• UTEP defeats #4 Oklahoma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
Of these games, I'll definitely be watching the Vandy USCe matchup - to see how good this Gamecocks team is and the improvement in CJF's 2nd year.

I'm kinda pulling for Dantonio and the Spartys to make it to the Rose Bowl so I'll watch that one, too.

Tell you what, if Boise State can go in there, keep it close, and win...I'll probably just have to finally give 'em the respect they say they deserve.

CrimsonblakeII

Scout Team
Feb 19, 2012
Seattle, WA
No way in hell Hawaii beats USC. I pull for Hawaii as my #2 team. New coach Norm Chow has scrapped the Run-N-Shoot in favor of a pro-style offense. Gonna take him a couple years to get the players and system in place.

I've been thinking for awhile Vandy can beat South Cackylacky but will they? They have a tendency to blow any lead in the 4th quarter. I don't think that changes this year either. S. Carolina 29 Vandy 24.

I think there's no upsets in week 1. Michigan State gonna throttle Boise

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think there is a good chance API wins, but I am not going to pick them just on principle. I felt bad enough in an earlier thread saying they'd beat Alabama A&M.

Voted for Kentucky and Georgia Tech.

CrimsonBeachBum

1st Team
Jul 19, 2004
Pace, FL (Pensacola metro area)
I vote for none of the upsets happening; but I won't be shocked if Auburn beats Clemson. I think Vandy will give USC all they want, but USC pulls it out.
Yep, USCe / Vandy will be an interesting match-up. I kinda wanted to vote for Vandy over USCe but I think that USCe will be very good this year. Before they had all of the RB problems, I had GA winning the SEC east this year. I've since flipped and have USCe wining the east. Though Vandy should make things very interesting in this match-up.

13timechamps

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 10, 2011
Ohatchee, Al.
I like the barners and Tennersee.

API is well, API and they are an SEC middle tier team. Clemson is in the ACC and I feel as if the ACC is soft. This is the first game of the year and all players and coaches will have "jitters" for awhile. That fits right into the wheel house of API. They will win, close game but they get the W.

Tennersee SHOULD and WILL get the W here. They are fighting for ole dooley bug's job and have the idea of a fresh season and right now lets face it "everybody is undefeated". I believe that with that attitude they take down a "middle of the pack" ACC team in NC STATE. UT will realize that they play in the SEC and will struggle to win 7 games this year and dooley will be gone but in the first game attitude and preparedness is everything and dooley gets it done for one nite over Tom O'Brien (30-33 current record at ncstate 5th year)

Those are my upset picks for week 1

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
I like the barners and Tennersee.

API is well, API and they are an SEC middle tier team. Clemson is in the ACC and I feel as if the ACC is soft. This is the first game of the year and all players and coaches will have "jitters" for awhile. That fits right into the wheel house of API. They will win, close game but they get the W.

Tennersee SHOULD and WILL get the W here. They are fighting for ole dooley bug's job and have the idea of a fresh season and right now lets face it "everybody is undefeated". I believe that with that attitude they take down a "middle of the pack" ACC team in NC STATE. UT will realize that they play in the SEC and will struggle to win 7 games this year and dooley will be gone but in the first game attitude and preparedness is everything and dooley gets it done for one nite over Tom O'Brien (30-33 current record at ncstate 5th year)

Those are my upset picks for week 1
Uh....ut is a 4 point favorite.

Edit: Don't know why ut is the favorite. NCSU is going to win the game.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.