Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

OBMS

1st Team
Jan 9, 2011
Re: Auburn will be a first class wreck

The network is amazing---the naive will never believe it and the cynic can never prove it. Memphis street talk is that both were paid, as well as some of the coaches. Suspect Lynch is no longer in town and will show up in Texas. And yes, they are wondering just that.
Anyone ever heard the name of the MSU booster? (if there actually is one)

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame

The network is amazing---the naive will never believe it and the cynic can never prove it. Memphis street talk is that both were paid, as well as some of the coaches. Suspect Lynch is no longer in town and will show up in Texas. And yes, they are wondering just that.
Anyone ever heard the name of the MSU booster? (if there actually is one)
There's a name floating around on the Scout board, but I won't bring here because it is only a rumor at this point. The guy who posted it has been correct on with the info he has posted about Memphis so far...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

This is a long Facebook status/comment back and forth from some Aubs (and maybe a Bama fan). Enjoy...

Take away the blessed year of Cam in 2010 and Gene Chizik is now 16-11 at Auburn. The guy can recruit but I don't think he can coach his way out of a paper bag. I don't see long term potential with this guy.
  • What would it take to get Saban? Or Les Miles, Chip Kelly or the guy at Highland Home for that matter? I'll pitch in.
  • You've got to be kidding me.
  • Auburn has the bucks. I just don't think Jay Jacobs has the chops to lure a big name coach.
  • Not kidding. You take Cam out of the equation and Chiz is probably coaching for his job this season.
  • I would agree he is coaching for his job this season. Losing one game does not a season make. And to discount Cam is just silly.
  • Clemson has hung 1152 yards of offense on us over the last two years. With an idiot like Dabo Swinney as head coach. If Chiz can't handle Dabo then he has no chance competing with Saban.
  • I'm not discounting Cam. I'm saying Chiz is damn lucky he fell into our laps.
  • Thats my point. He didn't just fall in our laps. Chiz and co recruited him.
  • Why don't you look up Tubs % his 1st 3 years. Almost identical. - the natty of course
  • Natty? For real? Do I need to start a beer fund for you?
  • Live a little. Grab a six of yuengling.
  • Har har.
  • Seriously. We have 2 new coordinators. Chizik was willing to make a change, can we not give it AT LEAST a season to see how it works?
  • I just can't get over that Coach .......... is a defensive coach and he has yet to field a really good defense. Seems like a big red flag. Clemson rolled up 500+ yards without Sammy Watkins. Thats terrible. You either decide you want to contend for SEC titles year after year and get a better coach or you stick with .......... and pray for another Cam Newton/Nic Fairley duo to land in your lap once every 10 years in between a bunch of 7-5 seasons.
  • You misspelled Chizik. Twice. Must be that darn auto correct.
  • After you guys start 1-4 you'll notice a lot more Auburn fans having the same autocorrect issue. : )
  • In 5 years, Saban has 1 SEC championship and 2 national. In 3 years, Chizik is 1/1.
  • No contest between Saban and Chizik. I'd personally buy Chizik's plane ticket if we could get Saban. He is the best coach in college football and it's not even close.
  • Saban has 3 natl titles at two different schools. You wouldn't bet me a dollar that Chiz wins another SEC title before Saban does. Or before he gets fired.
  • I'm just not seeing it with Chizik. Some guys are great coordinators but average head coaches. See Dubose, Mike. I think Chizik falls into that category.
  • I'll bet you dinner for your fam that Chizik has 2 SEC titles at the end of year 5.
  • I'm not hating on Chizik. I'm just being realistic. Auburn nearly got beaten at home by Utah State last year. Dabo the moron is a dropped pass away from being 3-0 against Auburn. I don't see greatness in Chizik.
  • We should have thrown a blank check at Muschamp. Too late for that now.
  • You got it.
  • If this year ends like last year, my tone will change. Just don't see how we can write him off after he made the coaching changes and lost a game that we could have won.
  • Now that's funny Chris. Muschamp will be head butting high school kids in 2 years
  • I bet Van Gorder has never given up 528 yards before tonight.
  • Bad defense, weak offense that scored its only TD on a busted coverage. Same crap, different year.
  • I get it. This game sucked. But I'll bet you a fresh Ruby Tuesday salad we are vastly improved over last year when it's all said and done. By that, we beat at least 2 of UGA, UAT, LSU, ARK.
  • Auburn has been really good at winning close games the past two years. You can't bank of winning so many close ones every year. If those close wins start turning into close losses, Auburn could go 5-7 or 6-6 this year and Chiz will be in a win the SEC title or get fired situation in 2013.
  • I agree. If we go 6-6 or worse, it'll be do or die next year.
  • Next weeks game is HUGE for y'all.
  • No doubt. If we lose that one, the Ruby Tuesday Salad is off the board Chris.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.

I can't help but believe that the NCAA's going to be visiting the plains again very soon and AU might have some real exposure here.
The NCAA will send someone who is a cross between Mr.Magoo & Inspector Clouseau and find nothing.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.

Most telling fact about Chizik is the towel waver totally disrespected him today when Darren Bates got the penalty. Chizik is in Bates' facemask chewing him out and towel waver Trooper walks out there and grabs Bates to get him away from Chizik.

BIG TIME TROUBLE IN BOOGVILE.

BamaFanOnBeach

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 15, 2007

Most telling fact about Chizik is the towel waver totally disrespected him today when Darren Bates got the penalty. Chizik is in Bates' facemask chewing him out and towel waver Trooper walks out there and grabs Bates to get him away from Chizik.

A family member who attends AU hinted today that there are some issues between players/coaches.....

UA All the Way

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2005
Las Vegas

I think this demonstrates perfectly how little control Chizik has over his players/staff.

This shouldn't come as a surprise as there have been signs of trouble for a long time now.

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al

TeHEHEHE The ESPN guys just said awburn's defense is a MESS!!! Funny, Funny Stuff!! I encourage any one who wants a laugh to watch the barn replay!!! LOLOLOL

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al

Man they're still unraveling over on al.com they really are desperate, they're now talking about getting rid of cheeze nip and hiring petrino!!! HAHAHAHA LOLOL funny stuff:biggrin:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Man they're still unraveling over on al.com they really are desperate, they're now talking about getting rid of cheeze nip and hiring petrino!!! HAHAHAHA LOLOL funny stuff:biggrin:
Don't think Aubs won't do what they have to do to get Petrino. Fine with me if they do, too. Saban owned him at Arky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

'Cheese Dip' appears to be only a figure head coach at uɹnqnɐ.
(Malzan was, The coach, but he escaped them...)

The 'Lunatics are running the asylum' down there, and I love it.
Looks like the players are only responding to their buddy 'Trooper'.
I can hear the AC/DC 'Hell's Bell's' tolling now Dong... Dong... Dong.
(Petrino's probably already checking out 'Hostesses') ;)

Last edited:

dirtroadlizard

All-SEC
Nov 3, 2011
Bunker Creek , FL

Funniest post I've seen on the barn scout board today . " There are collections of castrated animals at the vet school that have more collective testosterone than this bunch."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.