LSU press conference, Les announces Tyrann Mathieu off team

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Despite what our short-lived interloper with the weird name posted, the press releases by LSU itself said that the suspension was permanent... Now, if they reverse, the flak will be mega...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Despite what our short-lived interloper with the weird name posted, the press releases by LSU itself said that the suspension was permanent... Now, if they reverse, the flak will be mega...
I have never known you to be wrong, ever.
He & daddy must not be able to face reality & ESPN is stirring the pot. No pun intended

kat4bama

3rd Team
Aug 27, 2009
It is so sad to me when kids just throw their future out the window. I hope he gets his life together.

banjeaux

All-American
Jun 6, 2007
Slidell, Louisiana
Tyrann Mathieu: Pressure led to use

http://espn.go.com/college-football...thieu-admits-regrets-says-marijuana-usage-him

Mathieu Devastated After Missing Season

Former LSU star Tyrann Mathieu opens up about missing a season of football and his marijuana use.

Boca Raton, Florida -- Former LSU cornerback Tyrann Mathieu says an October arrest for possession of marijuana is what enabled him to finally become honest with himself and turn a corner in his life.

Mathieu, who has been training for the NFL draft at a facility not far from where Monday's Discover BCS National Championship will be played, spoke with ESPN about his drug problem, self discovery and hitting rock bottom.

"Sitting in that jail cell, it clicked," an emotional Mathieu said. "Looking at those people, just staring at me. 'You don't belong in here.' They wanted to come through the jail cell and get me. I'm scared now. Because it's reality now. I don't ever want to feel like this again. I'm not going to feel like this again."

Hopefully, this young man has learned a lesson and be successful in life. Likely, he still has NFL potential, if he can stay on the right course.

Last edited by a moderator:

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Re: Tyrann Mathieu: Pressure led to use

i saw the piece live this morning. I'm one who hopes he turns things around and succeed however he needs to start showing as opposed to saying what he hopes to do.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

I saw his interview last night and while I am definitely hoping he can get his life together and be successful, I found the interview to be full of "forced emotion." I didn't buy it.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006

I saw his interview last night and while I am definitely hoping he can get his life together and be successful, I found the interview to be full of "forced emotion." I didn't buy it.
Me too. While he may be sincere, I felt this was a PR move in preparation for the combine and the player interviews. His contrition is mandatory if he wants to find himself on a NFL roster. His build and skill at DB are marginal right now at that level.

ValuJet

Sep 28, 2000
It is difficult to reach a conclusion on him from reading that article, especially since it's been less than three months since his arrest. The warning signs are in his discussion of having his old drug friends continue calling him on his cell phone, and he's making excuses for not hanging out with them.

Hope he has his life in order, and time will tell.

45longcolt

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2007
Warrior 35180

Can't agree with you Belle. You can't fake the lips quivering. He just isn't that good of an actor.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.