LSU press conference, Les announces Tyrann Mathieu off team

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
Re: LSU press conference, noon today (Aug 10)

Too, funny. ESPN has on their college football home page a pic of USC's QB and HB with the lead title to the article "Will superstart QB Matt Barkley give USC a man advantage this season or will rugged SEC defenses put the hurt on the rest of the field?"
The ESPN page has been updated - it now has D. Square sacking Jordan Jefferson :D

ScottInPinson

Scout Team
Jan 8, 2010
Pinson, Alabama, United States

I'm not sure what I'm more excited about, not having to punt or kick to him this November, or not having to hear Verne say "HONE BADGER HONEY BADGER HONEY BADGER," 3000 times a game. Probably the latter.
I wouldn't hold my breath! Verne has had a man-crush on him since Teblow went Pro. I bet we will still hear his name almost as much as if he was in the game.

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL

Really think this hurts LSU on the field defensively. In many ways, he was similar to what Javier Arenas was for us on the 09 defense... he was at his best when allowed to "freelance" from the 5th DB position. His strength wasn't coverage, but there's no denying he was a guy who legitimately had a nose for the ball... and played hard to boot (see Vinnie S. in a year or so). However, I think it's well-documented that character off the field was lacking... and I'd think LSU will be better in the locker room as a result.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011

Got to give credit to Les....sticking with the rules.

BamaSully

1st Team
Oct 13, 1999
Jackson, TN

I've narrowed it to the following three possible reasons:

1. Drug use
2. Getting burned repeatedly by AJ McCarron
3. Misspelling Matthew

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Got to give credit to Les....sticking with the rules.
Not sure he had any choice:
"LSU associate vice chancellor and associate athletic director Herb Vincent has also been contacting reporters about the press conference."

I imagine Les was informed of the decision.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Really think this hurts LSU on the field defensively. In many ways, he was similar to what Javier Arenas was for us on the 09 defense... he was at his best when allowed to "freelance" from the 5th DB position.
Bingo - he was pretty nasty from the nickel. Five forced fumbles (two returned for TD) and two INTs is pretty strong...

tripler1

Suspended
Dec 5, 2008

i think since he has been declared "ineligible" he cant transfer anywhere now.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado
ESPN article is up now

Link

The article says he is looking to transfer and possibly play this year. It also says the next 2 DBs on the depth chart are a freshman and a RS freshman. Ouch.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

i think since he has been declared "ineligible" he cant transfer anywhere now.
I don't think he was declared ineligible.

He was dismissed from the team, would have to go back and see exactly what they said now.

CrimsonJag

All-American
Apr 9, 2001
Jacksonville, FL

Not sure I'm ready to give Les some "atta boy's," because he probably didn't have a choice.

Remember, Les is still the same man who allowed his QB to come back after he beat a Marine to a pulp while in the middle of their training camp.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida

Yeah, let's not give Les credit for this one. Three strikes and you're OUT, baby! Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200.

Buh-bye, Honey Boo Boo. ;)

257WBY

Suspended
Aug 20, 2011
Love him or hate him , he is a playmaker and game changer. He sparked LSU to a couple of wins. Hate to see a kid waste opportunities regardless who they play for.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

This team lacks discipline as evident of their performance in the BCS game last year.

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011

For Miles to get rid of the "Clothes Line King" Tyrann musta been doing a bunch of stuff. I doubt it was just a simple 3-n-out case. The 3 fails were the only things made public.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

Ah..........the first notable sign another BCSNCG victim is being processed.

I need to change my mood!

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama

I know we don't like rumors and things that happen on TD, but I seen some rumbling about a thread that was deleted or something a few days ago about Mathieu and they were mentioning how the poster was right...

I'm sure we can all pretty much bank of him smoking "something"....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.