Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891252 ... LastLast

Re: Auburn will be a first class cluster

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    I wish I knew how they seem to be doing good in recruiting this year?

I know the standard answers, but really what is drawing these kids there?
    Their NC isn't too old and they can really sell the "family" and "we have fun; it's not business" attitudes. Some players (people in general too) want the path of least resistance and the barn is selling that in spades to players. Ironically, their "family" pitch really rings hollow considering the attrition they have each year as GCT pointed out.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Situation
    Normal
    Auburn
    Still
    Sucks

All I know is my barner hubby is usually crowing and going on and on this time of year about how good AU is going to be. He's grown more and more quiet as the final weeks of summer have rolled by. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

Quote Originally Posted by bamachile View Post
    GCT, I have been steadily drawn to that conclusion myself and have hinted at as much in a couple of threads recently. I'm not close by and have to rely on reports, but several items cause me to raise an eyebrow. The players are reported to be fundamentally unsound at practice. That should be a flashing neon sign, even if API didn't have coaching changes and a low scholarship roster to deal with. Discipline is spotty, to be generous. The excuses coming out of their camp (we are young, etc.) bode no fair sailing, either.

And then there's the elephant in the room. I can't imagine that the NCAA has forgiven the barn for their flaunting of a bought player in 2010, and Emmert seems to be feeling his oats. There are a couple of recruiting 'issues' which have so far received only a little attention which could easily become monstrous problems. Worse, I'm not convinced that the PTB in the barnyard have enough sense to lay low.

Chickens come home to roost at night. They always do. It may be near nightfall on the plains.
    It is literally a house of cards that looks to start falling here in a couple of weeks. I don't see them satrting out better than 1-3.

Should be fun to watch!

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

AU will find a way to win games they aren't supposed to, it is in their nature. Like last year, they had no business beating USCe in Columbia and still they found a way. I don't think they'll be 4-8 but if they lose some games early it could start a free fall. Looking at their schedule now...oh...hmmmm...Clemson, Miss St, Ark and LSU in their first 5 games? I'm gonna say 6-6 or 7-5.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TommyMac's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

The u$ual.

Playing time is also a big factor, with their revolving door roster PT is much easier than at a more stable program.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; August 23rd, 2012 at 08:54 AM. Reason: formatting
    "I'm just a simple plowhand from Arkansas, but I've learned over the years how to hold a team together, how to lift some men up, how to calm others down, until finally they've got one heartbeat, together, a team."

Coach Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by SavannahDare View Post
    Situation
    Normal
    Auburn
    Still
    Sucks
    This. It is the nature of their program.
    It's not rocket surgery!

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Money, cars, parties, questionable women. Any athletic thug would be in Heaven.

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by rtcjny View Post
    Money, cars, parties, questionable women. Any athletic thug would be in Heaven.
    Oh, I don't think there's any question about their wimmenz.
    "Sometimes the juice is worth the squeeze." - Marcus Luttrell, 'Service - A Navy SEAL at War'

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Talking Re: Auburn will be a first class cluster

SituationNormalAuburnStillSucksAll I know is my barner hubby is usually crowing and going on and on this time of year about how good AU is going to be. He's grown more and more quiet as the final weeks of summer have rolled by. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost.
    It's best to keep an eye on him, though. By the middle of the season, he might be huddled in a corner sucking his thumb!
    "If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity, nothing else matters." - Alan K. Simpson

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I agree 100% with ya GCT..It's obvious the auburn football program is slowly self destructing before our very eyes..It's a train wreck(in slow motion) going on in Lee County..They're "reaping what they sow"..When the sold their souls buying sCam Newton..I hope it was worth it Barners..

Oh, I don't think there's any question about their Ewe's.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    It looks bad enough just with the players who are no longer on the roster. When I factor in the new coaches and systems it looks bleak for them.
    Yah, may folks have been talking about the new coaches (they're good) but seem to be forgetting they've been recruiting players to run Gus's offense for a few years now - smaller, quicker, 'finesse' types - and now they're trying to switch to a power game. That affects both sides of the ball, as the defense had to be able to play more downs under Gus's offense, so they had to be smaller and rely on their speed. You saw the results the last few years of what their smaller D did against the power running teams of the SEC - they simply didn't have the mass to stop them.

Both sides of the ball are ill-manned to run the system they're switching to. I'm sure many of their guys have bulked up this off-season and they do have some quality players, but they'll likely look like a less-talented 2011 Florida this season - too small to play the game they're trying to play.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; August 23rd, 2012 at 09:07 AM.
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. 2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

CGC is still trying to get some more mileage off of 2010. Even he has to realize that that season is old news now. $cam matters not one bit in the world of college football anymore. But, cheese probably thinks that he will catch lightening in a bottle again one day. And until that day, now matter how bad things get, he will have 2010 as a nice little fall back. This saga is about to get even more interesting.
    When my grandma left this life, I didn't say bye. I said see you later.

RIP, Grandma. Forever in my heart.
    01/04/1926-08/11/2012

My generous employer gives us 104 vacation days a year. They are called Saturday and Sunday.