Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141757 ... LastLast
    Recipes
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by GulfCoastTider View Post
    Mark my words. The 2012 Auburn football season is going to be a first class cluster.

I know they are somewhere just north of 70 scholarship players for 2012. I have a good sense that of that number, they will be able to count on somewhere around 65. Seven guys have been run off or quit. Another two might not make it.

Of the skill players they signed in 2012, they might get two or three on the field. Of the senior leadership they expected this season... well, I don't want to get ugly.

In 2010, I picked Auburn as my Dark Horse candidate to win the SEC, so I'm not just homering.

From what I've seen in the offseason, during spring practice and fall camp...

Coach 5-19 is back in his toothless glory.
    Just the way I like it
    "I didn't come to Alabama to win 10 games a year and be a contender. I came here to win championships. Conference championships and national championships. I love it here because that's just not what I want, but what this fanbase expects."
    --Alabama Head Football Coach, Nick Saban

“Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on it’s ability to climb a tree, it will spend it’s whole life believing it is stupid.” — Albert Einstein

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Auburn will be a first class cluster

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFlum View Post
    I don't want a complete melt down...yet. Keep that staff together another year or two so whomever they hire has an even more daunting task.
    I agree!! Let Trooper keep bringing in thugs without the ability to pay them since the NCAA is truly watching them now. Fill the roster with another four years of third-class thugs. Then the next coach inherits that roster, which ensures quality recruits won't want to go there for years.

BamaNation All-American sanjosecrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by graydogg85 View Post
    I certainly don't want to see Bob Petrino at Auburn or Tennessee. The man lacks moral fiber but can flat-out coach.
    NOT against a Saban Defense he can't.

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    [QUOTE=Florida Tom;1943329]I wish I knew how they seem to be doing good in recruiting this year? All part of the fambily!

BamaNation Hall of Fame JPT4Bama's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, API has had 4 straight top 16 or better recruiting classes and 3 top 10 in the last 4 years. The problem has been getting them on the field or keeping them in school.

The fact that Cheeze has not yet named a starting QB says a lot. If KF cannot put any distance between himself and an injured Mosley then it's going to be a long season for the fambily.

Can't wait!
    Ask me about my vow of silence.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    He NAMED Frazier as QB yesterday. Whether he's a QB remains to be seen.
    ROLL TIDE!

[QUOTE=Blindside13;1944069]
    Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    I wish I knew how they seem to be doing good in recruiting this year? All part of the fambily!

It'$ not a my$tery, really.............

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Personally..I would love too see Petrino at auburn..The man is one of the worst recruiters in the history of college football..He hates it..Auburn would have to ramp up their cheating to the next level to compensate for Petrino's lackluster recruiting..He would get auburn hammered..I have no doubts about that..

Quote Originally Posted by graydogg85 View Post
    I certainly don't want to see Bob Petrino at Auburn or Tennessee. The man lacks moral fiber but can flat-out coach.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I don't think you'll see Petrino there next year. They would have to snake him away from UT. Besides, with a NC in his pocket Chizik negotiated a contract that he gets paid regardless. He'd have to go 2-10 for them to get rid of him this year 2 years removed from a NC. The boogs would have to pay Petrino 3 to 4 million and Chizik as well who makes what 4 million now. I don't think that would sit well with the boog faithful.
    It would take selling a lot of Yellow Wood to pay for that.
    Last edited by crimsonaudio; August 24th, 2012 at 09:01 AM. Reason: formatting

Quote Originally Posted by TideMan09 View Post
    Personally..I would love too see Petrino at auburn..The man is one of the worst recruiters in the history of college football..He hates it..Auburn would have to ramp up their cheating to the next level to compensate for Petrino's lackluster recruiting..He would get auburn hammered..I have no doubts about that..
    Not to mention that, as unbelievable as it might seem, their defense would probably get worse...
    DISCLAIMER: I hereby reserve the right to discuss any game on the Alabama schedule I wish, at any time during the season, as I am not a part of the Crimson Tide football program. I am simply a fan who has no impact outside of the money I provide the athletic department via ticket and memorabilia purchases and the energy I can provide when I attend the games. ©2009-2014, crimsonaudio

Lurch Backwater!

BamaNation All-American mikes12's Avatar

From what I've heard of their recruiting tactics, I think he might like recruiting there.

Not necessarily.

Remember that Tubby would leave a list under the doormat and somehow they got a lot of the recruits on that list?

Petrino has been called an excellent liar. This would come in handy at auburn when in front of media or NCAA and he's been told to say, "We didn't know"

Outright falsifications come in handy also when promising things to recruits, from playing time to..................

With Tubbs out and Dye back, it looks like the old regime (Yella, Milt, Lowder, Dye) are running things through Dye. Iyam Chiz ain't in charge of jacksh-- except maybe stuff like which practice shorts to wear.

Chiz isn't expected to be a coach. The coordinators are hired for that. His job is to excecute the wishes of those who tell Pat Dye what to do...me thinks.