LSU press conference, Les announces Tyrann Mathieu off team

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not sure that is correct. I went and looked up the NCAA drug policy. If I read it right, this is only true if it was an NCAA administered test. Test that are administered by the school are subject to the school's policy not the NCAA's.
Yah, could be. Of course if this was an NCAA drug test, and not just one by LSU, the penalty would be:
The penalty for positive tests of both performance-enhancing and street drugs is strict and automatic. Student-athletes lose one full year of eligibility for the first offense (25 percent of their total eligibility) and are withheld from competition for a full season.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
My understanding is this was because remember he was already suspended for failing a test last year. BUt I have also read it was the school that kicked him out not Miles. FWIW.
Still that is school policy not NCAA. If he transfers to a FBS school and is eligible we will know it was a LSU administered test. If he has to sit out a year we will know it was an NCAA test.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Still that is school policy not NCAA. If he transfers to a FBS school and is eligible we will know it was a LSU administered test. If he has to sit out a year we will know it was an NCAA test.
Yah, that makes sense.

And BTW, your avatar kills me. :biggrin: Good time, good times...

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
He was over-hyped. He's a good return man and a very opportunistic defensive player, but an elite DB he was not. LSU will miss him on ST's and for his experience and depth, but his coverage skills can be replaced. JMHO

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
And BTW, your avatar kills me. :biggrin: Good time, good times...
Yeah, lol. Wonder who ol Alex is narking on now days. Don't really see him post around here for some reason ;)

But back to TM. The odd thing to me is LSU's drug policy. How do you go from failing a test and getting suspended 1 game to failing the next test and getting kicked off the team? You would think there would be some punishment between like a full season suspension before you go straight to off the team.

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Yeah, lol. Wonder who ol Alex is narking on now days. Don't really see him post around here for some reason ;)

But back to TM. The odd thing to me is LSU's drug policy. How do you go from failing a test and getting suspended 1 game to failing the next test and getting kicked off the team? You would think there would be some punishment between like a full season suspension before you go straight to off the team.
Well the policy shifts depending on who the weekly opponent is too.

Maudiemae

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2003
West Palm Beach, Florida
Re: LSU press conference, noon today (Aug 10)

I know people who use it casually and I know addicts who don't realize that's what they are, but I know they are. I also think that there should certainly be enough incentive in CFB stardom and then a lucrative NFL career to push a kid to say, "I can do without this stuff", if he was only doing it for fun and didn't have an addiction.
Y'all go educate yourselves on cannabis' effects on dopaminergic and serotonergic activity in the limbic system and signs and symptoms of withdrawal brought about by abrupt cannabis cessation in heavy users, then we'll talk. It's far less addictive than most other substances of abuse, but it's estimated to create physiologic dependency in approximately 20% of heavy users. Moderate or recreational users rarely have problems discontinuing it. It's about individual brain chemistry and pattern and amount of use. Is the average user going to become addicted to cannabis? No, but don't try and sell the "it's not addicting" bit to this psychiatrist.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.