LSU press conference, Les announces Tyrann Mathieu off team

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.
Re: LSU press conference, noon today (Aug 10)

If Miles allows this drug addict back on the team he needs to be run out of college football. There is no way ANY coach would EVER think of letting something like this play on your team.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

If Miles allows this drug addict back on the team he needs to be run out of college football. There is no way ANY coach would EVER think of letting something like this play on your team.
He will you know he will right after the first loss & that wont be Bama (that's #2) with open arms.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

Fear is a powerful motivator.
I guess...This is ridiculous...This is absolutley ridiculous....how many chances does he get before he is actually punished for his actions.....i really think the whos are starting to crack under the pressure.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

There's been no indication that he'll play football. Actually, the retweet I got the tweet from said he'll enroll as a student only.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Les said he was not playing football for LSU this year and I've no reason to believe any different. In fact, I doubt it was even Les's call.

I'd say there's a 0% chance we see TM playing for LSU this season. But I honestly don't care if he is - we completely dominated him in both games last year, I've no reason to believe we won't again.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

Les said he was not playing football for LSU this year and I've no reason to believe any different. In fact, I doubt it was even Les's call.

I'd say there's a 0% chance we see TM playing for LSU this season. But I honestly don't care if he is - we completely dominated him in both games last year, I've no reason to believe we won't again.
i agree....This season...he won't...but i think..letting him play at all at lsu ever again is ridiculous.....i really do hope is just back their to get his degree....and im not even saying this as an alabama fan (like crimsonaudio said...we dominated him in both games) im saying this as a man.....letting him play again does not help him in my opinion if anything its sends a message to him that he is truly above the rules and he truly is bigger than the team...and that could have bad consequences for him later in life.

bama119

1st Team
Aug 4, 2001
Eufaula, Al.

I guess...This is ridiculous...This is absolutley ridiculous....how many chances does he get before he is actually punished for his actions.....i really think the whos are starting to crack under the pressure.
College players and pro players should have a 1 strike and you are out policy. And I mean you are out for good, no chance to return anywhere anytime.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

College players and pro players should have a 1 strike and you are out policy. And I mean you are out for good, no chance to return anywhere anytime.
Glad to see you see believe in second chances.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

If he returns to the team, they will have changed a long-standing rule - three positives and you no longer play for LSU in any sport. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

If he returns to the team, they will have changed a long-standing rule - three positives and you no longer play for LSU in any sport. It will be very interesting to see how this plays out...
Could he be getting his degree (is a RS Junior, which means he should be close to graduation) and then entering the draft? Just a thought.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

I think I've gotten tired of hearing about him......

I honestly, could care less if he comes back or not -- he is irrelevant

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

So irrelevant you took the time to click the thread title and type out the above post. You might have even read the latest posts, which take up the last page. Yep, he's irrelevant...

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton

Look up his stats, they say otherwise.

He may never be a cover corner, but he's a top echelon returner and a disruptive force on defense. I've always thought he'd be a better safety than corner even with his small size.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Could he be getting his degree (is a RS Junior, which means he should be close to graduation) and then entering the draft? Just a thought.
Well, he could go anywhere and enter the draft. Why wouldn't he drop down to FCS and play this year instead of hanging around LSU? If he's enrolling at LSU, I have to think that he thinks that the rule will be waived and he will be let back on the team. If he is, it will be a huge mistake by Miles and the PTB above him. Too many short-term "celebrity rehabs" have shown how useless they are. It will end up biting them in the butt...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.