Status
Not open for further replies.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Auburn will be a first class wreck

Saw this on Facebook earlier today...

Looking forward to lighting up a stogie Saturday night after a strong W over the Clemson kittens
Replies are as follows....

a strong win?
yes. That is what "W" typically stands for in football discussions. : )
I was emphasizing the 'strong' part. you sure about that?
Pretty sure. We're at our best when no one thinks anything of us. Anyone who judges this team based on last year is foolish.
You got that right, [name removed]!!
Why is someone foolish from judging the team based on last year? Players equipped for one style of offense will be playing a different one. Same goes for the defense. And let's not forget the lack of the star running back and starting center.
Because we return something like 18 starters. The players are all raving about how much more comfortable they are in Loeffler's offense, difference in WR schemes allow them more wiggle room to make plays, and defensively, there is a world of difference as well. If no staff changes were made after last season, then yes its probably accurate to expect little improvement, but the changes have all been for the better and the team is hungry.

Not to mention the fact that when last we saw the kittens, WVU dropped 70 on them. Whereas, when last we saw AU, we won our bowl game going away under difficult circumstances.
20 returning starters, [name removed], if you include the kickers (which is a much bigger deal than the average fan understands). And [name removed], if you want to know how foolish it is, be sure to watch on Saturday. ;)
I can't watch Saturday. I'll be busy watching the game of the week, which is in Arlington. RTR
Good! That way, you can keep pretending that Auburn isn't going to be any better! Of course, you're far more likely to see an SEC team lose if you're watching that game, but hey, whatever floats your boat dude. WDE
Poor Aubs...

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012

Sad.. sounds like denial. It's even sadder if the barner actually believes everything they said..

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO

Oh the ribbing that guy (AU fan) is going to get if Clemson curbs stomps AU. Wouldn't be surprised if he just goes ahead and cancels his facebook. :D

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Oh the ribbing that guy (AU fan) is going to get if Clemson curbs stomps AU. Wouldn't be surprised if he just goes ahead and cancels his facebook. :D
I guess I could comment and remind him that Clemson has a new defense since they gave up 70 points. Of course, it probably doesn't make a great deal of difference; just go with his line of thinking about Auburn's new defense and offense.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.

His excuse will be....
"We are a young team that just didn't show up for this one."

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

Auburn just announced their starting O-Line and it should seriously worry Auburn fans. Their line now has a center who has played a grand total of 1 game and 2 tackles who have never played a game. One tackle is a true freshman. I'm now pretty sure Clemson rolls Auburn Saturday.

That line is going to really show their lack of experience when they come up against some SEC D-Lines.
And they have a new, inexperienced starting QB.

And their best RB is gone, too.

Hahahahahahahaha

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.

Auburn just announced their starting O-Line and it should seriously worry Auburn fans. Their line now has a center who has played a grand total of 1 game and 2 tackles who have never played a game. One tackle is a true freshman. I'm now pretty sure Clemson rolls Auburn Saturday.

That line is going to really show their lack of experience when they come up against some SEC D-Lines.
They might want to hold off on making depth charts this early in the week before the first game. There's still plenty of time for more *U players to get arrested and suspended!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

They might want to hold off on making depth charts this early in the week before the first game. There's still plenty of time for more *U players to get arrested and suspended!
Chizik makes his depth chart changes while he pulls out of the Lee County detention center parking lot.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I originally posted this in the Scab article thread, but it fits here better. BTW, I'm not the originator. Another member on another board posted it and he knows I'm reposting it...

New offensive coordinator, considered a downgrade from Gus Malzahn.

You're going to transition from a popcorn, backyard offense into a power-run offense.

You lost 3 offensive linemen.

You lost the 4th, at least for a little while, after yet another mugshot episode.

Your new, 1st-year starting QB has attempted all of 12 passes and completed 2 of them...to the other team.

You lost your best RB.

You other returning RB is the fastest player in the SEC...at running out of bounds.

You return the bulk of your defense...one of the worst-producing assembly of "talent" in your "storied" history.

You have a new defensive coordinator...considered a step up from Ted Roof, but a new system your idiot, lawless players have to learn.

You have to play Clemson, LSU, Arkansas, Georgia, and Alabama. All of them have better talent and more depth than you.

You also have to play Mississippi State who has given you a very hard time over the years.

You also have to play Texas A&M who has about the same talent you do, but 95% less criminal record.

And you think you're going to win more than six games?

Good luck and happy pickin', boogs...

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.

Pat Dye on Finebaum a few minutes ago:

"I don't think Clemson is a top 10 team... we're still young and I think we're a year away."

"Our prorgam w/ what Chizik is teaching is the best I've ever been around. He's running the program the way it needs to be."

pffffft

Last edited:

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012

"Our prorgam w/ what Chizik is teaching is the best I've ever been around. He's running the program the way it needs to be."

pffffft
So what he's saying is Chizik plays the puppet role very well?

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed

"I don't think Clemson is a top 10 team... we're still young and I think we're a year away."

pffffft
Ummm-hmm. It's good to see "The Family" is getting their excuses in order just in case they suck or will suck.

BamaJeff

Hall of Fame
Oct 12, 1999
Dothan, AL.

Here's more Dye:
Regarding suspensions - "We've had our share of problems, for whatever reason- has to do with us recruiting questionable persons."

LOL...and they are being recruited by questionable persons!

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012

Here's more Dye:
Regarding suspensions - "We've had our share of problems, for whatever reason- has to do with us recruiting questionable persons."

LOL...and they are being recruited by questionable persons!
Well, I think you may be on to something! :rofl:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I heard part of Dye's interview. In one breathe, he says Chizik is running the program the right way. In the next, he says they are recruiting questionable players. Which one is it? Not sure how Chiz can correctly run the program while recruiting questionable character players.

I heard part of Dye's interview. In one breathe, he says Chizik is running the program the right way. In the next, he says they are recruiting questionable players. Which one is it? Not sure how Chiz can correctly run the program while recruiting questionable character players.
That's the part nobody gets. They are delusional at best. The more I learn about their football team for 2012 the less I see them having a good football team,

or basketball for that matter.

That's a whole other story....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.