View Poll Results: Which coach will not be at his current school in 2013?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nick Saban

0 0%
  • Gene Chizik

15 12.61%
  • John L. Smith

96 80.67%
  • Hugh Freeze

7 5.88%
  • Les Miles

3 2.52%
  • Dan Mullen

20 16.81%
  • Kevin Sumlin

1 0.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Which SEC West coaches will not be here in 2013?

John L. is just a placeholder. Cheesy goes nowhere (yet) - I'm of the school of thought that he's not really the HC right now; why fire him? Mullen could move on if things fall right, but he may have got himself into a grave at MSU - it'll be dang nigh impossible to pull off an impressive enough season from Starkville to warrant sufficient attention from the big boys. Les is fine; the locals here are happy with him. JMHO.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I say None of the Above. Smith is the obvious choice... But if he can pull out a credible year, I think the Pigs keep him rather than jump on the coaching carousel again.

IMO none of the others are even close to being invited to leave. Mullen has to get consideration if Florida opens up, but I don't see that happening. Muschamp will get at least one and probably several more years to pull things together down there.

BamaNation First Team

You think Mullen would jump at the Arkansas gig if they came calling?

It wouldn't exactly be a lateral move, but the problem is you're still in the SEC West.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by HartselleTider View Post
    You think Mullen would jump at the Arkansas gig if they came calling?

It wouldn't exactly be a lateral move, but the problem is you're still in the SEC West.
    I believe Mullen does not want to be seen as a deserter and is the reason why he will give MSU 4 years, unless Florida comes calling. After he has a MSU on solid ground (can make a bowl) that he wants to move up. Why wouldn't he? The poster that hinted that MSU can be a dead end job is correct, and I have always wondered why Mullen took the job. Only a very good coach can succeed and move up, I think Mullen can and will.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    I believe Mullen does not want to be seen as a deserter and is the reason why he will give MSU 4 years, unless Florida comes calling. After he has a MSU on solid ground (can make a bowl) that he wants to move up. Why wouldn't he? The poster that hinted that MSU can be a dead end job is correct, and I have always wondered why Mullen took the job. Only a very good coach can succeed and move up, I think Mullen can and will.
    I gree he will go but motto another SEC school, north near Urban or West. His offense will not have to deal with SEC D's IMHO

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    I gree he will go but motto another SEC school, north near Urban or West. His offense will not have to deal with SEC D's IMHO
    Agree. A Big 12 school would be a good fit.

BamaNation All-American We_are_Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Mayor McCheese is more or less another Terry Bowden. The only difference between the two is the fact that cheese had his undefeated season in year two instead of right off the bat like Bowden did. Their records are about the same. One undefeated year, mixed in with 4 and 5 loss seasons. Mayor McCheese won't be gone after this season. But, like Terry Bowden, he will not be there over the long haul. Barring another miracle season, (which is extremely unlikely) I say he's gone by 2015.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    And his defensive coordinator, who will be back seeking employment in the San Fernando Valley area.
    You are assuming he hasn't maintained employment in that field.

The barn's practice shorts are clear evidence that if he isn't still working, he at least still has access to wardrobe closets.

I suspect he still considers that his primary career and the AU gig just a temporary side job.

BamaNation Hall of Fame jthomas666's Avatar
    My Mood
    Stressed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ty Webb View Post
    JLS is easily the favorite.

All the others will be at their jobs unless they go 0-12 or choose to leave for another job.
    I considered voting for Mullen in the "getting a better job" category, but he'll have to beat an SECw team other than Ole Miss before that will happen, and I just don't see that happening this year.
    I may disagree with you, but I'm pretty sure you're not Hitler.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

I don't think any of them will be gone but if anybody gets forced out it would be Chiznik if they have a losing record.

Auburn's not stupid and a losing record would really reinforce what a lot of AU folks are already thinking--"The only time Chiznik has been good was when we had Cam Newton....and who wouldn't have won in that scenario?"

I don't see Mullen leaving for a better job unless Florida comes calling which they won't.

sip

BamaNation All-SEC p'colabamaman's Avatar

I wonder what would have to happen for Smith to keep his job at Arky after 2012. IIRC, he was practically hired as an interim coach, just to get them through the Petrino-Gate mess.
    Let those who don't want none have memories of not getting any. Let that not be their punishment, but their reward. Brother Dave Gardner

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

I agree that Smith is the obvious choice but I chose Mullen. If he has a great season (9-10 wins) I think he'll attract attention from a better school. Probably Big 10 or 12.

I don't see Cheeznik going anywhere based on wins and losses.

Miles is now a much a part of LA as crayfish and mass lunacy.

The new guys can make a name for themselves by upsetting the SECW applecart but not this year. (or the next few for that matter..)

And I seriously doubt we'll ever see Petrino in the SEC again.
    Last edited by JPT4Bama; August 8th, 2012 at 04:26 AM.
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I voted for Smith. I considered Chizik, but I think he'll survive unless they go 3-9 or something like that.
    I guess I was right about that one!