Page 69 of 70 FirstFirst ... 1959626364656667686970 LastLast

Re: Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Something I just realized about that tweet. It says "AU personnel." Does that mean AD/boosters/BoT members like many would think? Or does it mean football coaches looking for advice? Petrino was OC for a year when Chiz was DC.
    I heard the call that triggered this tweet. The guy says he's a valet at the hotel (gave the name but I forgot it). The caller said two black SUVs with Auburn tags arrived with two well dressed men. He didn't know their names (remembered how one sounded) but they weren't people he recognized. He said Jay Jacobs was not one of them.

According to the valet, they met Bobby Petrino in the lobby and proceeded to a room. The caller says he didn't recognize Petrino but another valet did.

It was a caller to a sports radio show, so take it for what it is worth, but the guy sounded legit. He wasn't thumping his chest and was very clear that he didn't know the folks in the SUVs and someone else had to tell him the person they met was Petrino.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    If Allbarn thought they couldn't Bama before, hire Petrino, who couldn't do it with those high flying offenses at Arky, they won't beat him now. It's going to take two years to install that kind of offfense. Then another two to win with it. CNS has already crossed that bridge. They need something newer than rough rider.

Pun intended...
    ROLL TIDE!

Rich Rod is 5 - 4 at Arizona, but this is his first year there. He's 124-87-2 career as HC. Not to scarey

I still say Tressel would be the best fit, followed by Petrino. You know...fit the culture of street agents and such

Aubarn has got so bad that Chizik is starting to "Boo" his own team from the sideline...

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Nice teeth!

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Highway59 View Post
    The airport heckler strikes again?......

Love it!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame exiledNms's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    Offered without comment.

Guy up beside the fence: "Dude...what'd you give me to drink last night? I just woke up, & it appears I'm at a high-school football game in J-H stadium. No idea how I got here..."
    exiled

-------------------------
    "Let's see when we get a full body of work at the end of the season. If you get satisfied and you fall in love with yourself, you get complacent and lose your desire."
    Nick Saban

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaJama17's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Auburn could try to hire Pete Carroll. Just throwing that out there. Insert LOL!!!

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I'd say whether Auburn hires Petrino or someone else; that they are already in negations...
    and trying to 'Keep it down home,Cuz'...
    When Auburn changed QB last week it kind of signaled to me that they intend to go another direction.
    Meaning a pass oriented head coach, who doesn't run a Pro Set... Sounds like BP to me.

What makes the valet's story hard to believe is:

Why would Petrino be hanging out in the lobby waiting on two suvs with aubie plates??? Yeah that is really going under cover!

I watch enough spy shows to know that he'd surely check in under an alias and then the "auburn personel" would just go straight to his room. Then if they don't like what he says they kill him and leave...lol

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post

Why would Petrino be hanging out in the lobby waiting on two suvs with aubie plates??? Yeah that is really going under cover!

I watch enough spy shows to know that he'd surely check in under an alias and then the "auburn personel" would just go straight to his room. Then if they don't like what he says they kill him and leave...lol
    I'll bet a check of the guest register would show 'Aubie' in one of their rooms...
    They like to be cute.

If they did hire Aubie Petrino, he's start by running off Looper & Trooper... I'd agree with that move.
    Besides...
    It's a short Harley ride to the beach babes from Auburn.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post

Scarbo's co-host was on the topic this morning emphatically stating that he was completely certain that (a) Petrino was in the hotel that weekend and (b) he wasn't attending UAB practices to visit with his old pal. He also said he could not confirm the valet's story about the Auburn connection.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by efd840 View Post
    Scarbo's co-host was on the topic this morning emphatically stating that he was completely certain that (a) Petrino was in the hotel that weekend and (b) he wasn't attending UAB practices to visit with his old pal. He also said he could not confirm the valet's story about the Auburn connection.
    I was told by an Aub friend shortly after posting the tweet the story posted about the valet telling it. My friend also said their mods have denied it. The more I think about it, I wonder about the wording. They don't say "a caller claims..." or "rumor is..." They say it as fact. Makes me believe they knew about something prior to the caller.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!