Page 8 of 70 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151858 ... LastLast

Re: Auburn will be a first class cluster

Quote Originally Posted by NoNC4Tubs View Post
    Not necessarily.

Remember that Tubby would leave a list under the doormat and somehow they got a lot of the recruits on that list?
    Tubbs wanted his cake and eat it to. He left lists of players yet he wanted to stay above what it took to get them to Lee County. He took all the things the Lowder had to offer but wouldn;t play along and let Dye have an office. Contrasting Tubbs with Chiz, Chiz is "all-in", he's with the program, not causing any problems for Dye, and carrying out the orders from above.

2. Advertisement

Another national media writer (Matt Hayes) spells out the downfall of the program

LINK

Quote Originally Posted by bama0610 View Post
    Another national media writer (Matt Hayes) spells out the downfall of the program

LINK
    Interesting enough, but I prefer to have more in depth analysis (e.g. talking about the linebackers and defensive backs or the lack of any quality talent on offense). Thanks for posting though.
    It's not rocket surgery!

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by bama0610 View Post

LINK
    From the article...

On Thursday, Chizik announced Kiehl Frazier as the starting quarterback. It was no real surprise, considering Clint Moseley had a sore shoulder throughout camp. When asked before making the decision if he hadnt chosen a starter because he has two good options or none, Chizik said, I think its somewhere in the middle.
    Sure, Gene.

Am I only one that wants AU to do just good enough so that cheezit stays? I don't want him to leave! Take away $cam and he has achieved nothing... Why risk improvement?

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Re: Auburn will be a first class wreck

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Am I only one that wants AU to do just good enough so that cheezit stays? I don't want him to leave! Take away $cam and he has achieved nothing... Why risk improvement?
    Becuase his cheating staff hurts us, and is out to hurt us. Ask Brent Calloway's family why we dont want that staff in Auburn.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    I'm right there with you, but all they have to do is pick up the local paper and see how we did before they get restless and want some better results. His 5-19 record at Iowa State was no fluke; it was a direct result of the type of coach he is and the talent he was able to get and coach.
    It's not rocket surgery!

My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Becuase his cheating staff hurts us, and is out to hurt us. Ask Brent Calloway's family why we dont want that staff in Auburn.
    Good point. I was firmly in the camp of keeping him around for a long time, but this makes me think twice.

Man, I really hope that the facts about what went down in AU with Brent and Cyrus come out one day.

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBeta View Post
    I'm right there with you, but all they have to do is pick up the local paper and see how we did before they get restless and want some better results. His 5-19 record at Iowa State was no fluke; it was a direct result of the type of coach he is and the talent he was able to get and coach.
    Exactly, he is 21-29 without Scam. I love how they think he's one of the best coaches in the country.

Quote Originally Posted by colbysullivan View Post
    Exactly, he is 21-29 without Scam. I love how they think he's one of the best coaches in the country.
    I don't think the PTB think he is, and that's what counts. I believe they're disappointed with their puppet...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I don't think the PTB think he is, and that's what counts. I believe they're disappointed with their puppet...
    I agree with that. I should have clarified by saying "their fans". The PTB at the Barn must be in full meltdown knowing that A) the entire country knows their title is tainted and B) it was sandwiched between 2 titles for Bama. That's got to be a serious slap in the face for them. Oh well, that's what they get.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Or better yet, ask CK's parents!

Gus Malzahn was the defacto head coach when he was at Auburn. His offense won the championship two years ago. He called plays for Cam Newton and the rest in history. At times on the sidelines Malzahn looked to be more in control than Chizik did. Granted Chizik got credit for hiring him (it was actually Pat Dye) but it was Malzahn's offense that helped them win. Not Chizik's defense. Malzahn will get a big gig soon once he has a good season at Arkansas State. Chizik is supposed to be a defensive whiz but his defenses have been very questionable since he took over there. We'll see how the offense does with a new coordinator. Van Gorder was a good hire for their defense but let's be honest: Auburn dosen't have the same caliber of athletes that Georgia had when he was coaching there. They'll improve but it's not going to be a huge increase like people think.
    Last edited by BamaMan09; August 24th, 2012 at 12:28 PM.