Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Re: T.J. Yeldon: the Real Deal.

He will continue to be even more impressive the more he can get Fowler running interference for him.

Fowler and Yeldon both impressed me.
    "May the Tide Be with You"

2. Advertisement

I think Fowler just guaranteed himself a draft pick in the NFL showing his ability to play RB and FB in one game. NFL scouts will eat that up. Yeldon is insanely talented and great chance of getting freshmen all american this year

I'm going really old school here but a couple of TJ's bursts and glides reminded me of Wilbur Jackson. And that is a very good thing.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    I'm going really old school here but a couple of TJ's bursts and glides reminded me of Wilbur Jackson. And that is a very good thing.
    I lived next door to Wilbur at one time not just a Graet player but a really Great person.

I "thought" TJ was good but he's much better than I could imagine This Good.

Folkshe is Going to be something really Special just stay healthy & focused.

BTW Lacy, Folwer & Hart were pretty good as well.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Going by last night, every tailback who gets a handful of touches will find success the way that o-line looked against Michigan. Alabama's offensive linemen put on a clinic on how to execute a run play. They were so in sync with their assignments and physically dominant with their blocks, the tailbacks were halfway to a first down before the back had to attack or avoid a defender.

Yeldon looks like a stud but I think the real story is that we're going to ride the hot hand at tailback. Whoever is seeing the defense the best - making the right cuts - will likely get the big yardage. Against a better defense or simply a more physically intimidating defense, I think Lacy and Fowler will get the bulk of the snaps in the hopes of pounding them into submission.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

i saw Yeldon play in high school and knew he was the real deal. what i didnt know was that he'd be the best runner on our team in the first game. his combination of size, power, speed, vision is unreal. He's the type of RB where the defense has to square up and "think" before they make the tackle. Which results in awful tackle angles. Thats what made Adrian Peterson so great in college and the NFL..it's like a train is coming straight for you and you got 1 second to figure out how to make the tkl. too late

The best RB on the roster, no doubt.

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 257WBY View Post
    The best RB on the roster, no doubt.
    Let's wait and see how lacy does when his ankle is better before we crown yeldon the starter
    BS 1989

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

I can see why college football hates us so much..As good as Yeldon is..We're going too have a couple freshmeen RB's that will be coming in next year..That's just as good(if not better) than Yeldon..Life is good for us Bama Fans..I love it..

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonSEC View Post
    I've been trying to find a comparable back from Bama's history, but I'm having a hard time. He's taller than most and he glides a little like Alexander but he looks fast. Alexander never looked fast, although he was. Maybe Bobby Humphery, though not as much a slasher.

Bobby Humphrey was the first one to come to mind for me. Similar body type, similar running style, patient, waits on blocks and hits it hard when he goes...looks like he's gliding out there while everyone else is in slow motion.

If you combined Marcus Allen and Adrian Peterson you would get something similar to Yeldon, the guy looked amazing.

Only one game so far, but he looked special from the second he touched the ball.

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    After the game last night, I really understood why the barners were so upset when he switched his commitment. At first I thought it was because he did it during the dead period and was going to be enrolling before their slimy coaches could talk to him. Not I understand that it was not only that, but that they realized exactly what they were losing. ROLL TIDE!
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

I really do not mean this to sound like a hijack, but the OLine did make some huge holes for this fine young man to run into.... Saying that, I loved the ability that TJ has to make people miss... He actually made the defenders from Michigan look silly a couple of times, but so did our OLine..........
    I have but one life to give to my country, and I give it to The Crimson Tide