2014 RB prospect Preston Dedeaux

PicayuneMT

Aug 21, 2012
Hello Tide fans, first time post, life long Tide fan. Just wanted to get the word out on a super RB from Mississippi, Preston Dedeaux, 5'10" 201. The helped lead the Picayune Maroon Tide to the 5A state title last year and the team is favored to repeat this year. Preston started on defense last year at safety and relieved the starting RB on offensive. He ran for almost 900 yds and had 10 TDs. He had 91 tackles and 2 ints on D. He has started this year out with a bang with a 310 yd performance against 6A Biloxi last week. He was this weeks Clarion Ledger athlete of the week. He will be drawing everyone's attention VERY soon. Here is a video of his sophomore highlights.

Last edited:

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
You can bet this staff has seen him, they are relentless in their pursuit of players. This post could trigger the ongoing debate regarding Mississippi players.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

PicayuneMT

Aug 21, 2012
You can bet this staff has seen him, they are relentless in their pursuit of players. This post could trigger the ongoing debate regarding Mississippi players.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
I can imagine the debate. Malcolm Faciane is from the same high school and although Malcolm has the skills set needed, his inner drive and nose for the game was nowhere near this young man's. I am still hoping the coaches can bring out his (Malcolm's)potential. As for grades I hear Dedeaux has no issues there either. Many MS athletes have issues, attitudes and baggage with them, again not so with this lad.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
50 carries in one night for a 15-16 year old is like asking a pitcher of the same age to throw 140 pitches one night with 104 curveballs mixed in. Just plain cruel. Absolutely inexcusable.

PicayuneMT

Aug 21, 2012
Easy to cast stones when you don't know the situation. The team runs the ball over 90% of the time and in this game they held the ball 75% of the game and the game went into overtime. The fullback that shares the running load got injured early in the game and went out. I believe there was around 75 plays ran by the offense. It was a unique situation to say the least and will not likely happen again. Preston wanted the ball also and still looked as good late in the game as early. The coach admitted he was surprised and really embarrassed when he heard the number of carries after the game. No one is about the fire a head coach that hasn't had a losing season in his 18 years at the helm. He won't let it happen again I'm sure.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
50 carries in one night for a 15-16 year old is like asking a pitcher of the same age to throw 140 pitches one night with 104 curveballs mixed in. Just plain cruel. Absolutely inexcusable.
I agree. Reminds me of a RB from 1A Donoho in Anniston a few years back that went to JSU. They would run say 48 plays in a game and 45 of them were handoffs to him. Of course he had a TON of yards but he was IT for them. Easily a good way to get a kid hurt.

Easy to cast stones when you don't know the situation. The team runs the ball over 90% of the time and in this game they held the ball 75% of the game and the game went into overtime. The fullback that shares the running load got injured early in the game and went out. I believe there was around 75 plays ran by the offense. It was a unique situation to say the least and will not likely happen again. Preston wanted the ball also and still looked as good late in the game as early. The coach admitted he was surprised and really embarrassed when he heard the number of carries after the game. No one is about the fire a head coach that hasn't had a losing season in his 18 years at the helm. He won't let it happen again I'm sure.
The stats will tell as the year goes on then we'll see if the coach really was surprised and embarrassed.

PicayuneMT

Aug 21, 2012
I agree. Reminds me of a RB from 1A Donoho in Anniston a few years back that went to JSU. They would run say 48 plays in a game and 45 of them were handoffs to him. Of course he had a TON of yards but he was IT for them. Easily a good way to get a kid hurt.

The stats will tell as the year goes on then we'll see if the coach really was surprised and embarrassed.
Yes the stats will tell in the long run. Although he is the best weapon he is not the only weapon the team has. Many games he is going to by pulled before or during the 3rd quarter once the game is decided.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
He has ability for sure, but how about some accolades for the running lanes he had to choose from? Wow, that O-Line put a hat on a hat and literally moved the LOS back a few yards each play.

Trent has spoiled me as an Alabama fan. I watch these videos and think, "Nice move, how's he going to finish?" or, "he needs to get lower and widen his stance a little, like Trent does." He has become the back that I compare all others too, and for most that's just not fair...

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007
I would hope your story is right, MT, but I'm just going to be brutally honest: Facially it has more holes than a volleyball net. There was no one else on a 5A state championship team that could carry the ball? The coach really didn't realize the kid had carried the ball 50 times? If you're buying all of that, you need to stay out of Brooklyn.

For his sake, of course, I hope you are right. If that even remotely keeps up, this poor kid will be done before he even gets to college.

PicayuneMT

Aug 21, 2012
This weeks stats: 25 carries for 171 yds and 2 TDs. 1 pass thrown for a 30 yd TD. One 91 yd run for TD not included in stats called back on holding.
This was in a winning effort of 56-35 against 6A runner up Petal. Dedeaux got relief as 3 others carried 17 times in rolling up 510 total yds rushing in the game.

I would hope your story is right, MT, but I'm just going to be brutally honest: Facially it has more holes than a volleyball net. There was no one else on a 5A state championship team that could carry the ball? The coach really didn't realize the kid had carried the ball 50 times? If you're buying all of that, you need to stay out of Brooklyn.

For his sake, of course, I hope you are right. If that even remotely keeps up, this poor kid will be done before he even gets to college.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.