Poll: Which SEC West coaches will not be here in 2013?

Which coach will not be at his current school in 2013?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BamaFossil

All-American
Jun 3, 2008
Williamsburg, VA
I say None of the Above. Smith is the obvious choice... But if he can pull out a credible year, I think the Pigs keep him rather than jump on the coaching carousel again.

IMO none of the others are even close to being invited to leave. Mullen has to get consideration if Florida opens up, but I don't see that happening. Muschamp will get at least one and probably several more years to pull things together down there.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
You think Mullen would jump at the Arkansas gig if they came calling?

It wouldn't exactly be a lateral move, but the problem is you're still in the SEC West.

CapstoneTider

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
You think Mullen would jump at the Arkansas gig if they came calling?

It wouldn't exactly be a lateral move, but the problem is you're still in the SEC West.
I believe Mullen does not want to be seen as a deserter and is the reason why he will give MSU 4 years, unless Florida comes calling. After he has a MSU on solid ground (can make a bowl) that he wants to move up. Why wouldn't he? The poster that hinted that MSU can be a dead end job is correct, and I have always wondered why Mullen took the job. Only a very good coach can succeed and move up, I think Mullen can and will.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I believe Mullen does not want to be seen as a deserter and is the reason why he will give MSU 4 years, unless Florida comes calling. After he has a MSU on solid ground (can make a bowl) that he wants to move up. Why wouldn't he? The poster that hinted that MSU can be a dead end job is correct, and I have always wondered why Mullen took the job. Only a very good coach can succeed and move up, I think Mullen can and will.
I gree he will go but motto another SEC school, north near Urban or West. His offense will not have to deal with SEC D's IMHO

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Mayor McCheese is more or less another Terry Bowden. The only difference between the two is the fact that cheese had his undefeated season in year two instead of right off the bat like Bowden did. Their records are about the same. One undefeated year, mixed in with 4 and 5 loss seasons. Mayor McCheese won't be gone after this season. But, like Terry Bowden, he will not be there over the long haul. Barring another miracle season, (which is extremely unlikely) I say he's gone by 2015.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
And his defensive coordinator, who will be back seeking employment in the San Fernando Valley area.
You are assuming he hasn't maintained employment in that field.

The barn's practice shorts are clear evidence that if he isn't still working, he at least still has access to wardrobe closets.

I suspect he still considers that his primary career and the AU gig just a temporary side job.

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
JLS is easily the favorite.

All the others will be at their jobs unless they go 0-12 or choose to leave for another job.
I considered voting for Mullen in the "getting a better job" category, but he'll have to beat an SECw team other than Ole Miss before that will happen, and I just don't see that happening this year.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I don't think any of them will be gone but if anybody gets forced out it would be Chiznik if they have a losing record.

Auburn's not stupid and a losing record would really reinforce what a lot of AU folks are already thinking--"The only time Chiznik has been good was when we had Cam Newton....and who wouldn't have won in that scenario?"

I don't see Mullen leaving for a better job unless Florida comes calling which they won't.

sip

p'colabamaman

All-SEC
Sep 16, 2008
Pace, FL.
I wonder what would have to happen for Smith to keep his job at Arky after 2012. IIRC, he was practically hired as an interim coach, just to get them through the Petrino-Gate mess.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
I agree that Smith is the obvious choice but I chose Mullen. If he has a great season (9-10 wins) I think he'll attract attention from a better school. Probably Big 10 or 12.

I don't see Cheeznik going anywhere based on wins and losses.

Miles is now a much a part of LA as crayfish and mass lunacy.

The new guys can make a name for themselves by upsetting the SECW applecart but not this year. (or the next few for that matter..)

And I seriously doubt we'll ever see Petrino in the SEC again.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
This is a thread I started before the season. I asked who'd be gone through any possible reason. I just thought it would be fun to look up hw many votes Chizik got.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.