Travel plans to Dallas.

bama70

3rd Team
Oct 19, 2011
NE Alabama
I was planning on leaving Thursday to drive to Dallas. I still have reservations for Thursday night in Shreveport. I would like to know what other fans with similar travel plans are going to do.

Before someone comments, I know I should have planned on flying.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
A lot probably depends on the storm in the gulf. That might present some issues. I am planning on driving up from Houston on Friday afternoon (I live in Texas). That storm cold make travel sick as can be.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
A lot probably depends on the storm in the gulf. That might present some issues. I am planning on driving up from Houston on Friday afternoon (I live in Texas). That storm cold make travel sick as can be.
Yep... If the models bringing it up into DFW are correct (hopefully they are way wrong), we can be looking at a rainy/windy Friday-Sunday. (Model shows it basically wrapping around and dying in the E. TX area. Not good for tailgating. Only about 12 can comfortably hang in the RV. The others will be getting wet... :)

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yep... If the models bringing it up into DFW are correct (hopefully they are way wrong), we can be looking at a rainy/windy Friday-Sunday. (Model shows it basically wrapping around and dying in the E. TX area. Not good for tailgating. Only about 12 can comfortably hang in the RV. The others will be getting wet... :)
Dang, I hadn't planned on packing the rain gear.

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
I was planning on leaving Thursday to drive to Dallas. I still have reservations for Thursday night in Shreveport. I would like to know what other fans with similar travel plans are going to do.

Before someone comments, I know I should have planned on flying.
My wife and i are also driving Thursday to Shreveport, then friday morning on to Dallas. I think it's a great plan. I'd much rather have my SUV to get around. And when you consider all the crap dealing with flying nowadays, it's not that much faster anyway. I'm excited about the drive. I think i may even pull off the interstate in West Monroe to visit the Robertson's (of Duck Commander).

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
My recommendation to all visiting the DFW metroplex or Texas for the first time. If you have time and are looking to get a feel for Texas, take the time to go to Fort Worth. Dallas is a wonderful city, but other than the way people talk, a few lone stars placed here and there Dallas is pretty much like any other big city in the US. It's a flatter, less shaded and drier version of Atlanta. If you want to see laid back, friendly, Texas style go to Fort Worth.

Just my $.02

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I'm lucky I guess, as I'm travelling from the Kansas area, so I can't imagine getting much interference from the weather. I'm really hoping that you guys are able to make it. I don't want to be the only Bama fan there.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Yeah, I'm thinking those of you with plans to stay in Shreveport may want to reconsider. Then again, this storm may not strengthen, and things will be just a little windy and wet.

JD95

All-American
Oct 18, 1999
Birmingham, AL
I'm on a Southwest flight leaving BHM at 3:20 Friday afternoon, connecting in Houston, and arriving at Dallas Love at 6:30. Really hoping the storm, wherever it is by then, has degraded substantially after making landfall.

jeffs4thetide

1st Team
Sep 20, 2005
Trussville, AL
We have a 4pm flight Friday that will be going direct into DFW. Staying at the Worthington in Fort Worth. A friend who lives in Dallas advised to stay in Fort Worth, says Dallas is a bit cosmopolitan and spread out.

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
Flying into DFW Saturday morning. Given the drought they have been having, the one thing I never considered (until now) was rain. We'll pack rain ponchos and take what comes. At least we will be dry in the stadium - we've been wet at BDS a few times.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
Drought? Last weekend downtown Dallas and Fort Worth were both flooded. Rain fell at a rate of 9" hour in some areas. We got 3.5 in about 2 hours. In downtown there were cars washed away, roofs collapsed on buildings, people drowning, power outages, motorist stranded in high water, etc...

Last edited:

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
My recommendation to all visiting the DFW metroplex or Texas for the first time. If you have time and are looking to get a feel for Texas, take the time to go to Fort Worth. Dallas is a wonderful city, but other than the way people talk, a few lone stars placed here and there Dallas is pretty much like any other big city in the US. It's a flatter, less shaded and drier version of Atlanta. If you want to see laid back, friendly, Texas style go to Fort Worth.

Just my $.02
I'll second that. Besides, FW is closer to Jerry World.

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
Scale of 1-10, how likely is it that the game with Michigan will have to be rescheduled? I'm in chicken little mode at the moment! :frown:

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
FWIW.... Those driving to Dallas coming from T Town i20 Shreveport, etc. As others who live in Dallas will tell you traffic on 635 during rush hour is crazy. Suggestion, leave as early as possible to potentially avoid this. Hopefully this helps

RTR!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.