Auburn will be (IS) a first class wreck

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
Maybe they are trying to hire another true HC (like Malzahn was) while leaving Chizik as the figurehead. This would probably allow Jay Jacobs and Tim Jackson to stay employed if Petrino improved the program. They could keep "God Thing" and show their Christian character and fambly values by granting Petrino forgiveness for his transgressions. This would probably be wildly popular with the cult until it inevitably fell apart.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009
Something I just realized about that tweet. It says "AU personnel." Does that mean AD/boosters/BoT members like many would think? Or does it mean football coaches looking for advice? Petrino was OC for a year when Chiz was DC.
I heard the call that triggered this tweet. The guy says he's a valet at the hotel (gave the name but I forgot it). The caller said two black SUVs with Auburn tags arrived with two well dressed men. He didn't know their names (remembered how one sounded) but they weren't people he recognized. He said Jay Jacobs was not one of them.

According to the valet, they met Bobby Petrino in the lobby and proceeded to a room. The caller says he didn't recognize Petrino but another valet did.

It was a caller to a sports radio show, so take it for what it is worth, but the guy sounded legit. He wasn't thumping his chest and was very clear that he didn't know the folks in the SUVs and someone else had to tell him the person they met was Petrino.

If Allbarn thought they couldn't Bama before, hire Petrino, who couldn't do it with those high flying offenses at Arky, they won't beat him now. It's going to take two years to install that kind of offfense. Then another two to win with it. CNS has already crossed that bridge. They need something newer than rough rider.

Pun intended...

gwilliams

1st Team
Aug 29, 2011
Rich Rod is 5 - 4 at Arizona, but this is his first year there. He's 124-87-2 career as HC. Not to scarey

I still say Tressel would be the best fit:tongue:, followed by Petrino. You know...fit the culture of street agents and such

Rasputin

Suspended
Apr 15, 2008
Aubarn has got so bad that Chizik is starting to "Boo" his own team from the sideline...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'd say whether Auburn hires Petrino or someone else; that they are already in negations...
and trying to 'Keep it down home,Cuz'...
When Auburn changed QB last week it kind of signaled to me that they intend to go another direction.
Meaning a pass oriented head coach, who doesn't run a Pro Set... Sounds like BP to me.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
What makes the valet's story hard to believe is:

Why would Petrino be hanging out in the lobby waiting on two suvs with aubie plates??? Yeah that is really going under cover!

I watch enough spy shows to know that he'd surely check in under an alias and then the "auburn personel" would just go straight to his room. Then if they don't like what he says they kill him and leave...lol

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Why would Petrino be hanging out in the lobby waiting on two suvs with aubie plates??? Yeah that is really going under cover!

I watch enough spy shows to know that he'd surely check in under an alias and then the "auburn personel" would just go straight to his room. Then if they don't like what he says they kill him and leave...lol
I'll bet a check of the guest register would show 'Aubie' in one of their rooms...
They like to be cute.

If they did hire Aubie Petrino, he's start by running off Looper & Trooper... I'd agree with that move.
Besides...
It's a short Harley ride to the beach babes from Auburn.

efd840

1st Team
Nov 23, 2009

Scarbo's co-host was on the topic this morning emphatically stating that he was completely certain that (a) Petrino was in the hotel that weekend and (b) he wasn't attending UAB practices to visit with his old pal. He also said he could not confirm the valet's story about the Auburn connection.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Scarbo's co-host was on the topic this morning emphatically stating that he was completely certain that (a) Petrino was in the hotel that weekend and (b) he wasn't attending UAB practices to visit with his old pal. He also said he could not confirm the valet's story about the Auburn connection.
I was told by an Aub friend shortly after posting the tweet the story posted about the valet telling it. My friend also said their mods have denied it. The more I think about it, I wonder about the wording. They don't say "a caller claims..." or "rumor is..." They say it as fact. Makes me believe they knew about something prior to the caller.

rolltide7854

All-American
Aug 20, 2007
Birmingham, Ala
I call BS on the meeting in Birmingham.

1) Why meet in Birmingham when he would recognized rather quickly.
2) Why would the aubie reps bring attention to themselves by driving cars that gives it away who that are with.
3) With teleconferencing so easy why the need to meet face to face as to give it away?

I hope they do hire him so it would prove their almighty creed is a joke like we know it is. He isn't a great recruiter and with his past history does anyone see it getting any better. Plus CNS has beat him like a red-headed stepchild almost every time they have met.

Come on aubie HIRE HIM, we dare you.

bamadp

All-SEC
Sep 24, 2006
Sheffield, Al.
Surely the Auburn "family" wouldn't hire Bobby "Adulterer" Petrino, or would they...this AU after all. One would think Petrino would have a hard time convincing the parents of a top recruit, especially the mother, that they should send their son to Auburn.

JV's Tide

3rd Team
Jan 11, 2010
Surely the Auburn "family" wouldn't hire Bobby "Adulterer" Petrino, or would they...this AU after all. One would think Petrino would have a hard time convincing the parents of a top recruit, especially the mother, that they should send their son to Auburn.
Then it will be same ole Auburn... No parents on recruiting trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.