So this is the guy who voted UM #1

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Here is their schedule. I don't see how they will win the NC with 3 or 4 losses.

September 1 vs. Alabama (in Arlington, TX) 8:00 PM TBA
September 8 Air Force 3:30 PM ABC
September 15 Massachusetts 3:30 PM BTN
September 22 @ Notre Dame 7:30 p.m. NBC
October 6 @ Purdue 4:00 PM BTN
October 13 Illinois 3:30 PM ABC
October 20 Michigan State TBA TBA
October 27 @ Nebraska 8:00 PM TBA
November 3 @ Minnesota TBA TBA
November 10 Northwestern TBA TBA
November 17 Iowa TBA TBA
November 24 @ Ohio State 12:00 PM ABC

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I have no problem with his vote, No one really knows this time of year. His vote will be converted to a Bama vote after week one. Plus, I remember Corky Simpson

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
yeh, no biggie. Herbstriet was an idiot for claiming aurbren as #1 a couple years ago. anything is possible.
Thing is that Herbie later admitted that he did it on a hunch, just like this guy. This guy is blinded by the 11-2 record and didn't pay enough attention to how they won and who they struggled with...

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
Thing is that Herbie later admitted that he did it on a hunch, just like this guy. This guy is blinded by the 11-2 record and didn't pay enough attention to how they won and who they struggled with...
i should have worded my comment differently. sounded like i was being sarcastic. but i meant herbie was indeed an idiot for making that claim. at the same time though, anything is possible.

Timberline Tide

All-American
Jun 9, 2010
Colorado
some decent bulletin board material there:

"I think they had all summer to get ready for Alabama, and I think there will be a little bit of a hangover with Alabama,"

"When I look at playing Alabama, I"m not looking at the Alabama offense," he said. "Remember, (tailback) Trent Richardson isn't there. (Quarterback A.J.) McCarron's OK, not great"

"I mean, Alabama isn't going to score 60 against anybody, and so I think Michigan will hold them off."

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
How does this clown get a job? For one thing, Alabama will not need to score 60 points on anyone! How some people can even find their hind parts with both hands is beyond my comprehension.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
This says it all:

"I just have a gut feeling, for no reason, that Michigan wins that game. Then all bets are off at that point. Now, they may lose 38-10 and I'll get ridiculed and that's OK, but I just have a feeling, for whatever reason, they'll be OK in that game."

Gut feeling but not a clue as to how Michigan would win. Then, in the same breath, is spot on as to what is really going to happen with his 38-10 remark.

I say 41-14 Bama!

bama backer

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2006
Citrus Springs, Fla
I have no problem with his vote, No one really knows this time of year. His vote will be converted to a Bama vote after week one. Plus, I remember Corky Simpson
"If that year (1992 season) proved anything to me, it was the fallacy of the polls. They're a lot of fun, but they mean nothing. It's fun to follow the teams, but they're not that important."

Corky Simpson[/QUOTE]

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
some decent bulletin board material there:

"I think they had all summer to get ready for Alabama, and I think there will be a little bit of a hangover with Alabama,"

"When I look at playing Alabama, I"m not looking at the Alabama offense," he said. "Remember, (tailback) Trent Richardson isn't there. (Quarterback A.J.) McCarron's OK, not great"

"I mean, Alabama isn't going to score 60 against anybody, and so I think Michigan will hold them off."
I saw the swipe at AJ. That's when I decided he was an absolute idiot. MVP of a national championship team who took a lot of it on his shoulders. What he's really saying is that he's drawing to an inside straight and hoping he gets lucky...

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
The only reason Alabama will not put up 60 points this year is that CNS called off the dogs really early & the 3 & 4th team and beyond don't score.

He could have put up 70 against Curry but held back, so Coach Sabn will have more to do with the score thn their defense. I would not bet on how much they can ring up.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
The guy continually said he "had a hunch" or "a gut feeling."

Ok, well, with logic like that I am just going to surrender to your argument.

Really, though, what made me chuckle was the ease with which he discounted the importance of line play. Only a Big 10 dummy would think O-line/D-line matchups are inconsequential.

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Oh, one more thing, and then I will wash my hands of this Aus-munchen..

The first time Big Jesse corrals and lands on top of DR the entire Wolverine Nation is going to feel very sick to their stomachs.

im4uainva

All-SEC
Jul 3, 2011
Charlottesville, Va
If everyone picked BAMA in everything, what a boring place this would be!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree with that. But this isn't "everything". It is possible that Michigan could win this game. I watched Memphis beat Bama in the late 80's. But I doubt anyone was picking Memphis to win. Looking at the personnel matchups, other than maybe at QB, Bama should be deemed superior. Is anyone, other that the mentioned individual that opined a victory for UM, joining him in his prediction? I would be very, very surprised. Roll Tide, Roll...A'ight!

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
Most of us remember Corky Simpsons vote and Herbstreits Auburn prediction, so anything can happen. But I just can't fathom Michigan being the #1 team in the nation. Especially with Alabama, LSU, USC, Oklahoma and Oregon being the great teams they are.

Michigan has to play @Nebraska, Michigan State and @Ohio State and I think they slip against 1 of these teams. Sure they're a good team and I won't deny that, but I highly doubt they are better than Alabama, LSU and USC.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.