T.J. Yeldon: the Real Deal.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
I've been trying to find a comparable back from Bama's history, but I'm having a hard time. He's taller than most and he glides a little like Alexander but he looks fast. Alexander never looked fast, although he was. Maybe Bobby Humphery, though not as much a slasher.

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
TJ Yeldon's performance reminds me of why I like this site. I have never seen the young man play before, but, thanks to what I've learned here, I could share with my viewing party that he is getting rave reviews in practice, switched from the Barn to Bama, and is expected to be the next great RB at Alabama.

The bads news is that his great performance was no surprise to me like Shaun Alexander's game against LSU. :D

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I've been trying to find a comparable back from Bama's history, but I'm having a hard time. He's taller than most and he glides a little like Alexander but he looks fast. Alexander never looked fast, although he was. Maybe Bobby Humphery, though not as much a slasher.
Somewhere between a Shaun Alexander and a Linnie Patrick. Definitely the most impressed I've been with a Bama frosh RB since Alexander.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
1: Bama win.
2: Barn lost:
3: T.J. looks like a star in the making while wearing Crimson.

Auburn is going to be butthurt about Yeldon for a LONG, LLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time.

CaptainTide

Scout Team
Apr 16, 2011
Mobile, AL
Didn't know that. That makes it even more impressive.
I love listening to our radio announcers (Eli Gold mostly) because he gives you little tidbits like that that ESPN would never even bother with.
Yeldon is indeed the real deal. Was extremely impressed with his performance tonight.

KrimsonNinja

All-SEC
Apr 22, 2009
Florida
T.J. Yeldon is an amazing player. Over 100 rushing yards in his freshman debut against #8 Michigan is just incredible.

This is going to be a great season.

DurdenTider

All-SEC
Jan 3, 2011
Mobile, AL
I think Fowler just guaranteed himself a draft pick in the NFL showing his ability to play RB and FB in one game. NFL scouts will eat that up. Yeldon is insanely talented and great chance of getting freshmen all american this year

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
I'm going really old school here but a couple of TJ's bursts and glides reminded me of Wilbur Jackson. And that is a very good thing.

Florida Tom

All-American
Aug 15, 2011
Tampa, FL
I'm going really old school here but a couple of TJ's bursts and glides reminded me of Wilbur Jackson. And that is a very good thing.
I lived next door to Wilbur at one time not just a Graet player but a really Great person.

I "thought" TJ was good but he's much better than I could imagine This Good.

Folkshe is Going to be something really Special just stay healthy & focused.

BTW Lacy, Folwer & Hart were pretty good as well.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Going by last night, every tailback who gets a handful of touches will find success the way that o-line looked against Michigan. Alabama's offensive linemen put on a clinic on how to execute a run play. They were so in sync with their assignments and physically dominant with their blocks, the tailbacks were halfway to a first down before the back had to attack or avoid a defender.

Yeldon looks like a stud but I think the real story is that we're going to ride the hot hand at tailback. Whoever is seeing the defense the best - making the right cuts - will likely get the big yardage. Against a better defense or simply a more physically intimidating defense, I think Lacy and Fowler will get the bulk of the snaps in the hopes of pounding them into submission.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
i saw Yeldon play in high school and knew he was the real deal. what i didnt know was that he'd be the best runner on our team in the first game. his combination of size, power, speed, vision is unreal. He's the type of RB where the defense has to square up and "think" before they make the tackle. Which results in awful tackle angles. Thats what made Adrian Peterson so great in college and the NFL..it's like a train is coming straight for you and you got 1 second to figure out how to make the tkl. too late

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.