Bill Curry to retire at the end of this season at Georgia State.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Good post Tom. For a lot of us old school fans what happened between Coach Bryant and Coach Saban was an extremely hard pill to swallow. College football has changed and quite frankly Alabama was late to the party along with a lot of other teams.

We now have not only the best coach in all of football, not just college football, but our program from top to bottom doesn't take a backseat to any program. Yes, you have to have a winning program but you also have to have a commitment to academics, facilities and most important a commitment to building people with character. If you have the best you will get the best.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I can forgive Curry for his poor record against auburn, but what I can't forgive is his treatment of Alabama while behind the microphone.

Like most on here, I never bought the 'Ole brick thru the window' story'. :rolleyes:
CBC was one of our coaches during a not so distinguished period of time. In some ways he was a OK coach,
but I always thought he lacked fire and intensity. His demeanor on the sideline drove me crazy.
(Could have been the sweater)
I do admit to being a proud owner of a 'Air Homer' Alabama T-Shirt...
Homer Smith was a bright spot in a dark time for me... Curry, not.
Even though he was the last man drafted into the pros. ;)

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I can forgive Curry for his poor record against auburn, but what I can't forgive is his treatment of Alabama while behind the microphone.

Like most on here, I never bought the 'Ole brick thru the window' story'. :rolleyes:
CBC was one of our coaches during a not so distinguished period of time. In some ways he was a OK coach,
but I always thought he lacked fire and intensity. His demeanor on the sideline drove me crazy.
The brick was, of course, a lie. He was certainly no physics major. OTOH, I've read that the last man drafted (Mr. Irrelevant), was also a lie. Sometime, I'll get up the energy to look it up...

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL

Wasn't it "Free Homer" on the t-shirt? A play on the popular movie "Free Willy" IIRC.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Notre Dame 38 Bama 6

Auburn owned us.

Memphis beat us.

It was more than enough to tell Bill goodbye.

He leaves and the very next season we end the losing streak to the barn.

Bottom line. Don't cry for him. He isn't worth it!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.