Academic Fraud with AU Recruit - Ruled Ineligible...

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
clicky

A Wooddale High guidance counselor admitted to creating a fraudulent transcript for a former student-athlete at the school and has resigned, according to a statement released Friday afternoon by Memphis City Schools.

The statement did not identify the player but was released to The Commercial Appeal in response to a question about former Wooddale and current Auburn University football player Jovon Robinson. The statement said the city was contacted by the NCAA on Tuesday afternoon regarding the allegation of a falsified transcript and that Supt. Kriner Cash assigned staff to investigate it.
So, did the Barn get Honey Badger high to deflect attention from this? ;)

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Re: Academic Fraud w/ AU recruit?

Who was that the other day that scoffed at the idea of the barn releasing news about the dead trees to deflect from bad news coming out? :)

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

One would hope the counselor will talk as to who put them up to it... My vote would be a backward hat wearing towel boy....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Who was that the other day that scoffed at the idea of the barn releasing news about the dead trees to deflect from bad news coming out? :)
Probably one of our closet barners. There may, I say "may" be more to come from this. I'm to the point that I think AU has embarrassing pix on Slive and Emmert...

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

After the whole $cam mess, I don't think Perry Mason could get these guys. But their clean right?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

i suppose its only au's problem if he ever played or they had anything to do with it. Lets hope they had something to do with it!!!!

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003

clicky

So, did the Barn get Honey Badger high to deflect attention from this? ;)
According to Auburn, we got him high so that we could continue transferring players between high schools. It's also why we apparently forged this kid's grades. ;p

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

If this is true, Robinson is likely (at best) headed to prep school. I cannot imagine the NCAA Clearinghouse would allow him to remain on campus in the face of a falsified transcript, even if he had no knowledge whatsoever of it (which is perhaps bogus in its own right, how would you not know your own course work?).

Hard to see how this could come back to Auburn, though. Unless they had reason to know of the transcript issue, then you really cannot attach liability to the institution. The downside for them is possibly losing a quality player, but nothing further.

Anyway, this is yet another ugly issue for a Memphis area recruit. You see some fine players come out of there, but I'm afraid to say more often than not you just end up with some form of heartache when you sign a kid out of there. Unfortunately, academic issues tend to be the norm, not the exception, at least when it comes to kids from the inner city public school system.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.