LSU press conference, Les announces Tyrann Mathieu off team

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
Re: LSU press conference, noon today (Aug 10)

I know from experience that smoking weed diminishes you ability to be a better athlete.I'm not knocking anyone who does it but If I wanted to be the best athlete that I could be smoking weed wouldn't be part of the process.RTR
It knocks the edge off if you're playing a round of golf. (What I've been told anyway)

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Nov 3rd, 2012,...
Bama vs LSU at LSU probably on CBS,...
Vern says to Gary,.... "Ya know Gary, the Tigers from LSU could have beaten Alabama today if LSU had the Honey Booger"
For some reason, Verne never says "LSU". He always says "Louisiana State" and it absolutely drives me crazy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

As one of my Bama friends said when this news came out. It didn't effect Bama either way. Honeysuckle was basically a non-factor in both games last season. Bama has the talent across the board to bring Honeysuckle's flaws to the forefront. Other than his questionable cheap shot to Kirkpatrick in game one the only time his name was called was when he was getting burnt again by Norwood.
Well said, Buzzard.

Of course, there was that one other time when Musburger was gushing about him - and his "bleached blond hair..." during the NCG.

Gag...

You could tell Herbstreit wanted to run n hide...

Bear Disciple

1st Team
Oct 27, 2009
Tuscaloosa, AL
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but in the new ESPN College Football Preview Edition, there are 6 pages dedicated to Mathieu. The ironic conclusion of the article: "And that's the last thing about Tyrann Mathieu: You just never know what's coming next." Thank you ESPN for giving me a good laugh

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Not sure if it has been mentioned yet, but in the new ESPN College Football Preview Edition, there are 6 pages dedicated to Mathieu. The ironic conclusion of the article: "And that's the last thing about Tyrann Mathieu: You just never know what's coming next." Thank you ESPN for giving me a good laugh
Predictable for both Mathieu and the self proclaimed WWL: The highway, and bad journalism.

BamaJama17

Hall of Fame
Sep 17, 2006
Hoover, AL

I was looking foward to seeing AJ and Kevin Norwood picking on him again this year. SMH...

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I doubt we ever see him in an LSU uniform again, but it sounds like this may indeed have been what was needed for him. I would love to see him get his life in order.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

Just came back from vacation, and this is a nice surprise to come back to. Although are we really surprised about anything when it comes to TM?

tidefan23

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2004
Hoover, AL

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

The locals here have been whispering about a McNeese transfer since this story broke. The whispers aren't all positive, though. People here still remember Cecil Collins.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009

The easy way out is to transfer, play a year, and cash the NFL check.

If he stays at LSU and sits a year (particularly if he has to pay his own way) I'll actually have to increase my opinion of him.

Whatever other attitude and substance problems he might have, loyalty of that magnitude would be worthy of recognition.

CrimsonChuck

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 1999
Philadelphia, PA

The easy way out is to transfer, play a year, and cash the NFL check.

If he stays at LSU and sits a year (particularly if he has to pay his own way) I'll actually have to increase my opinion of him.

Whatever other attitude and substance problems he might have, loyalty of that magnitude would be worthy of recognition.
And Chizik picks up the phone in 3, 2, 1... :biggrin2:

He didn't redshirt yet, did he?

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

And Chizik picks up the phone in 3, 2, 1... :biggrin2:

He didn't redshirt yet, did he?
Yes he has 3 years to play 2. I'm not sure lsWHO could redshirt him though since he was in trouble. I think you have to have some good standing to get that. IIRC Robbie Green couldn't be redshirted at Bama either because of his issues. I could be wrong though.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.