Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Shocked on TideFans.com
    Love Yeldon...but I think Trent is the best back Bama has had.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation First Team CrimsonForever1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Re: T.J. Yeldon: the Real Deal.

tmv85!!!!!! Quick, make another post..... Never really liked that number (post wise).......
    Quote Originally Posted by tmv85 View Post
    After the game last night, I really understood why the barners were so upset when he switched his commitment. At first I thought it was because he did it during the dead period and was going to be enrolling before their slimy coaches could talk to him. Not I understand that it was not only that, but that they realized exactly what they were losing. ROLL TIDE!
    I have but one life to give to my country, and I give it to The Crimson Tide

BamaNation First Team CrimSonami's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Breezy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by DurdenTider View Post
    I think Fowler just guaranteed himself a draft pick in the NFL showing his ability to play RB and FB in one game. NFL scouts will eat that up. Yeldon is insanely talented and great chance of getting freshmen all american this year
    Awesom combo here. I still think Eddie should be the roster 1 when healthy. He's earned it IMO. I do however think we'll see more of the same "RB by commitee" the remainder of the season. Fowler is a low pad bruiser once he breaks LOS and Yeldon doesn't exhibit the "slasher" style simply because he doesn't have too. To my untrained eye he's a perfect combination of strength, speed and shifty. He's great at reading, waiting on and following his blocks then shifting just enough to make you grasp at his thigh pad in the open field. Then, of course, he has good hands as a receiver coming out of the backfield. He'll be, at a minimum, SEC Freshman of the year if he stays healthy. Remember, this kid was the A-Day star in the spring. He's only gonna get better the longer he's in the program.

RTR!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Sassy on TideFans.com
    Ok, CrimsonForever! For whatever reason here's your post.

And I am still so pumped about the game!!
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    BamaVictory on TideFans.com

Our O-Line was awesome & did dominate..But..TJ also broke lots of tackles & flat ran over some Michigan players..He did break some Michigan ankles with some brilliant running as you stated..What impressed me the most about TJ..Was the patients TJ showcased..By allowing the holes too develop before hitting the LOS..He obviously has had some great coaching on the high school level(and at Bama of course)..He has the maturity for a freshman RB that doesn't come along very often..JMO
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForever1 View Post
    I really do not mean this to sound like a hijack, but the OLine did make some huge holes for this fine young man to run into.... Saying that, I loved the ability that TJ has to make people miss... He actually made the defenders from Michigan look silly a couple of times, but so did our OLine..........

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Maybe its his build / height but I was most reminded of Eric Dickerson watching TJ run. I agree the O Line really was a difference maker. Some of those whole you could have driven a truck through!

BamaNation First Team Bear Disciple's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

He looked great in every facet when he touched the ball, but what I was most impressed with was his ability to fall forward and pick up those extra couple yards, especially considering his stature. To me, there is nothing more valuable in a running back than fighting for every yard, and tonight, I can say in all honesty that I saw shades of a couple guys named Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson in TJ Yeldon. He's got a ways to go, but what an amazing first impression.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

He is a great back. With that said, in the past 4 seasons either all of our backs look good in a game or none of them do. I remember some games in 2010 when Mark Ingram and Trent Richardson struggled to get yards.

Like many predicted, the O-line is going to make the transition for Yeldon and Hart a lot easier this year. What a freaking line! I have seen a dominate left side, but not as strong on both sides.

Yeldon reminds me of a bigger Sherman Williams.

BamaNation First Team CrimsonForever1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I`m sorry.... You were stuck on post 666... I guess I may be a little crazy.....
    Quote Originally Posted by tmv85 View Post
    Ok, CrimsonForever! For whatever reason here's your post.

And I am still so pumped about the game!!
    Last edited by CrimsonForever1; September 2nd, 2012 at 09:45 AM.
    I have but one life to give to my country, and I give it to The Crimson Tide

BamaNation All-American Clubfitter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Think all the DC's in the SEC lost some sleep last night thinking about how to stop the stable of RB's, the stable of WR's, awesome OL, and the confident experienced QB that we possess. Hope they all have nightmares all season long thinking about it. (I bet Nussmeier slept like a baby)
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

BamaNation First Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles14 View Post
    Somewhere between a Shaun Alexander and a Linnie Patrick. Definitely the most impressed I've been with a Bama frosh RB since Alexander.
    Exactly. My immediate thought was the Shaun Alexander look to him, more like a swooping speeder leaning into curves than a stutter-stepper, spinner or power rusher.

Not yet convinced he is/will be better than Trent, but Trent can't be replaced, only succeeded, and TJ definitely did that.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

It's just the first game and I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves, but...

The way he runs just looks so effortless. Almost like: "Yeh see I'm going break this tackle here and then just run half speed for 15 yards...no big deal"

BamaNation All-American colbysullivan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Effortless is a good word to describe him. His body lean is perfect and the way he just glides for 10 yards is such an enigma. A guy shouldn't be that big and tall and still be agile.