LSU press conference, Les announces Tyrann Mathieu off team

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: LSU press conference, noon today (Aug 10)

Yes he has 3 years to play 2. I'm not sure lsWHO could redshirt him though since he was in trouble. I think you have to have some good standing to get that. IIRC Robbie Green couldn't be redshirted at Bama either because of his issues. I could be wrong though.
Correct, he can go to FCS and play immediately with 2 years of eligibility. If he stays in FBS, he has to sit out a year and will only have 1 year remaining.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

The easy way out is to transfer, play a year, and cash the NFL check.

If he stays at LSU and sits a year (particularly if he has to pay his own way) I'll actually have to increase my opinion of him.

Whatever other attitude and substance problems he might have, loyalty of that magnitude would be worthy of recognition.
They would have to amend their drug test policy for him to stay. It states "permanent" suspension for the third test. I also wouldn't be too sure about the NFL check. He's actually even shorter than Arenas, whose height hurt him in the draft. I can see GMs watching and re-watching the clip of Norwood easily going up over him in the CG...

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009

They would have to amend their drug test policy for him to stay. It states "permanent" suspension for the third test. I also wouldn't be too sure about the NFL check. He's actually even shorter than Arenas, whose height hurt him in the draft. I can see GMs watching and re-watching the clip of Norwood easily going up over him in the CG...
I think he'd get a NFL gig based on special teams play. He's an average at best DB but a fantastic special teams player.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

And to think, we were honey badger's very last opponent!

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL

I've the feeling we'll see him in BD stadium next year.
I can imagine the media hype/feel-good/turned his life around b.s. now. That actually makes sense. Everybody wins and he gets to stay with the whos. Makes me sick to my stomach really.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I can imagine the media hype/feel-good/turned his life around b.s. now. That actually makes sense. Everybody wins and he gets to stay with the whos. Makes me sick to my stomach really.
LSU has a drug policy which says permanent suspension for a third failed drug test. The fact that he had been warned just illustrated his addictive problem. That policy didn't come from Miles, nor from the AD. It came down from the university administration. I doubt they change it for one guy...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.