Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alajambama

2nd Team
Jul 25, 2012
Fyffe, AL
I can see them hiring Petrino because this country loves a second chance story. A litte Tiger Woods type rehab and he could start going to Church. ESPN would be all over the great comeback. Then he could sit in a kid's living room and tell the mama how he knows what kinds of temptations there are on a college campus and he will personally see to it that mama's baby will not fall into the same traps that he himself has fell in. But I will go a little further and say the one thing we love more than a comeback is a comeback failure which I think would happen in about the 3rd season.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Surely the Auburn "family" wouldn't hire Bobby "Adulterer" Petrino, or would they...this AU after all. One would think Petrino would have a hard time convincing the parents of a top recruit, especially the mother, that they should send their son to Auburn.
You must not know that the Almighty aubren Fambly has the celestial power to wash all of Bobby P's sins and transgressions away and make his soul as clean as lily white snow. Bobby will in turn be able to recruit at the highest level because the players and parents of "True aubren Men" will see Bobby for the gleaming beacon of redemption that he has become due to their blessed forgiveness. Some of them feel that it is their duty, according to the Creed, to forgive Bobby and give him the much deserved second chance (I am truly DEAD SERIOUS about this part, BTW).

For some reason though, it only became their duty to forgive him AFTER they started losing and he became their favorite target to replace the Cheez. I guess you could say they practice Selective Salvation over here on the plains.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Chizik announced Auburn hired a security firm to make sure players meet curfew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
The Barn has a good swimming program. Maybe if they hire Petrino, they can also bring in his girlfriend's fiance to work with the swim team.

I read somewhere they are still together. Anyone know?

BSBHVR2

3rd Team
May 13, 2011
Alabama
Chizik announced Auburn hired a security firm to make sure players meet curfew.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so my post may not be what I typed thanks to auto correct. Also, I may need an emoticon but cannot use one in this post.
On top of the prison campus news Cole Cubelic (former boog) tweeted a few minutes ago:

"Spoke to an SEC asst coach tonight, said multiple recruits he is after have told him they haven't heard from Auburn in 2-3 weeks."

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/266380595863617537

ih8au

3rd Team
Oct 13, 1999
Texas City, Tx
stephenshomerehab.com
I have read numerous times that the coach who succeeded Petrino at Louisville inherited extensive disciplinary problems ( I think it was Kragthorpe). So... If it's Petrino he should get along real well with that bunch.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Surely the Auburn "family" wouldn't hire Bobby "Adulterer" Petrino, or would they...this AU after all. One would think Petrino would have a hard time convincing the parents of a top recruit, especially the mother, that they should send their son to Auburn.
But Auburn is a Christian school. They don't take recruits to strip clubs or anything. DOH!

Bruce014

1st Team
Aug 29, 2012
Alabama
I work with enough Auburn fans to start my own penal colony (and I'm their IT guy ... kinda like their warden).
Word around campfire is this: "No way we hire Petrino. We don't do that kind of thing at Auburn."
That's a pretty good indication they're headed that way.

And yeah, they'll spin their creed into a rehab-forgiveness story.
Doesn't matter.
Every defense that could fog a mirror beat Petrino's Ark teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.