Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A
Re: Auburn will be a first class cluster

One guarantee: they will continue to have the best punter in the league. He will continue to get lots of practice!

(OK, CP is really a touch worse than Brad Wing of LSU, but you get the picture.)

ddsmit

Suspended
Jan 3, 2003
Pensacola, FL

Some people are saying Petrino to the barn and I disagree. I think they will look for another yes man and I don't think Petrino would fit that description.

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana

Some people are saying Petrino to the barn and I disagree. I think they will look for another yes man and I don't think Petrino would fit that description.
Agreed. I haven't considered who they might go after, but Petrino doesn't pass the smell check.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Solid analysis BET. AU has certainly had their fair share of luck lately. Last year they had to beat Utah St using an onside kick late. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but they would have been the first defending national championship team to lose a season opener if that game would have ended up a loss. In 2010 they had 5 games that they won by 3 points or less and of course we all know how badly we blew our game against them. I look at their schedule this year and I want to say 5-7 but I just think they'll find a way to win a few games they shouldn't and go 7-5, very best case 8-4.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

If not for his history with jetgate, I think he might get the job. I would not be surprised to see him in Knoxville or Lexington next year.

Unless they go 4-8 or something horrible like that, I don't see them dumping Cheez-Wiz.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa

I don't think you'll see Petrino there next year. They would have to snake him away from UT. Besides, with a NC in his pocket Chizik negotiated a contract that he gets paid regardless. He'd have to go 2-10 for them to get rid of him this year 2 years removed from a NC. The boogs would have to pay Petrino 3 to 4 million and Chizik as well who makes what 4 million now. I don't think that would sit well with the boog faithful.

It will just be about as fun watching them melt down as it is for us go for number 15.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I don't want a complete melt down...yet. Keep that staff together another year or two so whomever they hire has an even more daunting task. :)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

I don't want a complete melt down...yet. Keep that staff together another year or two so whomever they hire has an even more daunting task. :)
that's what I see happening. Just like the end of the Tubby regime, lot's of forced replacement of coordinators (already seen this) for a few more years followed by the eventual ouster of the HC. Going to be fun to watch

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

I think Petrino has to go the FCS route first. Has been a lot of bad blood between KU & Louie U, can't see them hiring a former coach. But that's just my opinion on him.

No one & I mean no one knows what API will do about or to a coach, tying to figure out what crazy people do will make you crazy.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

I think Petrino has to go the FCS route first. Has been a lot of bad blood between KU & Louie U, can't see them hiring a former coach. But that's just my opinion on him.
Have you forgotten about Rick Pitino?

Tug Tide

All-American
Aug 27, 2006
Redneck Riviera, Panama City Beach, FL

I think with Petrino's would be the ultimate "Yes Man" to get his foot back in the door there. Then he will screw it up somehow. He obviously isn"t smart enough to keep all the dirt under the rug, I believe if he is hired, that will be what brings down the house of cards.

On AU's 2012 season, I think they have used up their luck and karma (God's team) is starting to bite em in the boo-boo, the close game miracles will start to go the other way.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Mark my words. The 2012 Auburn football season is going to be a first class cluster.

I know they are somewhere just north of 70 scholarship players for 2012. I have a good sense that of that number, they will be able to count on somewhere around 65. Seven guys have been run off or quit. Another two might not make it.

Of the skill players they signed in 2012, they might get two or three on the field. Of the senior leadership they expected this season... well, I don't want to get ugly.

In 2010, I picked Auburn as my Dark Horse candidate to win the SEC, so I'm not just homering.

From what I've seen in the offseason, during spring practice and fall camp...

Coach 5-19 is back in his toothless glory.
Just the way I like it

MBA_99

1st Team
Jan 11, 2010
A, A

I agree!! Let Trooper keep bringing in thugs without the ability to pay them since the NCAA is truly watching them now. Fill the roster with another four years of third-class thugs. Then the next coach inherits that roster, which ensures quality recruits won't want to go there for years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.