Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
Re: Auburn will be a first class wreck

I heard part of Dye's interview. In one breathe, he says Chizik is running the program the right way. In the next, he says they are recruiting questionable players. Which one is it? Not sure how Chiz can correctly run the program while recruiting questionable character players.
It's the way he has always talked, you gotta be a nut to understand it, API people do.

pigsinspace

1st Team
Jan 26, 2011

I originally posted this in the Scab article thread, but it fits here better. BTW, I'm not the originator. Another member on another board posted it and he knows I'm reposting it...

New offensive coordinator, considered a downgrade from Gus Malzahn.

You're going to transition from a popcorn, backyard offense into a power-run offense.

You lost 3 offensive linemen.

You lost the 4th, at least for a little while, after yet another mugshot episode.

Your new, 1st-year starting QB has attempted all of 12 passes and completed 2 of them...to the other team.

You lost your best RB.

You other returning RB is the fastest player in the SEC...at running out of bounds.

You return the bulk of your defense...one of the worst-producing assembly of "talent" in your "storied" history.

You have a new defensive coordinator...considered a step up from Ted Roof, but a new system your idiot, lawless players have to learn.

You have to play Clemson, LSU, Arkansas, Georgia, and Alabama. All of them have better talent and more depth than you.

You also have to play Mississippi State who has given you a very hard time over the years.

You also have to play Texas A&M who has about the same talent you do, but 95% less criminal record.

And you think you're going to win more than six games?

Good luck and happy pickin', boogs...
If they keep having problems, they could end up dropping one or more of those four games they are supposed to win. I am hoping it is the Alabama A&M game.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008

I clearly remember 1998 starting off this way for the barn as well. That season resulted in the firing of Terry Bowden mid way through the season and a final record of 3-8. Should things get late-1990's bad for *U this year, they won't have the option of handing mccheese his walking papers (like they did with Bowden) because they would be firing a coach 2 years removed from a national title. The plainsmen have really painted themselves into a corner on this one. I love it!! :biggrin:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I clearly remember 1998 starting off this way for the barn as well. That season resulted in the firing of Terry Bowden mid way through the season and a final record of 3-8. Should things get late-1990's bad for *U this year, they won't have the option of handing mccheese his walking papers (like they did with Bowden) because they would be firing a coach 2 years removed from a national title. The plainsmen have really painted themselves into a corner on this one. I love it!! :biggrin:
I've heard Auburn fans admit they won that national title because of one player. People realize it wasn't won because of coaching, but rather Cameron Newton. If this season turns out to be really bad (ala 5-7 or worse), I can easily see Chizik getting the boot.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham

I heard part of Dye's interview. In one breathe, he says Chizik is running the program the right way. In the next, he says they are recruiting questionable players. Which one is it? Not sure how Chiz can correctly run the program while recruiting questionable character players.

What do you expect from a drunkard who lost his pants/wallet in a lake and doesn't remember it..... :BigA:

Leeroy

All-SEC
Dec 27, 2005

I originally posted this in the Scab article thread, but it fits here better. BTW, I'm not the originator. Another member on another board posted it and he knows I'm reposting it...

New offensive coordinator, considered a downgrade from Gus Malzahn.

You're going to transition from a popcorn, backyard offense into a power-run offense.

You lost 3 offensive linemen.

You lost the 4th, at least for a little while, after yet another mugshot episode.

Your new, 1st-year starting QB has attempted all of 12 passes and completed 2 of them...to the other team.

You lost your best RB.

You other returning RB is the fastest player in the SEC...at running out of bounds.

You return the bulk of your defense...one of the worst-producing assembly of "talent" in your "storied" history.

You have a new defensive coordinator...considered a step up from Ted Roof, but a new system your idiot, lawless players have to learn.

You have to play Clemson, LSU, Arkansas, Georgia, and Alabama. All of them have better talent and more depth than you.

You also have to play Mississippi State who has given you a very hard time over the years.

You also have to play Texas A&M who has about the same talent you do, but 95% less criminal record.

And you think you're going to win more than six games?

Good luck and happy pickin', boogs...

Roll Tide

RT3413

All-American
Sep 14, 2004
Atlanta, GA

Nope... he said it right... recruiting questionable players is the "right way" on the Plains.... just look at their history. Saban (much like Bryant before) has forced Auburn into mainly picking the leftovers from Alabama and/or entering questionable deals to get key players. I'm not saying every player there was bought or was questionable, but by and large Alabama has won the recruiting battles over the past 4 years and is poised to continue to win those going forward.

The only way to overcome a lack of talent is with superior coaching... and that's not present currently at Auburn either.

Personally, I think they're set for a 8-5 year (Clemson, Miss St, La Monroe, Ole Miss, Vandy, Texas A&M, NM State, Alabama A&M) and a decent bowl. Actually, I hope that's EXACTLY what happens. With a losing record or even close there's too much chance Auburn fires Chizik and a decent coach gets hired to replace him. I'd love nothing more than for Auburn to struggle with mediocrity with even a few flashes of brilliance as long as they lose their last regular season game every year.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009

I've heard Auburn fans admit they won that national title because of one player. People realize it wasn't won because of coaching, but rather Cameron Newton. If this season turns out to be really bad (ala 5-7 or worse), I can easily see Chizik getting the boot.
There's a real unease settling in amongst the barn fans that are grounded in reality. I work with one that thinks they'll be lucky to make a bowl.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net

NOOOOOO! They need to need Dooley, I mean Chizik, as long as possible. He just needs time, they're young!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Guess this is the best place to post this. I missed Pat Dye's interview on Scarbinsky's radio show this morning (sure the audio will be up later). Here are some highlights tweeted and posted on Facebook.

Pat Dye on Smashmouth: Everybody's got discipline issues in program. Dismukes has worked as hard as anyone on AU team to get ready for year.

Dye on Smashmouth: Makes you mad that Dismukes did what he did. Wouldn't be surprised if he misses Miss State game as well as Clemson.

Dye on Smashmouth: It's not that AU's not policing its program. These issues tend to come in bunches.

Pat Dye "I sent home two in 1981 before Alabama game when we didn't have the same numbers" on Smashmouth Radio Network!

Dye on recruiting Otis Mounds aftr drug problems "he had taken his jr and sr year in his sr year academically/gave him only one chance

Pat Dye on AU sz they were as tolerant with Dyer as they could be. U try to save em all/personally think they wouldnt recruit Zeke Pike.

Dye sz as good a group of kids at AU that they have ever had right now on SMRN!

Pat Dye sz he is surprised DeAngelo Benton lasted as long as he did on Smashmouth Radio Network!

Pat Dey on AU sz they were as tolerant with Dyer as they could be. U try to save em all/personally think they wouldnt recruit Zeke Pike.

Dye on Smashmouth: If Auburn coaches had to do it again, they probably wouldn't recruit Zeke Pike.

Dye on Smashmouth: DeAngelo Benton's been on thin ice a long time.

Dye on Smashmouth: Guarantee you that Chizik is getting some answers. That wasn't a first-time deal with Dismukes. Potential was there.
As my brother said when I sent him those quotes, no former coach should be that knowledgable of the goings-on of a program. He's been gone for twenty years... And he is a convincted NCAA cheater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.