Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    BamaNation Third Team
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: T.J. Yeldon: the Real Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by gamersfuel View Post
    reminds me of the obvious choices Dickerson and Allen. But another great runner he reminds me of is Gale Sayers. bigger than Sayers but the running style is similar.
    Wow! A freshman after his first game gets compared to Dickerson, Allen and Gale Sayers! Things are definitely looking good for our future.

I was on the phone with a fellow Bama fan during the game, and I told him Yeldon reminds me of OJ Simpson! Some of the things that impressed me where his cuts, his speed, his ability to make people miss, and he always fell forward. Yes, we have a great one here!

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation Hall of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

The best way to describe Yeldon's style is slashing in my opinion. He's very decisive cuts and aggressive when he hits the hole.

Honestly, he kind of reminds me of a perfection of Jimmy Johns as a tailback. His pad level and vision is better but the similarities in build and running style are there. NFL comparisons would be Edgerrin James or Willis McGahee perhaps. Both are tall for a tailback...kind of slashing especially James who made a career out of the outside zone stretch.

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaTidefan View Post
    Wow! A freshman after his first game gets compared to Dickerson, Allen and Gale Sayers! Things are definitely looking good for our future.

I was on the phone with a fellow Bama fan during the game, and I told him Yeldon reminds me of OJ Simpson! Some of the things that impressed me where his cuts, his speed, his ability to make people miss, and he always fell forward. Yes, we have a great one here!
    Most everything was upfield. You can tell his great abilities, but this line would have allowed any starting back in the SEC with 30 carries a 150yrd game.

We should not get too carried away. They are saying we may have the best college football line in 15 years.

Edit: Best o-line in 15 years not just Bama but all of college football
    Last edited by CapstoneTider; September 2nd, 2012 at 01:06 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Last night, before the game, I wrote on the "Pick the Score" thread: "I look for Yeldon to have a breakout game tonight - maybe 90 yards rushing and a couple of TDs." I wasn't far off the mark. This guy is fantastic.

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    HaHa on TideFans.com
    Yeldon is a great back that would excel with any OL. It just so happens he's running behind an all time great. His burst the hole is nothing short of tremendous. I know it's just the first game, but it's a very promising way to start the season. If we can keep this up then look out. I'm more impressed with Fowler though.
    ROLL TIDE!

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Has a true freshman RB in the first game of the season ever run for over 100 yards at Bama until Yeldon?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    Has a true freshman RB in the first game of the season ever run for over 100 yards at Bama until Yeldon?
    I don't think so, but you shouldn't get too carried away about him
    Hail Mary, Full of Grace, Notre Dame in Second Place, with a made up girlfriend

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.

-Bertrand Russell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    I don't think so, but you shouldn't get too carried away about him
    That did sound harsh, am I trying too hard to not go overboard? It does historically seem like either all the backs look great or none do, which ='s O-Line.

While he looks like the next superstar(is), we could have one of the all-time great o-lines. So all the backs looked better, it's the truth, even if it offends. Not trying to do that though.

Being objective can be a good thing.

I like to see the grey area, it's not all black or white. And discussing the grey area can make you appear like you are being critical when your really are just attempting to voice an unbiased truthful opinion and spread the praise.
    Last edited by CapstoneTider; September 2nd, 2012 at 02:42 PM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Alasippi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    The best way to describe Yeldon's style is slashing in my opinion. He's very decisive cuts and aggressive when he hits the hole.

Honestly, he kind of reminds me of a perfection of Jimmy Johns as a tailback. His pad level and vision is better but the similarities in build and running style are there. NFL comparisons would be Edgerrin James or Willis McGahee perhaps. Both are tall for a tailback...kind of slashing especially James who made a career out of the outside zone stretch.
    My thought about his running style is more like "effortless". In other words he's one of the rare guys who is so gifted that he makes it look easy.
    It's way early in his career but if he stays healthy and follows the process there's no telling just how good he can be.
    He really doesn't remind me of anybody we've had but he looks a lot like the Oklahoma running back who is now with the Vikings.
    For the life of me and way too much beer and tequila last night I can't think of the name right off the bat lol

Suspended
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Psychedelic on TideFans.com

Yeldon ran TALL and STRAIGHT! He looked like Eric Dickerson. I don't think he had a carry for less than 6 yards. The OL was overpowering, but Yeldon simply showed the "it" factor. Just when I thought TRICH was the best running back I ever saw, here comes TJ.

BamaNation All-American
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    My thought about his running style is more like "effortless". In other words he's one of the rare guys who is so gifted that he makes it look easy.
    It's way early in his career but if he stays healthy and follows the process there's no telling just how good he can be.
    He really doesn't remind me of anybody we've had but he looks a lot like the Oklahoma running back who is now with the Vikings.
    For the life of me and way too much beer and tequila last night I can't think of the name right off the bat lol
    that is Adrian Peterson. as far as strength goes there is probably a huge difference right now. but they physically look similar.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonSEC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Alasippi View Post
    Peterson

Yeldon was behind a great line but he also ran through arm tackles like they weren't there. I'm looking for special things from him in his Bama career.
    Lee

"A long way," he said after being asked how far the Crimson Tide had come since Coach Nick Saban arrived three years ago. "I guess you could say it's the distance from Shreveport to Pasadena."
    Mike Johnson

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

He is an absolute FREAK.......every time he carried the ball last night everyone in our viewing party screamed FREAK FREAK FREAK....
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1