Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Re: Auburn will be a first class wreck

Just noticed that Corey Grant didn't crack the depth chart at RB or kickoff/punt returner.

He and Phillip Sims didn't seem to better themselves with their transfers (at least not now).

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.

Amazing what you hear from barners. The office barner voice told a group of us yesterday there was no drop off from Dismukes to back up. Back up is older and smarter and centers main job is not to block, but to make calls. And Advantage barn since Watkins is missing from line up. Ignoring that Dyer is no longer in their backfield. I understand backing your team, but ignoring the obvious is the barn way.

Never seen one group excuse, justify, blame and whine like barners. I initiated a discussion about the REC a few days ago and WOW! that was fun. The paranoia was amazing! A meltdown will be quite entertaining to watch. Bring it on!

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Just noticed that Corey Grant didn't crack the depth chart at RB or kickoff/punt returner.

He and Phillip Sims didn't seem to better themselves with their transfers (at least not now).
Looks like Trooper was right, Grant would never play at Bama, too bad he left out that he'd never play at Auburn either. thats what you get for trusting the towel.

Sims did it the right way, i wish him the best, but I'm enjoying grants failure and hope it continues.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Told by an Aub today that Corey Grant was injured during the first few practices of fall camp. That explains him not being on the depth chart.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Corey Grant is a fine kid, but the offensive coordinator change really hurt his chances of playing time in the immediate future. He could have played the scat back role in Malzahn's spread (just like McCalebb), but with Auburn being a more pro-style attack now, he's not going to have the size to be the interior runner that you need in that scheme.

Nagging injuries have slowed him down, which are always toughest on speedy kids, but I'm not sure he would be in line for much playing time anyway, even with their depth situation. If he can pass block, he might get onto the field next year as a third down back (or this year if he can get healthy quickly and something happens to McCalebb), but otherwise he will probably have to end up at slot receiver to really see a lot of time. He's probably a situational player at best if he stays at tailback.

With the OC change, he basically has the same problem now at Auburn that he had at 'Bama.

Last edited:

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA

Mark my words. The 2012 Auburn football season is going to be a first class cluster.

I know they are somewhere just north of 70 scholarship players for 2012. I have a good sense that of that number, they will be able to count on somewhere around 65. Seven guys have been run off or quit. Another two might not make it.

Of the skill players they signed in 2012, they might get two or three on the field. Of the senior leadership they expected this season... well, I don't want to get ugly.

In 2010, I picked Auburn as my Dark Horse candidate to win the SEC, so I'm not just homering.

From what I've seen in the offseason, during spring practice and fall camp...

Coach 5-19 is back in his toothless glory.
Who is "Auburn"?

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA

Amazing what you hear from barners. The office barner voice told a group of us yesterday there was no drop off from Dismukes to back up. Back up is older and smarter and centers main job is not to block, but to make calls. And Advantage barn since Watkins is missing from line up. Ignoring that Dyer is no longer in their backfield. I understand backing your team, but ignoring the obvious is the barn way.

Never seen one group excuse, justify, blame and whine like barners. I initiated a discussion about the REC a few days ago and WOW! that was fun. The paranoia was amazing! A meltdown will be quite entertaining to watch. Bring it on!
If that's the truth, Frazier better be a better runner than $Cam.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL

The Alabama defense approves this message.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

A lot of you are sure making a lot of a statement that pretty much says that a center's role is more than just blocking, from a random FAN.

RTRforever14

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 29, 2012

All to often just when you think Auburn is down, they some how come back and win... still surprised they beat USCe in Columbia and went 8-5... Thought they would have a losing season. The first two games will tell the tell... If they lose them, they are staring at 1-4 and the meltdown will be epic. Win them and they dodge another bullet.... Not sure if I want them to get rid of Chiz.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.