Great article on football in the South

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I had never heard that story about Bryant saying the Lord expected you to block and tackle. A nice laugh and it made my day.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Rick Bragg grew up outside of Jacksonville in Possom Trot. Worked at the Jacksonville News, the Anniston Star, the Birmingham News and won a Pulitzer at the NYTimes. Authored a couple of family sagas. And yeah, the boy could always write.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Rick Bragg grew up outside of Jacksonville in Possom Trot. Worked at the Jacksonville News, the Anniston Star, the Birmingham News and won a Pulitzer at the NYTimes. Authored a couple of family sagas. And yeah, the boy could always write.
Yep, I remember the drive in on hwy 21 let's just say they did not show Disney movies, funniest one was Felix the cat

Kevin4Bama

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2005
Theodore, Alabama, United States
My favorite part:

My uncle John Couch, who made tires for 20 years at the Goodyear plant in Gadsden, Ala., is a Crimson Tide fan. Years ago, in the era of Bear Bryant and Shug Jordan, he suffered through a brief Auburn resurgence, in years he cannot precisely recall, nor cares to. But he remembers seeing a co-worker strutting around the plant in an old Auburn jacket. He remembers how he walked up to the man, leaned in close to him and sniffed.

"I thought so," he said.

"What?" the man asked.

"Mothballs," he said.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Gotta love this quote:

In the winter of 1993, in an attic apartment in Cambridge, Mass., I sat homesick and watched Alabama beat the trash-talkin' Hurricanes -- I mean beat them like they stole somethin' --

Gr8hope

All-American
Nov 10, 2010
When something leaves a big smile on your face after reading it, it's good.
This was good. Thanks for posting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.