Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPT4Bama

Hall of Fame
Aug 21, 2006
Hoover, AL
Re: Auburn will be a first class cluster

If I'm not mistaken, API has had 4 straight top 16 or better recruiting classes and 3 top 10 in the last 4 years. The problem has been getting them on the field or keeping them in school.

The fact that Cheeze has not yet named a starting QB says a lot. If KF cannot put any distance between himself and an injured Mosley then it's going to be a long season for the fambily.

Can't wait! :biggrin:

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

Personally..I would love too see Petrino at auburn..The man is one of the worst recruiters in the history of college football..He hates it..Auburn would have to ramp up their cheating to the next level to compensate for Petrino's lackluster recruiting..He would get auburn hammered..I have no doubts about that..

I certainly don't want to see Bob Petrino at Auburn or Tennessee. The man lacks moral fiber but can flat-out coach.

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL

I don't think you'll see Petrino there next year. They would have to snake him away from UT. Besides, with a NC in his pocket Chizik negotiated a contract that he gets paid regardless. He'd have to go 2-10 for them to get rid of him this year 2 years removed from a NC. The boogs would have to pay Petrino 3 to 4 million and Chizik as well who makes what 4 million now. I don't think that would sit well with the boog faithful.
It would take selling a lot of Yellow Wood to pay for that.

Last edited by a moderator:

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Personally..I would love too see Petrino at auburn..The man is one of the worst recruiters in the history of college football..He hates it..Auburn would have to ramp up their cheating to the next level to compensate for Petrino's lackluster recruiting..He would get auburn hammered..I have no doubts about that..
Not to mention that, as unbelievable as it might seem, their defense would probably get worse...

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN

From what I've heard of their recruiting tactics, I think he might like recruiting there.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Not necessarily.

Remember that Tubby would leave a list under the doormat and somehow they got a lot of the recruits on that list?
:rolleyes:

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011

Petrino has been called an excellent liar. This would come in handy at auburn when in front of media or NCAA and he's been told to say, "We didn't know"

Outright falsifications come in handy also when promising things to recruits, from playing time to..................

With Tubbs out and Dye back, it looks like the old regime (Yella, Milt, Lowder, Dye) are running things through Dye. Iyam Chiz ain't in charge of jacksh-- except maybe stuff like which practice shorts to wear.

Chiz isn't expected to be a coach. The coordinators are hired for that. His job is to excecute the wishes of those who tell Pat Dye what to do...me thinks.

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011

Not necessarily.

Remember that Tubby would leave a list under the doormat and somehow they got a lot of the recruits on that list?
:rolleyes:
Tubbs wanted his cake and eat it to. He left lists of players yet he wanted to stay above what it took to get them to Lee County. He took all the things the Lowder had to offer but wouldn;t play along and let Dye have an office. Contrasting Tubbs with Chiz, Chiz is "all-in", he's with the program, not causing any problems for Dye, and carrying out the orders from above.

bama0610

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 6, 2006

Another national media writer (Matt Hayes) spells out the downfall of the program

LINK

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta

Another national media writer (Matt Hayes) spells out the downfall of the program

LINK
Interesting enough, but I prefer to have more in depth analysis (e.g. talking about the linebackers and defensive backs or the lack of any quality talent on offense). Thanks for posting though.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

LINK
From the article...

On Thursday, Chizik announced Kiehl Frazier as the starting quarterback. It was no real surprise, considering Clint Moseley had a sore shoulder throughout camp. When asked before making the decision if he hadn’t chosen a starter because he has two good options or none, Chizik said, “I think it’s somewhere in the middle.”
Sure, Gene.

MasterGracey

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 24, 2011
Am I only one that wants AU to do just good enough so that cheezit stays? I don't want him to leave! Take away $cam and he has achieved nothing... Why risk improvement?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Re: Auburn will be a first class wreck

Am I only one that wants AU to do just good enough so that cheezit stays? I don't want him to leave! Take away $cam and he has achieved nothing... Why risk improvement?
Becuase his cheating staff hurts us, and is out to hurt us. Ask Brent Calloway's family why we dont want that staff in Auburn.

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta

I'm right there with you, but all they have to do is pick up the local paper and see how we did before they get restless and want some better results. His 5-19 record at Iowa State was no fluke; it was a direct result of the type of coach he is and the talent he was able to get and coach.

kayakerjess

All-American
Sep 9, 2005
Colorado

Becuase his cheating staff hurts us, and is out to hurt us. Ask Brent Calloway's family why we dont want that staff in Auburn.
Good point. I was firmly in the camp of keeping him around for a long time, but this makes me think twice.

Man, I really hope that the facts about what went down in AU with Brent and Cyrus come out one day.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL

I'm right there with you, but all they have to do is pick up the local paper and see how we did before they get restless and want some better results. His 5-19 record at Iowa State was no fluke; it was a direct result of the type of coach he is and the talent he was able to get and coach.
Exactly, he is 21-29 without Scam. I love how they think he's one of the best coaches in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.