T.J. Yeldon: the Real Deal.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Well, when you're wrong, you're wrong...went back and watched it again and I was wrong.

I'll tell you one thing...it was nice watching those big linemen 20+ yards downfield trying to find someone to block and trying to keep up with Yeldon on the screen pass with about 1150 left in the 2nd. I thought he had the cutback on that play if he's a little more patient, but I was just flat out wrong.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Well, when you're wrong, you're wrong...went back and watched it again and I was wrong.

I'll tell you one thing...it was nice watching those big linemen 20+ yards downfield trying to find someone to block and trying to keep up with Yeldon on the screen pass with about 1150 left in the 2nd. I thought he had the cutback on that play if he's a little more patient, but I was just flat out wrong.
I've often found that, on replay, it didn't really happen the way I thought at first. That said, it's possible with most runs that reach the second level, and even more with PRs and KORs, to pick out a move which could have been made one way or the other to make it a TD or, at least, more productive. Yeldon's development is going to be fun to watch...

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Always been impressed with Fowler's speed for his size, but I thought he looked extremely quick hitting the hole last Saturday. We have some serious talent at RB. I hope Lacey gets healthy and gets his due, but I'm afraid he may not get the full load this year, healthy or not.
TJ was fantastic and deserves all the praise he is getting. But, I agree about Fowler. He's more than just a big back with good speed. He's much more nimble than his size would suggest and he showed it well against Michigan. If not for Yeldon's great performance, we would all really be giddy about Jalston today.

Dallas4Bama

Suspended
Sep 27, 2006
Dallas, Texas
I've often found that, on replay, it didn't really happen the way I thought at first. That said, it's possible with most runs that reach the second level, and even more with PRs and KORs, to pick out a move which could have been made one way or the other to make it a TD or, at least, more productive. Yeldon's development is going to be fun to watch...
I think that goes even more for games you see in person. When I'm at a game I always have an impression of what I saw, yet when I watch it again I'm able to see where uneasy wrong on some things. Not everything, but I always seem to find a few key plays that I was wrong about. I am looking forward to having the replays shown in SEC stadiums when the refs are reviewing. We didn't get that in Jerry's world and it would have been nice a couple times.

bamafaninOhiO

All-American
May 11, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
Going by last night, every tailback who gets a handful of touches will find success the way that o-line looked against Michigan. Alabama's offensive linemen put on a clinic on how to execute a run play. They were so in sync with their assignments and physically dominant with their blocks, the tailbacks were halfway to a first down before the back had to attack or avoid a defender.

Yeldon looks like a stud but I think the real story is that we're going to ride the hot hand at tailback. Whoever is seeing the defense the best - making the right cuts - will likely get the big yardage. Against a better defense or simply a more physically intimidating defense, I think Lacy and Fowler will get the bulk of the snaps in the hopes of pounding them into submission.
That offensive line looked like men among boys. Thats the biggest difference for this season...our O line looks unstoppable.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
The great thing about being a back in Coach Saban's system is you are not out of gas at the end of your college career due to running it 25-30 times a game. I think this may be one of the best stable of backs we have ever had at Bama. No drop off in any of the 4 we run out there. Roll Tide!!!!!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
My only slight citicism of Yeldon is that he needs to allow his downfield blockers to make their blocks before charging directly into the defenders...lol. The guy is just too darned fast and impatient. :)

WHAT?
Do you want Yeldon to stop and wait for a block, or wait to get tackled???

NOT ME. I'll take a Yeldon that takes what he can get, then strikes out w/o blocks, if our guys can't keep up.

Yep... I've always been the impatient type too.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
1: Bama win.
2: Barn lost:
3: T.J. looks like a star in the making while wearing Crimson.

Auburn is going to be butthurt about Yeldon for a LONG, LLLOOOOOONNNNNGGGG time.
I know. Every time Yeldon took off I had a smile deep down inside about the way it all went down. At least for his first game you couldn't have written a much better script. Roll Tide!

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The great thing about being a back in Coach Saban's system is you are not out of gas at the end of your college career due to running it 25-30 times a game. I think this may be one of the best stable of backs we have ever had at Bama. No drop off in any of the 4 we run out there. Roll Tide!!!!!
I think we've been successful in getting that across to RB recruits. The useful life of a RB is so many carries. It's the mileage even more than age...

uofaJO1987

1st Team
Oct 25, 2011
Highland Home, AL
I started this thread after the Michigan game. Now that we've seen T.J. for a whole season, I think it's safe to say all of our assumptions about this kid were spot on. I'm really looking forward to seeing him for the next two seasons, because let's face it there is no way he stays for a senior season. He is way too talented. RTR everybody!! Number 15 was certainly sweet.

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
TJ got some nice press on ESPN this morning. I don't remember which show, but it was a Superbowl preview and for some reason they started talking about the Bama/ND game and how Eddie Lacy ran over Manti Te'o. Then they started talking about how awesome TJ is. I loved it!

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
The amazing thing about that video is the number of times he was an eyelash away from going the distance. That was something I noticed throughout the season. He was so close so many times this season it was ridiculous. I think with the increase in carries next year he will have many long td runs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.