Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast

Re: LSU press conference, noon today (Aug 10)

Honey Blazer just ----- away a NFL first round paycheck
    Last edited by SavannahDare; August 10th, 2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: language

2. Advertisement

With Mathieu, Greg Reid, and Ray-Ray Armstrong all dismissed from their teams, somebody at a D2 school could load up. Alabama St. could add those guys with Crowell...maybe UNA, they've picked up guys before. 3 former All-Americans in a defensive backfield, could be tough if you could keep them out of trouble. BIG "IF".
    I'm a lead farmer

BamaNation All-American Tider@GW_Law's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rolltide_PA View Post
    Honey Blazer just pi$$ed away a NFL first round paycheck
    He was never first round. Not NFL size or cover ability.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamatex82 View Post
    Too, funny. ESPN has on their college football home page a pic of USC's QB and HB with the lead title to the article "Will superstart QB Matt Barkley give USC a man advantage this season or will rugged SEC defenses put the hurt on the rest of the field?"
    The ESPN page has been updated - it now has D. Square sacking Jordan Jefferson

BamaNation Second Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RedStar View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm more excited about, not having to punt or kick to him this November, or not having to hear Verne say "HONE BADGER HONEY BADGER HONEY BADGER," 3000 times a game. Probably the latter.
    I wouldn't hold my breath! Verne has had a man-crush on him since Teblow went Pro. I bet we will still hear his name almost as much as if he was in the game.

Really think this hurts LSU on the field defensively. In many ways, he was similar to what Javier Arenas was for us on the 09 defense... he was at his best when allowed to "freelance" from the 5th DB position. His strength wasn't coverage, but there's no denying he was a guy who legitimately had a nose for the ball... and played hard to boot (see Vinnie S. in a year or so). However, I think it's well-documented that character off the field was lacking... and I'd think LSU will be better in the locker room as a result.

Got to give credit to Les....sticking with the rules.
    Bama 867-314-44 72.6% On the field

2012 SEC CHAMPIONS
    BACK TO BACK NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

BamaNation First Team

I've narrowed it to the following three possible reasons:

1. Drug use
    2. Getting burned repeatedly by AJ McCarron
    3. Misspelling Matthew

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    Not sure he had any choice:
    "LSU associate vice chancellor and associate athletic director Herb Vincent has also been contacting reporters about the press conference."

I imagine Les was informed of the decision.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by GP for Bama View Post
    I see where you are coming from when you say that, but if it really was a school rule, Miles may not have had any choice in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by BAMARICH View Post
    Really think this hurts LSU on the field defensively. In many ways, he was similar to what Javier Arenas was for us on the 09 defense... he was at his best when allowed to "freelance" from the 5th DB position.
    Bingo - he was pretty nasty from the nickel. Five forced fumbles (two returned for TD) and two INTs is pretty strong...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

i think since he has been declared "ineligible" he cant transfer anywhere now.

Mathieu's career has gone to pot