Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Re: T.J. Yeldon: the Real Deal.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    This is true. However, no other back took advantage of those holes like he did...
    He looks like a 5'10 190 pound back. Then you realize your watching someone that is 6'2 215 lbs gliding, juking, accelerating. He does remind me a little of Sherman Williams in his quick hole assessment. You can't even tell he's picking a spot because he's so quick.

I do want to watch him against a tougher line and see how he does with the tough yardage, but I am sure it will be fine. He could be just as good as Ingram and Richardson, which is saying a lot after 1 game.

Edit: I think it's now safe to say that the NFL has a spot for Fowler somewhere too. I have always been a skeptic about Fowler, but I his versatility is great.
    Last edited by CapstoneTider; September 3rd, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

2. Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by CapstoneTider View Post
    He looks like a 5'10 190 pound back. Then you realize your watching someone that is 6'2 215 lbs gliding, juking, accelerating. He does remind me a little of Sherman Williams in his quick hole assessment. You can't even tell he's picking a spot because he's so quick.

I do want to watch him against a tougher line and see how he does with the tough yardage, but I am sure it will be fine. He could be just as good as Ingram and Richardson, which is saying a lot after 1 game.
    Their DL did much better against pass than the run, but, from what we've seen so far, Yeldon's skills match up beautifully with the run blocking of our OL. I agree that we'll know more when the DLine on the other side is of a higher caliber...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

CT makes a good observation. I didn't know how to say it, but he does hit the hole so quickly you can't tell he's looking for it. Part of that is he trust his line will create the hole where it was drawn on the chalk board before he gets there. To be a freshmen and already get that is something special.

Also what Earle said is very true. All the backs ran behind the same line and Yeldon is the one who took full advantage of it. I feel like Jalston made the next beat use of his carries. We are seeing a lacy that still isn't 100% or he would have been over 100.
    Last edited by Dallas4Bama; September 3rd, 2012 at 02:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas4Bama View Post
    CT makes a good observation. I didn't know how to say it, but he does hit the hole so quickly you can't tell he's looking for it. Part of that is he trust his line will create the hole where it was drawn on the chalk board before he gets there. To be a freshmen and already get that is something special.

Also what Earle said is very true. All the backs ran behind the same line and Yeldon is the one who took full advantage of it. I feel like Jalston made the next beat use of his carries. We are seeing a lacy that still isn't 100% or he would have been over 100.
    Agree about Fowler. Of course, he's much more experienced than Yeldon...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallas4Bama View Post
    There's still room for improvement there. Not sure if it was Hart or Yeldon, but one of them didn't make a block in the 4th quarter that cost us a TD. The pass AJ overthrew to Williams in the 4th quarter was rushed after the LB got past the rb. Had that block been made right that was probably six.

Went back and watched it again and it was Hart. Had he handled his block that was probably 6. That's why Lacy checked back in for the next play. There was one other miss by Yeldon, but all and all they dis a good job.
    Yeah, we'll get better. Some things that I missed during the game were glaring the second time I watched. Good coaching points.
    ROLL TIDE!

Their DL did much better against pass than the run, but, from what we've seen so far, Yeldon's skills match up beautifully with the run blocking of our OL.
    Yeldon''s so good he could've made Bucket Step Bob's version of zone blocking look good. If not for Justin Taylor's Bill Curry move in recruiting, we wouldn't have Yeldon imo. With how wide open the field was going to be, I wonder if Taylor just bit first before the injury as to why Yeldon shied away so long. You never know about recruiting though.

Georgia looks like they have a pretty good back too And it's very obvious that he has studied Trent closely.

BamaNation Hall of Fame
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

His trust and quick determination on which gap to attack is something to watch. He could struggle against the best SEC defenses we will play this season because sometimes showing patience is the key to making big gains.

I like that he sees an opening and hits it relentlessly but lets see how he handles a team who can actually muck things up a bit.

BamaNation Second Team GADAWG1980's Avatar

Yeldons a great looking back. Great cutback ability and speed. It will be interesting to see who garners s.e.c freshman of the year.

BamaNation All-American Florida Tom's Avatar
    My Mood
    GameFace on TideFans.com

Not much is said about Burton Burns who has to be one of the best running back coaches ever. I know Mark & Trent gave him a lot of credit.

He takes great talent & makes them Smart runners.

Quote Originally Posted by Florida Tom View Post
    Not much is said about Burton Burns who has to be one of the best running back coaches ever. I know Mark & Trent gave him a lot of credit.

He takes great talent & makes them Smart runners.
    Really good point...BB makes quality running backs out of great athletes -- not always the same. I am also ready to see Yeldon run at a quality DL...but I think he will hold his own...especially behind our OL. If he gains about 15 more pounds of upper body strength muscle, then I would say he reminds me of Jim Brown -- running the ball that is.
    "The greatest evil in the world is not 'not knowing;' it is not knowing that you do not know." Alfred North Whitehead

BamaNation All-SEC Bamafan P.T.'s Avatar

Agree about Fowler. Of course, he's much more experienced than Yeldon...
    Always been impressed with Fowler's speed for his size, but I thought he looked extremely quick hitting the hole last Saturday. We have some serious talent at RB. I hope Lacey gets healthy and gets his due, but I'm afraid he may not get the full load this year, healthy or not.

Quote Originally Posted by rgw View Post
    His trust and quick determination on which gap to attack is something to watch. He could struggle against the best SEC defenses we will play this season because sometimes showing patience is the key to making big gains.

I like that he sees an opening and hits it relentlessly but lets see how he handles a team who can actually muck things up a bit.
    He's the very opposite of Alexander and his little stutter step, waiting for the hole to form. I remember how frustrated Coach Fatso at the Seahawks would get with that...