Page 1 of 70 123456781151 ... LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GulfCoastTider's Avatar
    Recipes
    My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Mark my words. The 2012 Auburn football season is going to be a first class cluster.

I know they are somewhere just north of 70 scholarship players for 2012. I have a good sense that of that number, they will be able to count on somewhere around 65. Seven guys have been run off or quit. Another two might not make it.

Of the skill players they signed in 2012, they might get two or three on the field. Of the senior leadership they expected this season... well, I don't want to get ugly.

In 2010, I picked Auburn as my Dark Horse candidate to win the SEC, so I'm not just homering.

From what I've seen in the offseason, during spring practice and fall camp...

Coach 5-19 is back in his toothless glory.
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

Thread deleted by SavannahDare
    Reason: Dude! Coach Saban would sooner die than tweet.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-American silentsam74's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn will be a first class cluster

The only thing I am sad about is that Sammie Watkins got suspended. I would sure love to see him run up and down the field like he did in last years game.
    Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.
    --Thucydides

It is easier to find men who will volunteer to die, than to find those who are willing to endure pain with patience. -- Gaius Julius Ceasar

My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by silentsam74 View Post
    The only thing I am sad about is that Sammie Watkins got suspended. I would sure love to see him run up and down the field like he did in last years game.
    Watkins was a playmaker.

But what does it say about your team and your season's expectations when one man on one opponent's team gets suspended and you say, "whew..."
    “Lamar Thomas has got it, he's on his way down the sidelines... George Teague runs him down! He took the ball away!!! HE'S GOT THE BALL!!!"

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

GCT, I have been steadily drawn to that conclusion myself and have hinted at as much in a couple of threads recently. I'm not close by and have to rely on reports, but several items cause me to raise an eyebrow. The players are reported to be fundamentally unsound at practice. That should be a flashing neon sign, even if API didn't have coaching changes and a low scholarship roster to deal with. Discipline is spotty, to be generous. The excuses coming out of their camp (we are young, etc.) bode no fair sailing, either.

And then there's the elephant in the room. I can't imagine that the NCAA has forgiven the barn for their flaunting of a bought player in 2010, and Emmert seems to be feeling his oats. There are a couple of recruiting 'issues' which have so far received only a little attention which could easily become monstrous problems. Worse, I'm not convinced that the PTB in the barnyard have enough sense to lay low.

Chickens come home to roost at night. They always do. It may be near nightfall on the plains.
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

My Mood
    Ornery on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bamachile View Post
    And then there's the elephant in the room. I can't imagine that the NCAA has forgiven the barn for their flaunting of a bought player in 2010, and Emmert seems to be feeling his oats. There are a couple of recruiting 'issues' which have so far received only a little attention which could easily become monstrous problems. Worse, I'm not convinced that the PTB in the barnyard have enough sense to lay low.
    It's almost as if they self-imposed sanctions. We all know the initial signers penalties hurt, but it's the scholarship reductions that limit the number of players you can carry each year that really do the damage to the depth of your team.

This is the second straight year that they will be starting the season well south of the NCAA limit of 85.

They are getting quality prospects. They just can't get them on the roster or keep them on the team.

less TP = healthier trees, right?

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I think they have a lot of issues but thier QB situation is probably going to be their downfall. KF will start, he is athletic but very inaccurrate and inconsistant with his throws. He is a poor man's Michael Vick. The SEC defenses will bottle him up and make him throw which will lead to a lot of turnovers. They would have been a lot better off if they didn't screw over Trotter so bad that he just left the team. In the end they will probably win some games they shouldn't and get blown out in the games that they should lose. I would say that they win 6 or 7 games but it could get a lot worse if the team starts to implode. I am sure Bobby Petrino is keeping an eye on the situation.

RTR

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

It looks bad enough just with the players who are no longer on the roster. When I factor in the new coaches and systems it looks bleak for them. Around NSD I looked them over and figured 8 wins. Now I think if they go 6-6 and squeeze into a bowl the Chiz will have done a great HC job.
    An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support. John Buchan

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I wish I knew how they seem to be doing good in recruiting this year?

I know the standard answers, but really what is drawing these kids there?

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamanut_aj's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Business as usual, IOW?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by dcm79934 View Post
    I think they have a lot of issues but thier QB situation is probably going to be their downfall. KF will start, he is athletic but very inaccurrate and inconsistant with his throws. He is a poor man's Michael Vick. The SEC defenses will bottle him up and make him throw which will lead to a lot of turnovers. They would have been a lot better off if they didn't screw over Trotter so bad that he just left the team. In the end they will probably win some games they shouldn't and get blown out in the games that they should lose. I would say that they win 6 or 7 games but it could get a lot worse if the team starts to implode. I am sure Bobby Petrino is keeping an eye on the situation.

RTR

i've said it so many times and i agree with you about Trotter. He was by far the best QB on that roster. If Mosley is their QB, he wont be for long. They had better hope Frazier has learned how to pass. If not, they may be looking at a 6 win year.

Quote Originally Posted by dcm79934 View Post

RTR

Not to mention it was my understanding at least that they were trying to go to a more of a pro-style offense with their new OC, and as you pointed out Frazier just isn't that kind of qb...and no Dyer in the backfield either. No doubt, they've had an unusual amount of players leave or suspended.

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

The University of Auburn is in trouble at qb. An aubie acquaintance jokingly asked me if we had a spare qb they could have. This was an unsolicited remark from him, out of the blue. I think their fans who know what's really going on there are girding their loins for another rough year.
    I asked him who they were going to go with, he dodges the question and says the Wallace kid was their best qb, but a true freshman, and certainly not going to be put in raw in a game against Clemson. "Next year" was the phrase, like it didn't matter at this point since none of the returning ones are going to be very effective.

May they have a long, miserable season, but with CheeseNips winning just enough to stay on as HC.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis