Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

TidefaninOS

All-SEC
Feb 14, 2009
Ocean Springs, MS
Re: Auburn will be a first class cluster

SituationNormalAuburnStillSucksAll I know is my barner hubby is usually crowing and going on and on this time of year about how good AU is going to be. He's grown more and more quiet as the final weeks of summer have rolled by. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. :)
It's best to keep an eye on him, though. By the middle of the season, he might be huddled in a corner sucking his thumb!

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

I agree 100% with ya GCT..It's obvious the auburn football program is slowly self destructing before our very eyes..It's a train wreck(in slow motion) going on in Lee County..They're "reaping what they sow"..When the sold their souls buying sCam Newton..I hope it was worth it Barners..

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

It looks bad enough just with the players who are no longer on the roster. When I factor in the new coaches and systems it looks bleak for them.
Yah, may folks have been talking about the new coaches (they're good) but seem to be forgetting they've been recruiting players to run Gus's offense for a few years now - smaller, quicker, 'finesse' types - and now they're trying to switch to a power game. That affects both sides of the ball, as the defense had to be able to play more downs under Gus's offense, so they had to be smaller and rely on their speed. You saw the results the last few years of what their smaller D did against the power running teams of the SEC - they simply didn't have the mass to stop them.

Both sides of the ball are ill-manned to run the system they're switching to. I'm sure many of their guys have bulked up this off-season and they do have some quality players, but they'll likely look like a less-talented 2011 Florida this season - too small to play the game they're trying to play.

Last edited:

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

CGC is still trying to get some more mileage off of 2010. Even he has to realize that that season is old news now. $cam matters not one bit in the world of college football anymore. But, cheese probably thinks that he will catch lightening in a bottle again one day. And until that day, now matter how bad things get, he will have 2010 as a nice little fall back. This saga is about to get even more interesting. :pDT_popc:

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I agree 100% with ya GCT..It's obvious the auburn football program is slowly self destructing before our very eyes..It's a train wreck(in slow motion) going on in Lee County..They're "reaping what they sow"..When the sold their souls buying sCam Newton..I hope it was worth it Barners..
:BigA:If you take a look at au now I think the crap is really about to hit the fan. Their players are now saying that they are "Being taught how to play football." What has been going on down there the last few years? Is this not a slap at chizik, trroper and luper? Also, trooper and luper have applied for several head coaching jobs to no avail. Most of the time, assistants are snapped up by programs looking to jump start their teams and you would think coaches from a 2010 national title team would be in hot demand. The word is out on them is my opinion.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

The PTB at *U should be very nervous. Emmert knows now, because of the PSU thing, he can do anything he wants to do as long as he has public opinion behind him. Every CFB fan knows they bought Newton, and you would be hard pressed to find a single one, other than barn fans of course, that would not want him to nail them for that. All it would take is something like Yahoo getting behind it like they did with Bush and USC.

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

I don't see a train wreck coming. Special teams will be very good, the defense could be pretty decent, and while the offense will be a flaming crater like it was last year, I think the schedule can keep them afloat at a solid record.

You've got to figure that they have at least four wins baked into the schedule (ULM, Ole Miss, New Mexico State, and Alabama A&M). Beyond those guaranteed four wins, they've got pretty low-lying fruit in at least three others (Clemson, MSU, and Vandy). That will probably put them in the neighborhood of six or seven wins, and if they can continue the luck in close games that they have gotten the first three years, it wouldn't be a surprise to see them finish with around eight or nine wins factoring in a mid-tier bowl win against an also-ran of another conference.

I think they'll be a lot like last year. Decent win total, but an ugly team to watch and one that will get smoked by the better teams, specifically 'Bama, LSU, and UGA. Still, though, you can be a bad team these days and still get six or seven wins.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I don't see a train wreck coming. Special teams will be very good, the defense could be pretty decent, and while the offense will be a flaming crater like it was last year, I think the schedule can keep them afloat at a solid record.

You've got to figure that they have at least four wins baked into the schedule (ULM, Ole Miss, New Mexico State, and Alabama A&M). Beyond those guaranteed four wins, they've got pretty low-lying fruit in at least three others (Clemson, MSU, and Vandy). That will probably put them in the neighborhood of six or seven wins, and if they can continue the luck in close games that they have gotten the first three years, it wouldn't be a surprise to see them finish with around eight or nine wins factoring in a mid-tier bowl win against an also-ran of another conference.

I think they'll be a lot like last year. Decent win total, but an ugly team to watch and one that will get smoked by the better teams, specifically 'Bama, LSU, and UGA. Still, though, you can be a bad team these days and still get six or seven wins.
They could also very easily lose to Clemson, MSU, and Vandy.

CapeHorn

Scout Team
Aug 22, 2012

I see them with basically a 4 game schedule. 4 automatic wins (Lou-Mon, Ole Sis, NM State, & Bama A&M), 4 automatic losses (Ark, LSU, Ga, & Bama). that leaves them with 4 toss ups (Clemson, Miss ST, Vandy, & tex A&M). maybe we get lucky and they go 4-8, more than likely with their luck 6-6 or 7-5.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006

I agree they will be better than some think. They do have 4 guaranteed wins with ULM, Ole Sis, Ala St & NM St. I see them winning 2 outta 3 from Vandy, MSU & Clemson, and 1 they should not, either Arky, LSU or UGA. 7-5. Should they jump out the gate and take Clemson and MSU, an 8 or 9 win season is likely. Now, the IB will still be about 54-3 regardless....

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

BET,

I'm in agreement with you and going to go against the CW here. I think there's good reason to think the barn beats both Clemson and State, and I see only 3 sure losses on their schedule (Bama, UGA, and LSU) and they have Arkansas at home. With a little luck, which it always seems that they have some in the final two minutes of games, I could see them scrapping and clawing their way to 9-3 or 8-4. Also, I think their coaching staff knows that there backs are against the wall. If they are 7-5 or worse several of them could be in the unemployment line at the end of the year.

Last edited:

BigEasyTider

FB | REC Moderator
Nov 27, 2007

They could also very easily lose to Clemson, MSU, and Vandy.
No disagreement about that.

Auburn likely has four almost guaranteed wins (ULM, Ole Miss, New Mexico State, and Alabama A&M), four almost guaranteed losses ('Bama, LSU, UGA, and Arkansas). That puts them right around .500 with one-third of the schedule left up in the air to let the chips fall as they may.

Those four games against Clemson, MSU, Vandy, and Texas A&M could probably go either way. Auburn could win a lot of those games simply because none of those teams are particularly good, but then again it could go the other way because Auburn isn't anything special either.

Like I said before, a lot will depend on the luck of close games, and if Auburn gets that (yet again) this year, they will win most, if not all of those toss-up games. It wouldn't surprise me to see them, say, take three of the four toss-ups, beat some team like Purdue in the Outback Bowl, and end up 8-5 again. If that recedes, though, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in 6-6 territory. My point is just that I don't think the absolute bottom will fall out and you see them down around 4-8 or 5-7. Unless you're Ole Miss bad, that's just not realistic for most any team in this age.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA

Kinda torn here. I'm thinking 4-8 or 5-7, but that means cranking up the crop duster to go get Petrino. Not good. Of course they always luck up and win a couple they shouldn't. HTH did they beat Utah State and SC last year? Anyway that puts them at 6-6 or 7-5, which should keep the crop duster covered up.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

I think it depends on the 1st 2 games. How the boogs do against Clemson without their best offensive weapon will be a sort of barometer. If Clemson can score at all, I think they will win. (I am really impressed with Taj Boyd.) I just don't think the boogs will be able to score enough points to win in this game. I think the MSU game will be close as I don't think either offense is very good. Defense will win the day here. 1st team to score 24 wins. If the boogs lose both, they are done for the year. Remember they should have lost to Utah state last year barring a last second miracle.

I do think their defense will be better, but that ain't sayin much considering they were about as bad as I have ever seen last year. Their tackling was just atrocious. On offense, most teams struggle when trying to convert back to a base pro style offense from the gimmicky spread offense. They usually just do not have the type of personel to run a power system and with the loss of the RB from Memphis, they will likely struggle to run the ball consistently. Their only hope is Frazier is the 2nd coming of Cam and I think that is highly unlikely.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011

BET,

I'm in agreement with you and going to go against the CW here. I think there's good reason to think the barn beats both Clemson and State, and I see only 3 sure losses on their schedule (Bama, UGA, and LSU) and they have Arkansas at home. With a little luck, which it always seems that they have some in the final two minutes of games, I could see them scrapping and clawing their way to 9-3 or 8-4. Also, I think their coaching staff knows that there backs are against the wall. If they are 7-5 or worse several of them could be in the unemployment line at the end of the year.
It could go either way. They are pretty much assured of 4-4 with four games that could go either way. I don't see them winning all of those four games, especially with the issues they have with the new offense and defense. They could get lucky, or they could start a free fall if they struggle off the bat. We shall see, but I am leaning towards 6-6 with the Vandy game being the wild card in the mix.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

I think it depends on the 1st 2 games.
Clemson is Clemson - they could win, but somehow I feel the barners will pull that one off.

MSU's defense looks to be very good this year - the barners might have a log day against them. Considering it's in Starkville, I'm leaning towards an MSU victory right now...

Bamafaninco1

All-SEC
May 14, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO via Cullman, Al

Situation
Normal
Auburn
Still
Sucks

All I know is my barner hubby is usually crowing and going on and on this time of year about how good AU is going to be. He's grown more and more quiet as the final weeks of summer have rolled by. I almost feel sorry for him. Almost. :)
I think you should find the Old Navy commercial from a couple years ago and e-mail it to him on a weekly basis. :smile:

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

BET,

8-4 would show improvement as a team. I dont see that. With all the dissarray from the offseason, the turnover of both O and D coordinators, major issues at QB, losing their top RB...as well as several other players, I see them as a 7-5 team, at best. They were 7-5 last year because of a couple miracle finishes...and I dont think this Auburn team is as cohesive as they were last year, to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.