- Say Something Nice about Michigan Thread -

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
But i wasnt responding to your post.......or at least i wasnt trying to.Dont know how it got posted to your post. hmmm
If you want to reply directly to a particular post, just click "reply with quote" under the post and the post will show up in your reply. Our threads appear chronologically, not all haphazard-insertion-in-the-middle-of-the-thread stuff you see on other sites.

Also, if there are several posts you wish to reply to, use the multi-quote option by clicking the little button all the way to the right under each post you wish to quote. That'll put a little checkmark and then when you click "reply" those posts will be quote directly in your post.

You'll get the hang of it.

SavannahDare

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Gulf Breeze, Florida
My husband's grandmother was raised in the UP, so we vacationed up there a couple of summers ago. Beautiful country, but I could never in a million years live that far north. Too cold and the daylight to dark ratio is all screwed up for this Southern gal.

Other than that, they also have quite the strong hatred of Ohio State, and that's always a good thing no matter where it's coming from. :)

BamaPokerplayer

All-American
Oct 10, 2004
Well...I`ll give you an update...Ford never borrowed and money from the government,and Chrysler/General motors have paid their loans back entirely.So....."it didnt really cost you a penny". "Just thought i would let you know"
Not to hijack but do not attack an Alabama poster on an Alabama forum. The link below will show that it cost, as you put it, a penny. Now walk it off. :)

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiswoodhill/2012/08/15/general-motors-is-headed-for-bankruptcy-again/

MegaVars

All-American
Nov 17, 2002
Warrior, AL.
Well...I`ll give you an update...Ford never borrowed and money from the government,and Chrysler/General motors have paid their loans back entirely.So....."it didnt really cost you a penny". "Just thought i would let you know"
So where's my refund? ;)
Seeing you're new to the board, you wouldn't understand the majority of my post are in jest. My mistake for not using an emoticon. Welcome to TF.

RBTider

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 15, 2009
Oxford Alabama
Michigan
1. Bo was a good coach.
2. Beat Notre Dumb with regularity.
3. Know some good people from there.
4. Only school other than Alabama that I have a shirt with their logo (gift).
5. Their players always look funny with helmets on because of the beard.

Roll Tide!!

Roll Tide!

CrimsonForever1

3rd Team
Aug 22, 2012
My ex wife was from Saginaw Michigan and is an avid Michigan fan... The 2000 orange bowl actually was the start of the ending for us as a couple...... That`s good isn`t it????:cool2:
Anything above Saginaw, is quite beautiful really... Lot of good trout streams and walleye lakes.. The Au Sable river is the first place I ever seen a Bald Eagle in a natural habitat.. Deer hunting is fabulous, but only can bag one a year with Rifle, Bow, or black powder each... Or you can just pick one off the side of the road or your windshield, just don`t get caught... DNR are ruthless.

Last edited:

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
I like Detroit, always have. Have met lots of good people there, never had any problems visiting, and am a big fan of their baseball team.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I live in Michigan. Midland, MI to be exact. Michigan has good people and is a nice place to live. UM is a great academic schook, if a little bit liberal for my tastes.
You are far more of a gentleman than I, Purdue.

The nicest thing I can say about that bastion of liberalism is that their faculty of Bitter Women's Studies is the best of any university in the land...

:smile:

Last edited:

Quicksilver

1st Team
Mar 13, 2010
Ellicott City, MD
For several years, I had a neighbor where I live in Ellicott City, MD who graduated from Michigan. He has since moved away, but we had many good football conversations. He gave me a free ticket to an Orioles game. He's a good guy.

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
--My Step-Dad is a Michigander & UM grad from class of 1950. He has completely renounced all connections w/ the Univ & will be screaming loudly for my alma mater (UA) to crush his. So, he's OK & he's from Michigan.

--(best Lt. Dan delivery) "So, you guys are from Michigan, huh? Well, Chicago's a fine town..." :biggrin2:

--I strongly second the "not OSU" comments of others. I'm all Go Blue when they play the Urbanites this year...(and every year, back before they were the Urbanites)

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.