Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Recipes

Re: T.J. Yeldon: the Real Deal.

Does anyone know what the initials T J stand for ?

2. Advertisement

good question. maybe it's just TJ

My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForever1 View Post
    I`m sorry.... You were stuck on post 666... I guess I may be a little crazy.....
    Ahhhh!!! I wasn't on my computer posting, so I didn't see the overall post count. Yeah, not a fan of that number either. Thanks. 😊
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride--and never quit--you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high, but so are the rewards." Coach Paul Bryant

BamaNation All-American CHATTBRIT's Avatar
    My Mood
    Fine on TideFans.com

TJ was most impressive. His running action is just so smooth and he emerges from a crowd of defenders and runs some more. Very excited to have him at the Capstone for the next few years.
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

He runs a little like Sherman Williams, who also battled running upright. They never got his really fixed. Yeldon has been coached well thus far.

BamaNation All-American Bad Pony's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

I love the "I" formation with Fowler leading the way, except for the TJ TD I don't think we gained less than 4 yds a carry. In addition to being an excellent, bruising runner it looks like Mr. Fowler is going to be a devastating blocker. I hate getting this excited after one game....

BamaNation All-American Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    He runs a little like Sherman Williams, who also battled running upright. They never got his really fixed. Yeldon has been coached well thus far.
    Kinda reminds me of Wilbur Jackson running upright with feet low to the ground.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

It's still very, very early, but he reminded me a lot of a skinny Adrian Peterson. He broke through tackles like they were nothing, he hit the holes with great timing, he showed an abundance of moves to stay on his feet, but best of all there were a number of times where he carried defenders to get those extra yards. It was a very special performance, and just the fact that he got the majority of the carries tells you the confidence that the coaching staff has in him. If he stays healthy and continues to grow, I would dare say he may wind up being better than Trent, Mark, Shaun, or whoever else you would like to throw in there.

Still it's early, so I'm going just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.

BamaNation All-American
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Clubfitter View Post
    Kinda reminds me of Wilbur Jackson running upright with feet low to the ground.
    reminds me of the obvious choices Dickerson and Allen. But another great runner he reminds me of is Gale Sayers. bigger than Sayers but the running style is similar.

BamaNation All-American Clubfitter's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    reminds me of the obvious choices Dickerson and Allen. But another great runner he reminds me of is Gale Sayers. bigger than Sayers but the running style is similar.

Hadn't thought of Gale Sayers. Very similar.
    “What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment.”
    Coach Nick Saban.

Quote Originally Posted by bamabomber View Post
    , I would dare say he may wind up being better than Trent, Mark, Shaun, or whoever else you would like to throw in there.

Still it's early, so I'm going just going to sit back and enjoy the ride.
    Imagine next year having Fowler, Yeldon, Hart and Tyren Jones(HS) as your backs.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubfitter View Post
    Hadn't thought of Gale Sayers. Very similar.
    I can see that.

My Mood
    Mellow on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Imagine next year having Fowler, Yeldon, Hart and Tyren Jones(HS) as your backs.

I can see that.
    Imagine that plus Derrick Henry and Altee Tenpenny, and then throw in Bo Scarborough in 2014.

Life is good!!

Quote Originally Posted by CHATTBRIT View Post
    TJ was most impressive. His running action is just so smooth and he emerges from a crowd of defenders and runs some more. Very excited to have him at the Capstone for the next few years.
    As long as he plays great against Auburn! lol