Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20606364656667686970
    BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

I call BS on the meeting in Birmingham.

1) Why meet in Birmingham when he would recognized rather quickly.
    2) Why would the aubie reps bring attention to themselves by driving cars that gives it away who that are with.
    3) With teleconferencing so easy why the need to meet face to face as to give it away?

I hope they do hire him so it would prove their almighty creed is a joke like we know it is. He isn't a great recruiter and with his past history does anyone see it getting any better. Plus CNS has beat him like a red-headed stepchild almost every time they have met.

Come on aubie HIRE HIM, we dare you.

2. Advertisement
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Surely the Auburn "family" wouldn't hire Bobby "Adulterer" Petrino, or would they...this AU after all. One would think Petrino would have a hard time convincing the parents of a top recruit, especially the mother, that they should send their son to Auburn.
    If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games for you. - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by bamadp View Post
    Surely the Auburn "family" wouldn't hire Bobby "Adulterer" Petrino, or would they...this AU after all. One would think Petrino would have a hard time convincing the parents of a top recruit, especially the mother, that they should send their son to Auburn.
    Then it will be same ole Auburn... No parents on recruiting trips.

BamaNation First Team Alajambama's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I can see them hiring Petrino because this country loves a second chance story. A litte Tiger Woods type rehab and he could start going to Church. ESPN would be all over the great comeback. Then he could sit in a kid's living room and tell the mama how he knows what kinds of temptations there are on a college campus and he will personally see to it that mama's baby will not fall into the same traps that he himself has fell in. But I will go a little further and say the one thing we love more than a comeback is a comeback failure which I think would happen in about the 3rd season.
    The best thing to ever come out of Tennessee...I-65 heading south.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideFan in AU's Avatar
    Almost close enough to the pasture to smell it!
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

You must not know that the Almighty aubren Fambly has the celestial power to wash all of Bobby P's sins and transgressions away and make his soul as clean as lily white snow. Bobby will in turn be able to recruit at the highest level because the players and parents of "True aubren Men" will see Bobby for the gleaming beacon of redemption that he has become due to their blessed forgiveness. Some of them feel that it is their duty, according to the Creed, to forgive Bobby and give him the much deserved second chance (I am truly DEAD SERIOUS about this part, BTW).

For some reason though, it only became their duty to forgive him AFTER they started losing and he became their favorite target to replace the Cheez. I guess you could say they practice Selective Salvation over here on the plains.
    “And the roses in this grand ol’ stadium are once again Crimson!” - Eli Gold, Jan 7th, 2010

Alabama wasn’t just dominating Monday night. They were some word that has yet to be invented in the English language. - Aaron Torres, Jan 10th, 2012

"If this was a prize fight, they'd call it off!" - Brent Musberger, Jan 7th, 2013

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Chizik announced Auburn hired a security firm to make sure players meet curfew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    Coach Bryant

Rasuputin's response to my question "What benefit do tablets provide students?"
    (In an old southern trailer park redneck beer in hand marlboro light in other and camoflauge cutoff shorts man's voice) If a tablet was good enough for Moses and the 10 Commandments then by god they are good enough for my children in school today!!!!!!!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The Barn has a good swimming program. Maybe if they hire Petrino, they can also bring in his girlfriend's fiance to work with the swim team.

I read somewhere they are still together. Anyone know?

My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Chizik announced Auburn hired a security firm to make sure players meet curfew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
    On top of the prison campus news Cole Cubelic (former boog) tweeted a few minutes ago:

"Spoke to an SEC asst coach tonight, said multiple recruits he is after have told him they haven't heard from Auburn in 2-3 weeks."

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/stat...80595863617537

BamaNation First Team
    My Mood
    Lonely on TideFans.com

I have read numerous times that the coach who succeeded Petrino at Louisville inherited extensive disciplinary problems ( I think it was Kragthorpe). So... If it's Petrino he should get along real well with that bunch.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Displaced Bama Fan's Avatar

But Auburn is a Christian school. They don't take recruits to strip clubs or anything. DOH!

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Bama Fan View Post
    But Auburn is a Christian school. They don't take recruits to strip clubs or anything. DOH!
    Who needs strip clubs?

BamaNation First Team Highway59's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by BamaJama17 View Post
    Auburn could try to hire Pete Carroll. Just throwing that out there. Insert LOL!!!
    OK....

I work with enough Auburn fans to start my own penal colony (and I'm their IT guy ... kinda like their warden).
    Word around campfire is this: "No way we hire Petrino. We don't do that kind of thing at Auburn."
    That's a pretty good indication they're headed that way.

And yeah, they'll spin their creed into a rehab-forgiveness story.
    Doesn't matter.
    Every defense that could fog a mirror beat Petrino's Ark teams.