO FAMILY RELEASES STATEMENT ON STATUE’S REMOVAL

They make some valid points. In todays 24/7 news cycle and PC ever lurking, it just might be a rush to judgemnt..I don't know.
The Paterno family is hurting, I fully understand that. However they aren't helping the situation releasing statements defending a child abuse enabler. If they want to defend the Paterno name they should see what they can do as a family to help victims and start the healing process.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Watching espn right now and I'm getting really angry with these Joe Pa apologists. They keep saying "we don't have all the facts" and "this is a knee-jerk reaction". They are in complete denial. One kid just kept saying "it's a statue...it's a statue. What does this really accomplish?"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.