Mar 31, 2000
They missed the obvious follow-up:

"Were you paid as a college player?"

Followed by:

"How then can you condemn what you yourself did?"

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am not sure what he knows or doesn't know, but college football is a dirty sport, and he is well placed to know the truth. That said, he probably wishes he could take back what he said. I bet he damaged a lot of relationships by blurting something like that out.

It was an ugly attempt to direct the discussion away from Penn State's problems.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I am not sure what he knows or doesn't know, but college football is a dirty sport, and he is well placed to know the truth. That said, he probably wishes he could take back what he said. I bet he damaged a lot of relationships by blurting something like that out.

It was an ugly attempt to direct the discussion away from Penn State's problems.
I agree. I kept thinking he was trying to deflect the attention away from Penn State the whole time I read the article.

Trobinson97

All-SEC
Sep 4, 2008

It's kind of like when Kobe got in trouble with the girl in Colorado and when questioned, he brought up Shaq's dirt.

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
IDK, but seems to me this is grounds for a lawsuit? Defammation of character?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
IDK, but seems to me this is grounds for a lawsuit? Defammation of character?
CNS would have to prove he was wrong. And to be honest, it would be a waste of time. Is this one guy's comments going to bring down CNS's career? Not without hard evidence.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
What was it CNS said last year Agents are Pimps?

Anyone need more proof?

The PSU stuff is not going away for many years!

The more they did the deeper the stink, so nice try on the deflection.

Oh by the way, what star player have you represented?

That what I thought.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I smell something....
Any time I read crap like this I immediately go to ESPN to see if there's even so much as a blog entry, because, trust me, if they thought it had any relevance or even potential relevance at all, they'd be all over it. Guess what? Nada. Zip. Nothing.

I can't believe the Alabama based newspapers even gave this idiot the time of day.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
PLEASE - nobody throw anything at me because I'm NOT defending this guy or anything he said!!!

But we do not know what goes on where we aren't - one way or the other. We like to think of ourselves as
pure and driven only by good, but we don't know. And we also don't know if there aren't shenanigans going
on of a rogue booster unknown to the coaching staff. We HOPE not and we BELIEVE not, but we don't KNOW
for a fact.

Now - having qualified it.

It makes me sick that this kind of thing can even be said without at least presentation of some evidence of
SOME kind. It's one thing to say, "It wouldn't surprise me if X was cheating" or to say "I think X is
cheating," but this guy is claiming to have the goods.

But I've noticed something amazing - this allegation ALWAYS gets hurled at Alabama, and it ALWAYS comes
from teams we beat (more precisely FANS of teams we beat). Part of me is amused by it because nobody
was accusing us of cheating during the Shula era. (Well, Sylvester Croom, but I mean anyone important).

I have cousins who are UGA fans. TO THIS DAY they insist Bryant rigged the 1962 GA game that it was proven
in court he did not. My late grandfather, who was offered a scholarship to Ga Tech back in the late 1920s when
they were a powerhouse. He went to his grave thinking Bryant was the Antichrist over the Holt-Graining incident
and GT leaving the SEC. When Billy Brewer coached at Ole Miss, he blasted Jackie Sherrill as (paraphrasing) "one
of them Bear Bryant boys who got where he was by cheating."

This makes people feel good because it gives them an excuse - "Alabama didn't 'really' beat us, they CHEATED!! So
they didn't "really" lose, no, the other team cheated. (Let's set aside the obvious flaw that even some Tide fans
here repeat - the money is not what made Cam Newton win the games). It makes them FEEL BETTER. You see,
they were REALLY superior but they were done in because the other team played with 15 players against 11.

Whine and kvetch - the American way.

The funny thing is that in 1994 Billy Brewer was dismissed for participating in the payment of players that included
the taking of players to prostitutes to get their signatures. They had something like 60 violations. In other words,
the man accusing others of beating him by cheating was - drum roll - cheating himself!!!

And the funny thing is this - every fan of every school who has ever accused us of cheating has themselves been
CAUGHT cheating, usually at the time they were playing us. OK, I've rambled, but I get sick of the allegation.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
There are sooo many people who would pay, and pay well, to get some solid dirt on our program right now. So when he says "everybody has something on Nick Saban", he is speaking with empty words, because it stands to reason at least ONE of those people would spill it for $$.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Any time I read crap like this I immediately go to ESPN to see if there's even so much as a blog entry, because, trust me, if they thought it had any relevance or even potential relevance at all, they'd be all over it. Guess what? Nada. Zip. Nothing.

I can't believe the Auburn based Alabama newspapers even gave this idiot the time of day.
Fixed it for you.:rolleye2:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.