Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JBama_in_PCOLA View Post
    Here's the thing. I saw him picking up blitzes. That is great news! All backs are doing great. We would be better with a healthy Lacy, but that will come.
    There's still room for improvement there. Not sure if it was Hart or Yeldon, but one of them didn't make a block in the 4th quarter that cost us a TD. The pass AJ overthrew to Williams in the 4th quarter was rushed after the LB got past the rb. Had that block been made right that was probably six.

Went back and watched it again and it was Hart. Had he handled his block that was probably 6. That's why Lacy checked back in for the next play. There was one other miss by Yeldon, but all and all they dis a good job.
    Last edited by Dallas4Bama; September 3rd, 2012 at 01:57 PM.

2. Advertisement
    BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Re: T.J. Yeldon: the Real Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TrueGritnPluck View Post
    Love this song........perfect....
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

Kids is the closest thing to Bobby H. at the Capstone since he left... he glides into the hole with tremendous acceleration.

A nice start, but let's wait a few weeks before we carve his bust for Canton.

BamaNation All-SEC Perrett4Bama's Avatar
    My Mood
    Happy on TideFans.com

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    A nice start, but let's wait a few weeks before we carve his bust for Canton.
    Look here 67........I have been chiseling all night long so I'm not stopping now....
    "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth." Genesis 1:1

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

With all respect to the O Line & they are very good but TJ did a lot on his own.

I wish I knew how to describe it but he looks like he has Great vison & so quick he can cut thru very small cracks. He did not rip a rally long one so we have to see when he gets thru a good defensive line if he has the after burners that both Trent & Mark had.

I think he will but we have a whole season to find out.

BamaNation Second Team UnNFormedFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cheerful on TideFans.com

Nevermind
    Last edited by UnNFormedFan; September 3rd, 2012 at 06:23 AM.

It's definitely in season now.
    Last edited by CapstoneTider; September 3rd, 2012 at 06:29 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar
    My Mood
    Busy on TideFans.com

Humphrey made a living off the toss sweep and turning the corner.

This kid did it with a huge burst of speed and watching the defense move..

I saw Shaun Alexander behavior out there

I love we are arguing about what HOFer he most resembles....

RTR
    Raj: Excuse me, I can't be drinking, I'm about to make an important scientific discovery here!
    Howard:What? Galileo did his best work while drinking wine!
    Raj: How do you know that?
    Howard: He was Italian, it's a reasonable assumption.
    Raj: Dude, can you even open your mouth without saying a cultural stereotype?
    Howard: I'm sorry Galileo drank diet sprite!

My Mood
    Aggressive on TideFans.com

I don't like the way he carries the ball. needs to be high and tight not high and loose. also needs to switch arms in the open field away from defenders and toward the boundary. I love the way he runs mostly north/south, accelerates through a hole and cuts, shifts. catches the ball really well. A star in the making.

There is a TJ Yeldon thread on the Michigan board. they are impressed with him as well.
    to 16 and beyond........

BamaNation All-American 1FitToBeTide's Avatar
    My Mood
    Relaxed on TideFans.com

I've watched a lot of our RBs over the years and was curious to see Yeldon's running style. What I saw was a shorter stride than I'd look for in someone 6-2, which gave him a more upright profile. Good speed and enough "swivel hipedness" to make it hard to get a good lick on him. Seems to have good field vision for someone just getting into the speed of the college game. He hit the seams well in following blockers on the off tackle plays. Looking to see him on a long breakaway run with DBs chasing him.

On the subject of RBs, really enjoyed seeing Dee Hart carry some also. He looked healthy and pretty speedy to me. I can see him popping through the line and going supersonic before the D getting a hand on him. I believe no other team in CFB has a herd of quality RBs like we have. Kudos to Coach Burns for the recruiting and coaching job he's doing for us. May they all stay healthy.

"When you are arguing against Him, you are arguing against the very power that makes you able to argue at all." C.S. Lewis

"Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you will get neither." C.S Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Padreruf View Post
    OK, come down to earth. Yeldon is good -- probably will be great. However, I could have run for 50 yards behind the O line and JF -- I am 61...What is good to see is that the team can take their time with Lacey and let the others take their turns this week. I do think we will need EL against Arky. However, if their defense is as porous as predicted...maybe not.
    I noticed you received not one but two tourist thumbs down for this statement above. Sharing the praise and calling Yeldon great.

The alternative I suppose is that just Yeldon is great? Anything deeper is clutter

It's all not white and black or left and right. Like George Bush Sr. said "There's that gap there." Very true words. The o-line was just awesome right along with those backs as you point out very well.

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    I noticed you received not one but two tourist thumbs down for this statement above. Sharing the praise and calling Yeldon great.

The alternative I suppose is that just Yeldon is great? Anything deeper is clutter

It's all not white and black or left and right. Like George Bush Sr. said "There's that gap there." Very true words. The o-line was just awesome right along with those backs as you point out very well.
    This is true. However, no other back took advantage of those holes like he did...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus