Page 9 of 70 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161959 ... LastLast
    BamaNation First Team

Re: Auburn will be a first class wreck

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMan09 View Post
    Gus Malzahn was the defacto head coach when he was at Auburn. His offense won the championship two years ago. He called plays for Cam Newton and the rest in history. At times on the sidelines Malzahn looked to be more in control than Chizik did. Granted Chizik got credit for hiring him (it was actually Pat Dye) but it was Malzahn's offense that helped them win. Not Chizik's defense. Malzahn will get a big gig soon once he has a good season at Arkansas State. Chizik is supposed to be a defensive whiz but his defenses have been very questionable since he took over there. We'll see how the offense does with a new coordinator. Van Gorder was a good hire for their defense but let's be honest: Auburn dosen't have the same caliber of athletes that Georgia had when he was coaching there. They'll improve but it's not going to be a huge increase like people think.
    Back before Chiz came to Auburn as DC, he studied the Tampa Bay Bucks defense. There were no/few colleges at the time using that scheme. He brought that scheme to AU and it worked until it was no longer new to college football. That is the Chiz claim to fame. And it worked for him by getting him more and more responsible positions and pay.

Chiz is the epitome of the Peter Principle and to my knowing, has done nothing since he copied that pro defense.

I contend a true offensive genious would have had better results for Auburn than they had in 2011 (post-Cam)

Malz went to Arky State which is LOADED with talent. And I believe he had planned to take M Dyer with him all along but Dyer screwed that pooch. Cam could make me look like Knute Rockne so the jury is still out on Malz...especially if at his new gig he has to ease up using street agents like his Arky ol' bud Walt. He was smart enough to go to a place already loaded with experienced players, that way he doesn't have to rebuild and can use that job to springboard to somewhere that can win FBS games like maybe Tennessee, Notre Dame or even Texas if they don't get back up around 10 wins.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Somehow our two titles are even sweeter with them being a part of the bologna sandwich in 2010. Knowing the Barn's title was overshadowed by ours is much better than if Oregon had won that year.

BamaNation First Team

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Somehow our two titles are even sweeter with them being a part of the bologna sandwich in 2010. Knowing the Barn's title was overshadowed by ours is much better than if Oregon had won that year.
    See the point but can't make muhself go that far

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    You know that title was bologna. But what would make it oh so sweeter if we double them up. They would have nothing to say after that one.

6. August 24th, 2012, 05:47 PM

BamaNation Second Team MasterGracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    Becuase his cheating staff hurts us, and is out to hurt us. Ask Brent Calloway's family why we dont want that staff in Auburn.
    Those problems are the result of AU system, not cheezit. Gene is a yes man; they can find another one to do the same tasks, but they might be better coaches.

Suspended
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Right now hundreds of Auburn fans are still searching the AP poll.

BamaNation All-American TheRealPokeChop's Avatar
    My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Those problems are the result of AU system, not cheezit. Gene is a yes man; they can find another one to do the same tasks, but they might be better coaches.
    true but taylor and looper are the ones sending the texts. I for one would like to see them on the bread line for a while, figuratively speaking.
    Serve no master but your own ambition.

BamaNation Second Team MasterGracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealPokeChop View Post
    true but taylor and looper are the ones sending the texts. I for one would like to see them on the bread line for a while, figuratively speaking.
    Maybe we will get the best of both worlds when Troopa takes the job with the Cowboys! Lll

My Mood

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    Maybe we will get the best of both worlds when Troopa takes the job with the Cowboys! Lll
    haha. "You should be drafted by us because you'll never start in New England"- Trooper Taylor trying to recruit draft picks.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Redwood Forrest's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Auburn will never be first class at anything. It will be a second class train wreck.
    An atheist is a man who has no invisible means of support. John Buchan

BamaNation Hall of Fame bamachile's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Redwood Forrest View Post
    Auburn will never be first class at anything. It will be a second class train wreck.
    I wonder what Dear Aggie would say at this time of the preseason...
    “Louisiana is a fresh-air mental asylum.”
    ― James Lee Burke, Pegasus Descending

My Mood

It's the most beautiful dumpster fire I've ever seen and we haven't even seen a kickoff yet.

BamaNation All-SEC UA All the Way's Avatar

Auburn just announced their starting O-Line and it should seriously worry Auburn fans. Their line now has a center who has played a grand total of 1 game and 2 tackles who have never played a game. One tackle is a true freshman. I'm now pretty sure Clemson rolls Auburn Saturday.

That line is going to really show their lack of experience when they come up against some SEC D-Lines.
    “We will get there…I promise you that.” -Coach Saban

ROLL TIDE ROLL!