Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: Auburn will be a first class wreck

I don't think the PTB think he is, and that's what counts. I believe they're disappointed with their puppet...
I agree with that. I should have clarified by saying "their fans". The PTB at the Barn must be in full meltdown knowing that A) the entire country knows their title is tainted and B) it was sandwiched between 2 titles for Bama. That's got to be a serious slap in the face for them. Oh well, that's what they get.

BamaMan09

All-SEC
Feb 26, 2009

Gus Malzahn was the defacto head coach when he was at Auburn. His offense won the championship two years ago. He called plays for Cam Newton and the rest in history. At times on the sidelines Malzahn looked to be more in control than Chizik did. Granted Chizik got credit for hiring him (it was actually Pat Dye) but it was Malzahn's offense that helped them win. Not Chizik's defense. Malzahn will get a big gig soon once he has a good season at Arkansas State. Chizik is supposed to be a defensive whiz but his defenses have been very questionable since he took over there. We'll see how the offense does with a new coordinator. Van Gorder was a good hire for their defense but let's be honest: Auburn dosen't have the same caliber of athletes that Georgia had when he was coaching there. They'll improve but it's not going to be a huge increase like people think.

Last edited:

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011

Gus Malzahn was the defacto head coach when he was at Auburn. His offense won the championship two years ago. He called plays for Cam Newton and the rest in history. At times on the sidelines Malzahn looked to be more in control than Chizik did. Granted Chizik got credit for hiring him (it was actually Pat Dye) but it was Malzahn's offense that helped them win. Not Chizik's defense. Malzahn will get a big gig soon once he has a good season at Arkansas State. Chizik is supposed to be a defensive whiz but his defenses have been very questionable since he took over there. We'll see how the offense does with a new coordinator. Van Gorder was a good hire for their defense but let's be honest: Auburn dosen't have the same caliber of athletes that Georgia had when he was coaching there. They'll improve but it's not going to be a huge increase like people think.
Back before Chiz came to Auburn as DC, he studied the Tampa Bay Bucks defense. There were no/few colleges at the time using that scheme. He brought that scheme to AU and it worked until it was no longer new to college football. That is the Chiz claim to fame. And it worked for him by getting him more and more responsible positions and pay.

Chiz is the epitome of the Peter Principle and to my knowing, has done nothing since he copied that pro defense.

I contend a true offensive genious would have had better results for Auburn than they had in 2011 (post-Cam)

Malz went to Arky State which is LOADED with talent. And I believe he had planned to take M Dyer with him all along but Dyer screwed that pooch. Cam could make me look like Knute Rockne so the jury is still out on Malz...especially if at his new gig he has to ease up using street agents like his Arky ol' bud Walt. He was smart enough to go to a place already loaded with experienced players, that way he doesn't have to rebuild and can use that job to springboard to somewhere that can win FBS games like maybe Tennessee, Notre Dame or even Texas if they don't get back up around 10 wins.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

Somehow our two titles are even sweeter with them being a part of the bologna sandwich in 2010. Knowing the Barn's title was overshadowed by ours is much better than if Oregon had won that year.

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011

Somehow our two titles are even sweeter with them being a part of the bologna sandwich in 2010. Knowing the Barn's title was overshadowed by ours is much better than if Oregon had won that year.
See the point but can't make muhself go that far

MasterGracey

BamaNation Citizen
Jul 24, 2011
Becuase his cheating staff hurts us, and is out to hurt us. Ask Brent Calloway's family why we dont want that staff in Auburn.
Those problems are the result of AU system, not cheezit. Gene is a yes man; they can find another one to do the same tasks, but they might be better coaches.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al

Those problems are the result of AU system, not cheezit. Gene is a yes man; they can find another one to do the same tasks, but they might be better coaches.
true but taylor and looper are the ones sending the texts. I for one would like to see them on the bread line for a while, figuratively speaking.

UA All the Way

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2005
Las Vegas

Auburn just announced their starting O-Line and it should seriously worry Auburn fans. Their line now has a center who has played a grand total of 1 game and 2 tackles who have never played a game. One tackle is a true freshman. I'm now pretty sure Clemson rolls Auburn Saturday.

That line is going to really show their lack of experience when they come up against some SEC D-Lines.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012

I was uncomfortable with the title of this thread... Class and auburn were used in the same sentence. Seriously though, the fire just keeps getting hotter on the plains. They are in for a loooong season,IMO.

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL

SIAP - I was thinking the OP phrased it a little wrong, it should be Aubrun IS a first class wreck.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

:biga2:You are correct when you say Gene is a yes man. Please justify firing (yes tubbs you were fired) a coach who had won 6 straight aganist us at one time and replacing him with a 5-19 coach? It can not be done. I know chiz was at the helm for a bought and paid for title, but he is 16-10 w/o $cam Knewton and 9 of those were non conference cupcakes. I have only heard of 1 school that had an office set up for a former coach who had been "fired" from that school. That my friends was PN St. (I am not comparing the goings on at PSU to au) Pat Dye still has an office in the complex that is ran by Jay Jacobs (former player) and chizik 5-19 hire. Who do you think runs that place? I think they know ole' pat knows way too much and he will remain in control until he is physically unable to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.