LSU press conference, Les announces Tyrann Mathieu off team

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'd say it's a 50/50 shot between the NFL and Prison for the famous Honey Badger -- somebody better get in his head soon -- his foolishness just cost him about $5 million, maybe more if he can't fix it

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Yeah, lol. Wonder who ol Alex is narking on now days. Don't really see him post around here for some reason ;)

But back to TM. The odd thing to me is LSU's drug policy. How do you go from failing a test and getting suspended 1 game to failing the next test and getting kicked off the team? You would think there would be some punishment between like a full season suspension before you go straight to off the team.

Off topic, but I've always wondered what your avatar meant? Thought this would be as good of time as any to ask.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Off topic, but I've always wondered what your avatar meant? Thought this would be as good of time as any to ask.
Actually I borrowed it from another member so I can't take credit for creating it.

I looked for the original thread, but it looks to be perminatly deleted. It's kinda a long story, but here we go. Once upon a time there was a member who was also a student photographer for UA. Around the time of Cody's UT block some of his high resolution original photos ended up on the net instead of the normal low res ones photographers release for use on the web. The high res photo's in question we linked on the site here. I assume said member panicked an narked on Brett to UA for the high res photos being on Tidefans.com. The site got a warning from UA and we weren't allowed to post any photos related to UA unless we could prove we owned them or had permission. One of the creative members came up with their artistic interpretation of the block and gave us permission to use it.

He never did say how the high res photos ended up on the web. I assumed he put them there or someone at UA screwed up and used the wrong pics.

RogueElephant

All-American
Mar 15, 2007
Los Angeles
HB was over rated IMO he would have been a low round draft pick in the NFL and would have lasted about 2 seasons as a 7th or 8th round draft pick. It will probably be much better for LSU to have him gone.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
The Honey Badger.
Sure had a cool, catchy nickname.
And the media just fawned all over him ... I mean it (the name.)

They sure turned on him quick. I saw several articles about him being selfish and how he hurt the team today, after constant accolades and sad stories up to that point. They love to build them up and then tear them down when they fall.

Lil' Harv

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 4, 2007
Re: LSU press conference, noon today (Aug 10)

I know from experience that smoking weed diminishes you ability to be a better athlete.I'm not knocking anyone who does it but If I wanted to be the best athlete that I could be smoking weed wouldn't be part of the process.RTR

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I know from experience that smoking weed diminishes you ability to be a better athlete.I'm not knocking anyone who does it but If I wanted to be the best athlete that I could be smoking weed wouldn't be part of the process.RTR
If you're smoking it immediately before/during an event, then, yes, I'd agree. One of my more unpleasant kayaking experiences was running one of the eastern US's most dangerous rivers with our "experienced leaders" not being able to be coherent with advice. It came down to my being the de facto leader, since I at least had a readable map. OTOH, in the evening, I couldn't see any damage it did. However, Staci's post, now lost way above, about addiction needs to have attention paid to it. This is an addiction problem. Addictions are mixed physical and psychological. Pot's addiction is probably more psychological, not up there with heroin, alcohol, cocaine and tobacco's physical addictions. However, when it's powerful enough for a Heisman finalist to sacrifice a scholly at a leading FBS school, it's got a real grip on him...

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

depends on your sport, almost every powerlifter I have ever known smoked the marijuana. they got high and would lift for hours without really thinking about it.

I hate how the media makes a point to say 'they are ecstatic in Tuscaloosa' or something along those lines. HB was never a problem for the Tide. AJ will miss him, they might actually play a corner that can cover now.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

As one of my Bama friends said when this news came out. It didn't effect Bama either way. Honeysuckle was basically a non-factor in both games last season. Bama has the talent across the board to bring Honeysuckle's flaws to the forefront. Other than his questionable cheap shot to Kirkpatrick in game one the only time his name was called was when he was getting burnt again by Norwood.

rickvox79

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2008
Pace, FL

As one of my Bama friends said when this news came out. It didn't effect Bama either way. Honeysuckle was basically a non-factor in both games last season. Bama has the talent across the board to bring Honeysuckle's flaws to the forefront. Other than his questionable cheap shot to Kirkpatrick in game one the only time his name was called was when he was getting burnt again by Norwood.
Yeah, I don't think I'm alone in my belief that this guy is overrated, especially on defense. There is no doubt he is great on special teams and was good at forcing fumbles which is important on defense. But the guy was pretty mediocre as a cover corner. Any time he went up against a big physical receiver he got burned more often than not. He talked a big game and then in the two biggest games of the year for LSU he didn't show up at all, even in their win against us the first time.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
It my not be about pot but more likely spice. From what I have been reading, that stuff can be more addictive than pot based on all the unknown ingredients. Its amazing such a thing was available publicly not too long ago.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
Its amazing such a thing was available publicly not too long ago.
It's still available publicly. At least here in GA all the producers did to get around the new law is change the formula up a little. The gas stations that sell it just keep it behind the counter now.

CrimsonTusk

1st Team
Sep 14, 2003
Florence AL USA
Nov 3rd, 2012,...
Bama vs LSU at LSU probably on CBS,...
Verne says to Gary,.... "Ya know Gary, the Tigers from LSU could have beaten Alabama today if LSU had the Honey Booger"

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.