Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
Re: Auburn will be a first class wreck

Just like Alabama A&M, ASU is a cess pool of thieves running the college.
I may sound hard to believe, but since Joe Reed got shown the door ASU has been making pretty good progress at correcting their issues. It will take at least a decade of continuing to run folks off to finish the job and a quarter century or more to see their reputation start to improve but I hope they get it done.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Two days until we see just what sort of team the barners can field this year. I suspect Clemson is going to hurt 'em.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Clemson has been describes as "Barnville with a lake". I was up there for work a while back and spent an hour riding around campus. It was spring break. so not much was going on. But I decided I wanted a Clemson t-shirt and went in a couple campus stores.

I walked out without getting one. The shirts looked too much like an API shirt I couldn't bring myself to buy one, much less put ti on my body.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

As for Danley, something must be up to fire the AD right before football season with a new stadium ready to open soon. But ASU has had a lot of trouble with the NCAA in recent years so it isn't surprising.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

As for Danley, something must be up to fire the AD right before football season with a new stadium ready to open soon. But ASU has had a lot of trouble with the NCAA in recent years so it isn't surprising.
I have to wonder if the Danley story has to do with something involving the new stadium or the new upgrades ASU is doing. Just a thought.

Mentioned yesterday an Aub told me Cory Grant wasn't on the depth chart because he got injured. During the conversation, he said he thinks by the end of the season Auburn will be with Alabama and LSU as the top 3 defensive fronts in the conference. They've got the talent, but I'm not sure they can be one of the top 3 in the conference.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

I have to wonder if the Danley story has to do with something involving the new stadium or the new upgrades ASU is doing. Just a thought.

Mentioned yesterday an Aub told me Cory Grant wasn't on the depth chart because he got injured. During the conversation, he said he thinks by the end of the season Auburn will be with Alabama and LSU as the top 3 defensive fronts in the conference. They've got the talent, but I'm not sure they can be one of the top 3 in the conference.
That Aub probably knows more about their talent and depth than I do, but I will be surprised if that team turns out to be one of the top 3 defenses in the SEC. Better than UGA and SoCar? Color me skeptical... If they are better than Ark on defense, I will be surprised.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

Mentioned yesterday an Aub told me ... During the conversation, he said he thinks by the end of the season Auburn will be with Alabama and LSU as the top 3 defensive fronts in the conference. They've got the talent, but I'm not sure they can be one of the top 3 in the conference.
Top three in the conference won't be happening unless major injuries strike 'Bama, LSU, Georgia, or South Carolina, all of whom are better up front.

Still, that probably says more about the strength of the SEC than any weaknesses that Auburn may have. They've admittedly got some very good talent up front, and Lemonier could be as good as any end in the country. Nationally, I could see them having a top ten defensive line, perhaps even higher. We'll just have to see how they live up to their potential. The talent is there, but they've underachieved defensively for three years now.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

The Barners "seem" to have a great d-line class in the making, but with D Liners problems who knows?

I've got a Auburn buddy who's mostly a "glass half full" kinda guy and he tells me their D-line will be very good this year. I guess we'll see, but their biggest problem may be they'll get worn out by the offense going 3 and out all year long.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

That Aub probably knows more about their talent and depth than I do, but I will be surprised if that team turns out to be one of the top 3 defenses in the SEC. Better than UGA and SoCar? Color me skeptical... If they are better than Ark on defense, I will be surprised.
Not one of best 3 defenses. He said defensive fronts. I think everyone knows that secondary has more questions than a telephone survey.

BET said exactly what I was thinking when the guy said it. They've got talent, but will potential be reached? I mentioned USCe, and the guy dismissed them. He's knowledgeable at times, but then, he'll make statements that make me wonder how much he knows. For instance, he said Kris Frost got injured during a kickoff last season. IIRC, Frost got injured during summer workouts or during fall camp.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

The Barners "seem" to have a great d-line class in the making, but with D Liners problems who knows?

I've got a Auburn buddy who's mostly a "glass half full" kinda guy and he tells me their D-line will be very good this year. I guess we'll see, but their biggest problem may be they'll get worn out by the offense going 3 and out all year long.
Dee Liner is still in high school. His problems have no affect on this year's D-line.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Dee Liner is still in high school. His problems have no affect on this year's D-line.
Yes, I know that, but was suggesting they are making strides at getting a good d-line in this recruiting class.

My second paragraph was addressing the current line.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

I can't post the link from my phone, but The Commercial Appeal is reporting that the Memphis guidance counselor was told by someone to change Jovon Robinson's transcripts, but she won't say who. As usual, you gotta think AU has their butt's covered, unless the issue becomes a criminal charge for the GC. It is my understanding that under recently changed Tennessee law, she can be prosecuted for academic fraud.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

I can't post the link from my phone, but The Commercial Appeal is reporting that the Memphis guidance counselor was told by someone to change Jovon Robinson's transcripts, but she won't say who. As usual, you gotta think AU has their butt's covered, unless the issue becomes a criminal charge for the GC. It is my understanding that under recently changed Tennessee law, she can be prosecuted for academic fraud.
Seems like we've heard this before....someone knows something but they won't say it!!!!:rolleye2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Here's the link.
Presented on Aug. 8 with the opportunity to tell Memphis City Schools and NCAA officials why she changed the grades for a former Wooddale High athlete, the counselor went silent.

"She admitted making the changes, yet would not provide a rationale for the changes," William White of MCS wrote in an e-mail to a fellow schools official later that day. "She was certain someone had asked her to make the changes but was reluctant to name anyone who may have been involved."

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com

This might be your link

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/aug/30/counselor-wouldnt-tell-memphis-city-schools-why/

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama

I don't care how much I was paid to do something and subsequently paid again to keep my mouth shut, if I am facing criminal prosecution, I am singing like a canary. I hope the GC decides to spill the beans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.