Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Re: Auburn will be a first class wreck

Nope... he said it right... recruiting questionable players is the "right way" on the Plains.... just look at their history. Saban (much like Bryant before) has forced Auburn into mainly picking the leftovers from Alabama and/or entering questionable deals to get key players. I'm not saying every player there was bought or was questionable, but by and large Alabama has won the recruiting battles over the past 4 years and is poised to continue to win those going forward.

The only way to overcome a lack of talent is with superior coaching... and that's not present currently at Auburn either.

Personally, I think they're set for a 8-5 year (Clemson, Miss St, La Monroe, Ole Miss, Vandy, Texas A&M, NM State, Alabama A&M) and a decent bowl. Actually, I hope that's EXACTLY what happens. With a losing record or even close there's too much chance Auburn fires Chizik and a decent coach gets hired to replace him. I'd love nothing more than for Auburn to struggle with mediocrity with even a few flashes of brilliance as long as they lose their last regular season game every year.
I still see them having a lot of problems stopping Clemson even without Watkins. They ran up and down the field on them last year allbeit au didn't have uncle rico as the d coordinator. Miss St. has them at home and always gives them trouble. Vandy is not the Vandy of old and the barn has trouble with them. Can aTm be as bad as everyone let's on? I see 5-7 and all hell breaking loose

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio

Unless they find a loophole and Cam Newton comes back for one more season, I think its just a matter of time until they point Chizik towards the door...
He isnt a great coach, and he didnt coach squat on that 2010 team either....he had the perfect player show up to run the high school offense of Gus Malzahn...

...just magic in a bottle that fizzled out.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Guess this is the best place to post this. I missed Pat Dye's interview on Scarbinsky's radio show this morning (sure the audio will be up later). Here are some highlights tweeted and posted on Facebook.

As my brother said when I sent him those quotes, no former coach should be that knowledgable of the goings-on of a program. He's been gone for twenty years... And he is a convincted NCAA cheater.
Dye is in eyeballs deep.

I'd bet that he was given an NC Ring just for doing his "fund-raising" job............:rolleyes:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

There is a "predict the score" thread on ITAT and two things stand out:

1. Those who are picking the Barn are only picking them to win by a slim margin; usually around 3 points. This says to me that even their "sunshine pumpers" are having their doubts.

2. Several Barners are picking Clemson to win and some by a pretty big margin.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

Personally, I think Chizik is the best coach they've had since Barfield.:)
It must suck to be a washed up has-been coach and to have to coach through someone else. Pat Dye is a loser!!

BamaBeta

All-SEC
Sep 18, 2008
Atlanta

Personally, I think Chizik is the best coach they've had since Barfield.:)
I had a similar thought. I was wondering though, if Dr. Moo could give us some insight. You know it's opening week and I do not recall having seen a Dear Dr. Moo post.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.

I too heard Dye on the radio today and was amazed. Several things caught my attention. He said "we" so many times and commented on decision making and recruiting that is is obvious he is deeply involved in day to day activities.

Things he said that also were noteworthy:
D. Benton is not that good of a football player. Ouch! And has been on thin ice for a while.
Dismukes has been a problem for some time. Wow!
Pike should heve never been recruited.
And... in the obligatory Bama comparison..... Alabama has it's problems too.
Rolando McClain was a problem before he ever got there. We all knew it was coming.

No doubt the convicted cheater is still involved. Some things never change!

Last edited:

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012

I too heard Dye on the radio today and was amazed. Several things caught my attention. He said "we" so many times and commented on decision making and recruiting that is is obvious he is deeply involved in day to day activities.

Things he said that also were noteworthy:
D. Benton is not that good of a football player. Ouch! And has been on thin ice for a while.
Dismukes has been a problem for some time. Wow!
Pike should heve never been recruited.
And... in the obligatory Bama comparison..... Alabama has it's problems too.
Rolando McClain was a problem before he ever got there. We all knew it was coming.

No doubt the convicted cheater is still involved. Some things never change!
I'll hold what I really want to say about dye in because I don't want to get banned. I love it here on TideFans. But, his Bama has problems too and throw offs of McClain to divert attention elsewhere rubs me the wrong way. Thats the way of a cheater though.

Al Becker

3rd Team
Jan 25, 2011
Trussville, Al.

I'll hold what I really want to say about dye in because I don't want to get banned. I love it here on TideFans. But, his Bama has problems too and throw offs of McClain to divert attention elsewhere rubs me the wrong way. Thats the way of a cheater though.

I understand. I will paraphrase my feeling for Dye by just saying if he was on fire I woudn't put him out by any means I had immediately available.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012

I understand. I will paraphrase my feeling for Dye by just saying if he was on fire I woudn't put him out by any means I had immediately available.
Thumbs up! Ok, so maybe I can paraphrase also! As my 10th grade history teacher told me, I will say against dye. I wouldn't give you a toothpick if you asked nicely,and I owned a whole lumber yard.

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton

I find it interesting that the AU herd is always like "that never happens here" until it happens there at which time their chorus changes to "that happens every where"

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL

Fire Cheese? Don't Fire Cheese? What does it matter?

Clearly Dye has more say than Cheese, and always will.

No decent coach is going into that mess, it will be a name coach no one else will hire & will follow the Program or a young buck/former player who wants the $ and knows how the game is played.

No former coach especially someone kicked out should know this much about the current football team.

Finally on RO, there have been threads on him before after he left. I do not like, condone, or appreciate some of his actions, but he is a grown man & can face the music he wrote.

All I by goodness know that while he was here he behaved maybe because he knew what the coach would do. Even an aggressive penalty on the field would get him an earful on game day & I'm sure laps or worst on Monday.

Kid at API do what they do because they have seen others get away with it!

Clearly it not Cheese's call.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012

I find it interesting that the AU herd is always like "that never happens here" until it happens there at which time their chorus changes to "that happens every where"
Barner logic. Or, lack thereof.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

No former coach should spout off as much as Dye does about Auburn.
I don't know what you're talking about. I love to hear Coach Stallings on the radio talking about how "We shouldn't have recruited ___" or how the coaches gave ______ plenty of room but the player wouldn't get his act together. :wink:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Flipped over to the Yahoo Sports station here in Montgomery earlier. The weekly Auburn show with Jonathon Hokasen (sp?) was playing. Some guy called and asked about Dismukes' replacement. JH got talking about the offensive line and the inexperience. His voice indicated he wasn't very comfortable with the OL for this week.

First, you've got a first time starter at center, who has only a few meaningful snaps. Add to that, a true freshman at RT and a redshirt freshman at LT. Lest we forget a sophomore making his first career start. Should we even discuss the runningbacks?

b2v4ua

All-SEC
Dec 12, 2009
Springville,Al

I ran up on a tweet from an Awbarn fan that said that this wasn't the first time Dimukes had been in trouble.(inmates running the asylum at The Univesity of Awbarn)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.