LSU press conference, Les announces Tyrann Mathieu off team

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Re: LSU press conference, noon today (Aug 10)

Or it just means he likes to get high. I'm guessing he just likes to get high.
If he can't get "high" enough just playing sports at the level he was capable of playing sports, then he should've been shown the door before this. Being unable to abstain from a substance despite negative consequences is a sure sign of addiction. And, yes, you can be addicted to marijuana.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011

In transferring, what coach is going to want to deal with this if it creates a cancer on their team.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Can't say I feel sorry for the HB..No matter his upbringing..These Players have access to drug counselors & treatments, doctors, and whatever else that might be needed the moment they 1st walk on campus..It up too the Players to make use of these opportunities..If they don't..Well..I have no sympathy for them..I'm not trying too pick just on the HB..This goes for Bama Players as well..

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA

That was just a great pass and an even greater catch. I think the DB just did all he could. I was hoping to see more of these this year.
i think you're right, and it's what would likely hurt him in the nfl. he's in position, but he's simply too short to cover a tall receiver.

auburnsucks

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 29, 2010

. And, yes, you can be addicted to marijuana.
Not to be THAT guy but unless you're talking about psychological, you can't. He was just stupid. I'm going to leave it at that too because I don't want this thread to turn into that

JayDog

Aug 28, 2011

If he can't get "high" enough just playing sports at the level he was capable of playing sports, then he should've been shown the door before this. Being unable to abstain from a substance despite negative consequences is a sure sign of addiction. And, yes, you can be addicted to marijuana.
I agree with the whole post except the last part. Thats a big negative.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

He can go pro after this year so its unlikely he goes to another FBS school. There are a number of FCS schools in Louisiana, wouldn't be surprised if he winds up there.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

He can go pro after this year so its unlikely he goes to another FBS school. There are a number of FCS schools in Louisiana, wouldn't be surprised if he winds up there.
From my understanding..If you fail 3 drug tests..I don't think you can play NCAA football on any level for a year..Someone please correct me if I'm wrong..

heathco9

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 25, 2010

too bad , i was looking forward to whipping him again. RTR

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL

From my understanding..If you fail 3 drug tests..I don't think you can play NCAA football on any level for a year..Someone please correct me if I'm wrong..
True if it was a NCAA conducted test. Not true on school conducted test.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida

Not to be THAT guy but unless you're talking about psychological, you can't. He was just stupid. I'm going to leave it at that too because I don't want this thread to turn into that
I agree with the whole post except the last part. Thats a big negative.
Y'all go educate yourselves on cannabis' effects on dopaminergic and serotonergic activity in the limbic system and signs and symptoms of withdrawal brought about by abrupt cannabis cessation in heavy users, then we'll talk. It's far less addictive than most other substances of abuse, but it's estimated to create physiologic dependency in approximately 20% of heavy users. Moderate or recreational users rarely have problems discontinuing it. It's about individual brain chemistry and pattern and amount of use. Is the average user going to become addicted to cannabis? No, but don't try and sell the "it's not addicting" bit to this psychiatrist.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.