Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Auburn will be a first class wreck

I saw a "breaking news" type story about this on WSFA. Of course, they didn't say anything of substance. What on earth?
I was getting ready to post the article from WSFA, but there's no information out yet. Would like to know what the deal is.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

I was getting ready to post the article from WSFA, but there's no information out yet. Would like to know what the deal is.
I know! Seemed to be super quick and under the radar. If it has ANYTHING to do with the Boogs, WSFA will be the last to report it. LOL. Auburn homers.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011

'Bama State has had its own share of issues through the years, so who knows?

GreatMarch

All-SEC
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham, AL

He played football there back in the late 80's. Is that enough?
Didn't Danley also work in the fund raising arm of the AD at AU for many years? I found it odd when he left AU to take the AD job at ASU but I do find it strange that the school would suspend him without pay, cut his cell, and everyone heads for the caves. Bama is surrounded by stupid in this state of ours.

Last edited:

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

Nope. Need a lot more.
Pat Dye was his coach? He still lives in Auburn? Nobody would ever expect him, especially since he was the AD for another school.

I'm not saying I believe he is the bagman, I'm just saying it isn't that far-fetched of an idea!

ETA: I don't think his leave of absence has anything to do with the Boogs. He did something bad, though!

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Pat Dye was his coach? He still lives in Auburn? Nobody would ever expect him, especially since he was the AD for another school.

I'm not saying I believe he is the bagman, I'm just saying it isn't that far-fetched of an idea!

ETA: I don't think his leave of absence has anything to do with the Boogs. He did something bad, though!
And he filed an EEOC complaint against *U while he worked there, settled out of court and was promptly fired

http://archive.decaturdaily.com/decaturdaily/news/050219/employee.shtml

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011

Yep, and it was Jay Jacobs that fired him. The barners turned on Danley like a snake after he filed the complaint. I highly doubt they would have been using him for illegal activities that could burn the barn to ground if it got out...
From tiny Tot's rant to Paul Davis--------

One week on the job, Hall came in with a ledger of players who have been paid, who paid the money, how much money and when it was paid. He said we've still got 9-12 players that we're paying $600 per month. We paid them $12,000-$15,000 to sign. We sign about four every year that we pay. (Former assistant coach Rodney) Garner paid most of the players. He was paid when he was a player at Auburn. (Stacey) Danley is the assistant compliance guy, and he was paid when he was a player. I broke the rules. I said pay it off, and it will never happen again.

ETA - he knows where all the bodies are buried----------

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

From tiny Tot's rant to Paul Davis--------

One week on the job, Hall came in with a ledger of players who have been paid, who paid the money, how much money and when it was paid. He said we've still got 9-12 players that we're paying $600 per month. We paid them $12,000-$15,000 to sign. We sign about four every year that we pay. (Former assistant coach Rodney) Garner paid most of the players. He was paid when he was a player at Auburn. (Stacey) Danley is the assistant compliance guy, and he was paid when he was a player. I broke the rules. I said pay it off, and it will never happen again.

ETA - he knows where all the bodies are buried----------
Oh wow. He sure does. They probably hired him as the asst. compliance guy because he knew the deal--he was a product of Pat Dye, after all!

Any news out there about what got him canned at ASU? Based on his football lineage, I'm going to guess it may have something to do with paying players there? Except I can't wrap my brain around why you would have to?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.