• UTEP defeats #4 Oklahoma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Dunno about the barn yet. Boise should be good for one, and I picked GT for a mild upset as well. Beamerball just seems to be running out of steam.

Thanks for the poll, BTW.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Boise St wins handily. They will come in with a chip on their shoulders for being ranked so low, and MSU is incredibly overrated.

Unfortunately I think *U wins at the last second simply because that's what they do, also I believe Clemson isn't as good as they are hyped to be.

On a night where everything goes wrong, I could see UM knocking us off, but I highly doubt that will actually happen.

Vanderbilt will make it a game, but come on, they are still Vanderbilt. Some how they will find a way to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Now can we skip all of the hype and speculation and just get this season going already?:smile:
There is a reason BSU is ranked low. Same reason they are not the favorite in this game.

BSU is ranked #123 in 1A in returning starters. That's right! Not #120. There are 123 this year and BSU is dead last with 6 starters returning.

Last edited:

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al
I like Vandy contending for the East this year and it has to start against USC, UH can win this one if they come out with a fast passing game. USC(w) is pretty thin on defense and they just lost another DL for the year. I think a running a no-huddle with wear on them and maybe get them pretty tired.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
I'm intrigued by OR - ASU. Don't think it's an upset, but many will love the game just because it'll feature two flag football offenses. Over-under on total yards combined for the two teams? 1100.

p.s. - by "intrigued," I don't mean "planning to watch it." I haven't enjoyed watching flag football since mrs. exiled was playing intramurals @ UA back in the day. :biggrin2:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
Forget the rankings, Clemson over Auburn would probably be the upset pick. I imagine the point spread would be a toss-up at best in that one come kickoff.

Boise over Michigan State could be the one, but replacing 17 starters for a school like Boise will be very, very difficult. Still, Michigan State has some key losses in their own right, and frankly they weren't that good to start with. MSU likely wins, but probably an ugly game and an upset wouldn't be a big shock.

Best possibility might be Vandy over South Carolina. I'm sure Clowney and the SoCar DL will give the Vandy OL a lot of issues, but South Carolina might not have enough offensive firepower to just put them away, and if Vandy is anything like they appear under Franklin they won't just whither away. They'll put up a fight, so an upset wouldn't be a crazy thought.

A close second would be Georgia Tech over Virginia Tech. Beamer tends to be highly inconsistent, and they almost always drop a game or two to decent ACC opponents, and Tech will be one of the tougher teams they face.

RollTideinKY

Suspended
Aug 7, 2010
I took Vandy just like most of the posters on here, which isn't usually a good sign, especially in the desert, i really don't see any of these getting beat but I liked Vandy at home, but with so many people liking them the public usually don't win., I think as bad as Mich st is that they at least have a BUM 10-12 whatever it is Defense this yr with a running back, so i can't see Boise pulling off an upset, Sammy Watkins makes a big difference and gives the barn a chance, whats new.. that game is a toss up and so is GeoTech&VaTech, home field i think Beamer gets the W.. USCW could beat Hawaii by 100 if they wanted to and knowing Lame they will prob try too, KY actually now has a chance sense Lville lost its #1 WR as bad as KY is, some call it a rival up here so it could be close.. i still think Lville wins, so now that everyone is on the vandy train I want a mulligan and pick no one gets upset..LOL... and who and the hell voted for Michigan, ban them.. RTR it is getting so close I am starting to get nervous..lol.. Lets ROLL

RollTideinKY

Suspended
Aug 7, 2010
I would also like to add ALA2262 is dead on in my book, even though they are not on the list, I think the closest games to what experts would call an upset is LaTech against A&M, this Game is going to be close in my opinion and would of been my selection if listed, Also Puke Orange playing at a neutral site against NcState will be another one to watch out for, even though it might not even be an upset by kickoff, But i like what he is thinking, I am on the LaTech ship too, it might sink, but dangerous game to start to the season off with and all they are thinking about is the SEC.. we shall see in a couple weeks....

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
I had to say Kentucky over #25 Louisville.

I just didn't see any of the others happening, except maybe Vandy over #9 South Carolina. But I think SC wins in a close game.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
Don't know about the pick being SEXY, but I really think Vandy has a good shot at winning. Conner Shaw is not real consistent and he's prone ( at times ) to make a big boo boo and if Vandy can capitalize on any mistakes they may steal one at home.

RollTide1224

All-American
Feb 18, 2008
Spartanburg, SC
I think Virginia Tech replaces 9 or 10 starters on offense. They weren't that explosive last year so they could have some trouble. Having the extra time to prepare against the triple option could help them though.

I really don't see the Vandy over USC. USC was actually pretty effective down the stretch with Shaw he put up very efficient numbers. They get Lattimore back and their defense should be good enough to hold down Vandy.

Don't see Boise with all the lost starters. Michigan St also has a solid d and run game so they should win that one.

Auburn is probably the most likely, though the fact that Frazier hasnt' been able to beat out a freshman and a guy who can't throw because he is hurt can't be making them feel too good. Auburn's chance is they are strong on the DL and clemson is weak on the OL. That could create problems and Auburn will probably just try to run it down clemson's throat. I still see Clemson having too much but it's a tossup.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Clemson at #14 is overrated; I get it. I still think they burn the barn, though. The reports that keep seeping out have API looking very poor, and I believe this is the year that the man down at the crossroads comes to collect his due for the Cam Newton deal.

Robert Johnson didn't escape, and neither will Pat Dye. :reddevil:

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I picked Boise over Michigan State...
I can't go with Vandy over USCe.
I think the Commodores new uniforms have large pocket protectors in them... ;)
It's asking quite a bit for them to be respectable two yrs. running.

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
I took Vanderbilt, Auburn, and Boise State. I think Auburn can beat Clemson, and I kind of want them to. Wouldn't be harmful to us if they were ranked higher for the Iron Bowl. :cool:

I'm really rooting for Vandy this year and I think they can really surprise everyone and go 7+ wins.

I'm also thinking Boise will beat Michigan State, just, they probably will.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.